Thoughts on this game
tigerpower89
S

WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: week 4 9/20 (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Postby maniac66 » September 13th, 2013, 10:22 pm

penalties and turn overs still haunt this young Tiger team but I believe they can win this game.
The Russell score between the two should be throwed out Ashland may have been looking ahead.
Be a good hard fought game Ashland has a stud at running back but Ironton showed against A.C. that they can stop the run and not get rattled when down this is a young but talented team Ironton 21-13
maniac66
SEO

Teams: TIGERS

Postby on a mission » September 13th, 2013, 10:40 pm

!
Last edited by on a mission on September 16th, 2013, 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
on a mission
SEO

Postby on a mission » September 13th, 2013, 10:40 pm

Ironton by a couple tds.. Playing in Putnam has the young tigers down 7 going in but I'll still take the young tigers! Young or not ITS JUST ASHLAND!
Last edited by on a mission on September 16th, 2013, 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
on a mission
SEO

Postby Pocket Aces » September 13th, 2013, 10:43 pm

Should be a good one, IHS seems to have found their identity the past two weeks. IHS by the aforementioned 2 tds
Pocket Aces
SEOP

Postby ohbuckeye2 » September 13th, 2013, 11:06 pm

Irontons Defense will have a tall order in stopping Ashlands Baker, one of the best RB's we will face this year but they can do it. The Tigers O line have looked really good in the 2nd half, they need to do a better job in the 1st half. We are having way to many costly Penalties, we need to clean them up asap. Hopefully Desmond Young and Tyler Taylors injuries are not that bad and will be able to go in this game. We have improved on turn overs the last couple games, keep up the great work there.

GO TIGERS.........
ohbuckeye2
SEO

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Postby maniac66 » September 14th, 2013, 8:49 am

Ironton can win this game but to do so Turnovers need to stop and penalties need to be cut down if not completely stopped.
This is a young but talented Tiger team and they will continue to show they are better than the first game of the season as the season continues.
Last nights game against A.C. prob. should have won by a wider margin than they did but penalties took momentum and scores away.
But I do like the way they stayed focused and refuse to give up and let this game get away from them this is a special team in IMO go Tigers bring home another victory Friday night.
maniac66
SEO

Postby cg-ironton fan » September 14th, 2013, 10:33 am

this will be another close game like last night, ironton can win just gotta have no turnovers and no silly penalities, we gotta stop there running back he had big stats in there 1st game. TIGERS 26-22
cg-ironton fan
SE

Location: front row at reds game either by 1st base or left field!
Teams: cincinnati reds

Postby urban buck » September 14th, 2013, 10:54 am

Ashland is young. So with Ashland only beating Russell by one point 7to 6. It should be a nice win for Ironton.
urban buck
SEO

Postby ohbuckeye2 » September 14th, 2013, 1:36 pm

Ashland vs Newport Central Catholic....- lost - 26-37
Ashland vs Raceland.......................- won - 35-34 OT
Ashland vs George Washington...........- lost - 14-35
Ashland vs Russell..........................- won - 7-6
ohbuckeye2
SEO

Postby TRH » September 14th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Will be a good one. Always is. Records and prior opponents doesn't matter. It is Ashland and Ironton on Friday night.
TRH
S

Postby Anonymous_Falcon_Fan » September 14th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Is Ironton still running more of a spread offense?
Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
S

Teams: Minford Falcons

Postby TigerTownTurkey » September 14th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:Is Ironton still running more of a spread offense?

no......
TigerTownTurkey
SEOP LEGEND

Postby maniac66 » September 14th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Irontons Defense has been so much better the past two games and a lot better than last year Ashland will test it with their running back no doubt but I think this young squad will be up to the task and bring home a win.
maniac66
SEO

Postby noles_fan » September 15th, 2013, 8:11 pm

It seem like the Ironton fans are taking a lot of stock in beating a Amanda CC team that aint what it use to be.
noles_fan
SEOP

Teams: them West Siders!!!

Postby Charley Hustle » September 15th, 2013, 8:21 pm

noles_fan wrote:It seem like the Ironton fans are taking a lot of stock in beating a Amanda CC team that aint what it use to be.

seems like u dont have a clue what the Tiger fans are putting stock in..........just a bunch of young players doing their best regardless of what certain fans like u who have an opinion that doesnt mean crap.....most of these players dont realize the history of AC and what it means to handle them like they did.............
Charley Hustle
SEOP

Postby Charley Hustle » September 15th, 2013, 8:25 pm

maniac66 wrote:Irontons Defense has been so much better the past two games and a lot better than last year Ashland will test it with their running back no doubt but I think this young squad will be up to the task and bring home a win.

good post m66.......
Charley Hustle
SEOP

Postby noles_fan » September 15th, 2013, 8:54 pm

Charley Hustle wrote:
noles_fan wrote:It seem like the Ironton fans are taking a lot of stock in beating a Amanda CC team that aint what it use to be.

seems like u dont have a clue what the Tiger fans are putting stock in..........just a bunch of young players doing their best regardless of what certain fans like u who have an opinion that doesnt mean crap.....most of these players dont realize the history of AC and what it means to handle them like they did.............

The young kids argument is running out this is the 4th week of the season. I give them Props for not folding up the tents after the getting beat that bad the first week. Last weeks game was a 7 point game on a team that is rebuilding more than your team is. And as far as what you think about my opinions I really dont care because i'm entitled to give them on any subject.
noles_fan
SEOP

Postby Charley Hustle » September 15th, 2013, 9:11 pm

noles_fan wrote:
Charley Hustle wrote:

The young kids argument is running out this is the 4th week of the season. I give them Props for not folding up the tents after the getting beat that bad the first week. Last weeks game was a 7 point game on a team that is rebuilding more than your team is. And as far as what you think about my opinions I really dont care because i'm entitled to give them on any subject.

not an argument......just a fact........quite obvious you dont understand rebuilding especially on a team that lost 22 seniors last year......

and just because you are entitled to give your opinion doesnt mean anyone will agree with it especially me.........and once again I will say u dont have a clue what the Tiger fans put stock in.......
Charley Hustle
SEOP

Postby noles_fan » September 15th, 2013, 9:23 pm

I know more about rebuilding than you my friend try being on a staff that only has 33 player and 12 of those are fresmen.

And eveeryone on here knows what Ironton fans put stock in....Half the posters from Ironton think the sun rises and sets on tank stadium. Do you really think beating a team by 7 is handling them. especially when it is a team that if had last years team you wouldve hung 70 on them. Supporting your team is one thing but dont try and make it sound like you just beat a playoff caliber team.
noles_fan
SEOP

Postby Charley Hustle » September 15th, 2013, 9:38 pm

noles_fan wrote:I know more about rebuilding than you my friend try being on a staff that only has 33 player and 12 of those are fresmen.

And eveeryone on here knows what Ironton fans put stock in....Half the posters from Ironton think the sun rises and sets on tank stadium. Do you really think beating a team by 7 is handling them. especially when it is a team that if had last years team you wouldve hung 70 on them. Supporting your team is one thing but dont try and make it sound like you just beat a playoff caliber team.

Are u trying to convince me you are a brain just because you are on a staff..........."half the posters" is the funniest thing I have heard for a while..........

and by the way I am not an Ironton poster..... but I do have a lot of friends including coaches from Ironton and it is quite obvious you couldnt carry their jock strap........and dont let Tank stadium bug u.......it is on the LIst of HIstorical sites in the state of Ohio..........and relax a little because you spelling goes to he!! once your blood pressure goes up.........

it is Freshmen not fresmen......and it is everyone not eveeryone........glad to help u out Coach before you make yourself look like a complete idiot.......... :lol: :lol:
Charley Hustle
SEOP

Postby local superstar » September 15th, 2013, 9:59 pm

I feel you noles. One thing for sure Ironton uses the YOUNG card to extreme. A lot of teams have players that can't even drive starting varsity so that gets old. That said, good luck Ironton. Should be able to handle the YOUNG Ashland team just fine!
local superstar
SEO

Postby noles_fan » September 15th, 2013, 10:04 pm

Charley Hustle wrote:
noles_fan wrote:I know more about rebuilding than you my friend try being on a staff that only has 33 player and 12 of those are fresmen.

Are u trying to convince me you are a brain just because you are on a staff..........."half the posters" is the funniest thing I have heard for a while..........

and by the way I am not an Ironton poster..... but I do have a lot of friends including coaches from Ironton and it is quite obvious you couldnt carry their jock strap........and dont let Tank stadium bug u.......it is on the LIst of HIstorical sites in the state of Ohio..........and relax a little because you spelling goes to he!! once your blood pressure goes up.........

it is Freshmen not fresmen......and it is everyone not eveeryone........glad to help u out Coach before you make yourself look like a complete idiot.......... :lol: :lol:

You are so funny, :lol: :lol: You have to become the Grammar police because you didnt have any other defense. By the way it is you not u. For your information you just made yourself a Ironton poster by posting on this thread supporting them. But I guess that is to hard of a concept for you to grasp. I could show you a bunch of rocks in a mud hole that is on the List of historical sites. And you should worry about your own blood pressure since it looks like you are having a hard time letting up on the shift key "LIst of HIstorical sites". See I can do that too.

I love how you avoided the football related part of my post. Typical of someone from Ironton. Just because you have friends that coach doesn't mean you know anything about the game. My advice is you should stay at the fuzzyduck eating wings.
noles_fan
SEOP

Postby noles_fan » September 15th, 2013, 10:09 pm

local superstar wrote:I feel you noles. One thing for sure Ironton uses the YOUNG card to extreme. A lot of teams have players that can't even drive starting varsity so that gets old. That said, good luck Ironton. Should be able to handle the YOUNG Ashland team just fine!

This is the 4th week we are almost half way through the season. They have Varsity games under their belts now, its time to put that card away until next year. And they do have a shot against Ashland.
noles_fan
SEOP

Postby juke boxer » September 15th, 2013, 10:43 pm

Hard to understand any coach from any staff would be on here bashing other programs. Wow
juke boxer
SEO

Postby cg-ironton fan » September 15th, 2013, 10:52 pm

when the clock says 0:00 the only thing that matters is the W and had you been there the ironton DEFENSE did handle them in the 2nd half very good!!!! ironton coaches must be doing something right , keep up the good work TIGERS :122245
cg-ironton fan
SE

Location: front row at reds game either by 1st base or left field!
Teams: cincinnati reds

Postby noles_fan » September 16th, 2013, 12:17 am

juke boxer wrote:Hard to understand any coach from any staff would be on here bashing other programs. Wow

I am a former coach. I was defending a post not bashing a program. None of my post were directed towards the program. I made a post for ironton fans and someone made a personal attack at me. If you are going to come at me know what and in what context I said them.
noles_fan
SEOP

Postby moonshine » September 16th, 2013, 6:10 am

Like you guy's said b-4 " It's only Ashland"
moonshine
SEOP

Postby vctransplant » September 16th, 2013, 7:43 am

Rooting for the Ohio team. Go Tigers.
vctransplant
SEO

Teams: vinton county

Postby TigerTownTurkey » September 16th, 2013, 7:46 am

moonshine wrote:Like you guy's said b-4 " It's only Ashland"

Good one shine........... :) :)
TigerTownTurkey
SEOP LEGEND

Postby Leo Byrd » September 16th, 2013, 8:41 am

Good luck to the Tigers this Friday.......
Leo Byrd
SEOP

Postby native blood » September 16th, 2013, 8:50 am

Ironton had best bring their A game to Putnam. I spent the better part of the day Saturday in and around Ashland and this game is the topic of most conversations. The Tomcats will be on fire when they take the field for this one. The enthusiasm for this one reminds me of the old Ashland vs boyd co. games of the early 70's. Should be a great game. I'm taking Ashland by 12 in this one.
native blood
Waterboy

Postby maniac66 » September 16th, 2013, 10:21 am

I'm a Ironton fan I admit and also know and realize that the sun does not rise and set at Tank Stadium it only parks and parties when needed their :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
That being said 3rd game or not this is still a young team relying on freshmen and sophomores and only 3 starters returning from last year.
A.C. was not a bad team they was a hard hitting and playing team turnovers and penalties hurt Ironton but they did not stop then from winning.
Yes they have only 3 games down but they are playing better each week and that is a sign they are maturing and playing as a team but the mistakes show their youth and inexperience to.
Ashland is a tough team no doubt and maybe they was over looking Russell to get to the Ironton game I do not know but regardless this is a team learning that it is easier to win with out mistakes than with them.
Young yes but inexperienced more than young.
Is that a excuse for the whipping Wheelersburg put on them no that was just simply a bad very bad game they was not ready for and giving them a short field on 3 strait turnovers was simply devastating to this team but they rebounded and will improve and grow as they should during the season.
maniac66
SEO

Postby WowTimmy2013 » September 16th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Good luck ironton
WowTimmy2013
SE

Teams: MoHawk Mafia, Buckeyes, reds

Postby ManitouDan » September 16th, 2013, 12:42 pm

I could care less who wins , but the motto " It's only ashland " is FREAKING FUNNY -- esp considering the Tomcats tend to think rather highly of their selves . lol
ManitouDan
SEOP LE

Teams: reds UK

Next

Return to Football