WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Moderator: SEOP Mods

tigerpower89
Bench
Posts: 186
Joined: January 10th, 2010, 6:33 pm

WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by tigerpower89 » September 13th, 2013, 10:59 pm

Thoughts on this game



User avatar
maniac66
JV Backup
Posts: 1241
Joined: November 14th, 2009, 1:21 pm
Teams: TIGERS
Location: albuquerque, NM 87105 US
Contact:

Re: week 4 9/20 (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by maniac66 » September 13th, 2013, 11:22 pm

penalties and turn overs still haunt this young Tiger team but I believe they can win this game.
The Russell score between the two should be throwed out Ashland may have been looking ahead.
Be a good hard fought game Ashland has a stud at running back but Ironton showed against A.C. that they can stop the run and not get rattled when down this is a young but talented team Ironton 21-13

User avatar
on a mission
Freshman Starter
Posts: 745
Joined: July 29th, 2008, 1:58 pm

Re: week 4 9/20 (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by on a mission » September 13th, 2013, 11:40 pm

!
Last edited by on a mission on September 16th, 2013, 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
on a mission
Freshman Starter
Posts: 745
Joined: July 29th, 2008, 1:58 pm

Re: week 4 9/20 (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by on a mission » September 13th, 2013, 11:40 pm

Ironton by a couple tds.. Playing in Putnam has the young tigers down 7 going in but I'll still take the young tigers! Young or not ITS JUST ASHLAND!
Last edited by on a mission on September 16th, 2013, 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pocket Aces
JV Backup
Posts: 1476
Joined: March 22nd, 2005, 12:07 pm
Location: Hooping with the new WAVE

Re: week 4 9/20 (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by Pocket Aces » September 13th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Should be a good one, IHS seems to have found their identity the past two weeks. IHS by the aforementioned 2 tds

User avatar
ohbuckeye2
JV Starter
Posts: 1781
Joined: July 27th, 2012, 11:48 am
Teams: Ironton Fighting Tigers

Re: week 4 9/20 (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by ohbuckeye2 » September 14th, 2013, 12:06 am

Irontons Defense will have a tall order in stopping Ashlands Baker, one of the best RB's we will face this year but they can do it. The Tigers O line have looked really good in the 2nd half, they need to do a better job in the 1st half. We are having way to many costly Penalties, we need to clean them up asap. Hopefully Desmond Young and Tyler Taylors injuries are not that bad and will be able to go in this game. We have improved on turn overs the last couple games, keep up the great work there.


GO TIGERS.........

User avatar
maniac66
JV Backup
Posts: 1241
Joined: November 14th, 2009, 1:21 pm
Teams: TIGERS
Location: albuquerque, NM 87105 US
Contact:

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by maniac66 » September 14th, 2013, 9:49 am

Ironton can win this game but to do so Turnovers need to stop and penalties need to be cut down if not completely stopped.
This is a young but talented Tiger team and they will continue to show they are better than the first game of the season as the season continues.
Last nights game against A.C. prob. should have won by a wider margin than they did but penalties took momentum and scores away.
But I do like the way they stayed focused and refuse to give up and let this game get away from them this is a special team in IMO go Tigers bring home another victory Friday night.

Trojan_Pride
Freshman Starter
Posts: 931
Joined: March 28th, 2006, 4:33 pm
Teams: cincinnati reds

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by Trojan_Pride » September 14th, 2013, 11:33 am

this will be another close game like last night, ironton can win just gotta have no turnovers and no silly penalities, we gotta stop there running back he had big stats in there 1st game. TIGERS 26-22

urban buck
Freshman Starter
Posts: 508
Joined: January 12th, 2012, 9:54 pm

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by urban buck » September 14th, 2013, 11:54 am

Ashland is young. So with Ashland only beating Russell by one point 7to 6. It should be a nice win for Ironton.

User avatar
ohbuckeye2
JV Starter
Posts: 1781
Joined: July 27th, 2012, 11:48 am
Teams: Ironton Fighting Tigers

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by ohbuckeye2 » September 14th, 2013, 2:36 pm

Ashland vs Newport Central Catholic....- lost - 26-37
Ashland vs Raceland.......................- won - 35-34 OT
Ashland vs George Washington...........- lost - 14-35
Ashland vs Russell..........................- won - 7-6

User avatar
TRH
Bench
Posts: 210
Joined: March 23rd, 2011, 8:02 pm
Contact:

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by TRH » September 14th, 2013, 4:26 pm

Will be a good one. Always is. Records and prior opponents doesn't matter. It is Ashland and Ironton on Friday night.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Bench
Posts: 165
Joined: August 20th, 2012, 10:08 pm
Teams: Minford Falcons

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan » September 14th, 2013, 6:07 pm

Is Ironton still running more of a spread offense?

User avatar
TigerTownTurkey
Purple Hippo
Posts: 101417
Joined: November 11th, 2004, 7:47 am
Teams: cleveland
Location: Working afternoon turn at the Brewery......

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by TigerTownTurkey » September 14th, 2013, 6:30 pm

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:Is Ironton still running more of a spread offense?
no......

User avatar
maniac66
JV Backup
Posts: 1241
Joined: November 14th, 2009, 1:21 pm
Teams: TIGERS
Location: albuquerque, NM 87105 US
Contact:

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by maniac66 » September 14th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Irontons Defense has been so much better the past two games and a lot better than last year Ashland will test it with their running back no doubt but I think this young squad will be up to the task and bring home a win.

User avatar
noles_fan
JV Backup
Posts: 1236
Joined: September 5th, 2010, 3:37 pm
Teams: them West Siders!!!
Location: The West Side
Contact:

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by noles_fan » September 15th, 2013, 9:11 pm

It seem like the Ironton fans are taking a lot of stock in beating a Amanda CC team that aint what it use to be.

User avatar
Charley Hustle
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 4383
Joined: June 29th, 2008, 5:03 am
Location: In the Fuzzy Duck watching the barges.......

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by Charley Hustle » September 15th, 2013, 9:21 pm

noles_fan wrote:It seem like the Ironton fans are taking a lot of stock in beating a Amanda CC team that aint what it use to be.
seems like u dont have a clue what the Tiger fans are putting stock in..........just a bunch of young players doing their best regardless of what certain fans like u who have an opinion that doesnt mean crap.....most of these players dont realize the history of AC and what it means to handle them like they did.............

User avatar
Charley Hustle
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 4383
Joined: June 29th, 2008, 5:03 am
Location: In the Fuzzy Duck watching the barges.......

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by Charley Hustle » September 15th, 2013, 9:25 pm

maniac66 wrote:Irontons Defense has been so much better the past two games and a lot better than last year Ashland will test it with their running back no doubt but I think this young squad will be up to the task and bring home a win.
good post m66.......

User avatar
noles_fan
JV Backup
Posts: 1236
Joined: September 5th, 2010, 3:37 pm
Teams: them West Siders!!!
Location: The West Side
Contact:

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by noles_fan » September 15th, 2013, 9:54 pm

Charley Hustle wrote:
noles_fan wrote:It seem like the Ironton fans are taking a lot of stock in beating a Amanda CC team that aint what it use to be.
seems like u dont have a clue what the Tiger fans are putting stock in..........just a bunch of young players doing their best regardless of what certain fans like u who have an opinion that doesnt mean crap.....most of these players dont realize the history of AC and what it means to handle them like they did.............
The young kids argument is running out this is the 4th week of the season. I give them Props for not folding up the tents after the getting beat that bad the first week. Last weeks game was a 7 point game on a team that is rebuilding more than your team is. And as far as what you think about my opinions I really dont care because i'm entitled to give them on any subject.

User avatar
Charley Hustle
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 4383
Joined: June 29th, 2008, 5:03 am
Location: In the Fuzzy Duck watching the barges.......

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by Charley Hustle » September 15th, 2013, 10:11 pm

noles_fan wrote:
Charley Hustle wrote:
noles_fan wrote:It seem like the Ironton fans are taking a lot of stock in beating a Amanda CC team that aint what it use to be.
seems like u dont have a clue what the Tiger fans are putting stock in..........just a bunch of young players doing their best regardless of what certain fans like u who have an opinion that doesnt mean crap.....most of these players dont realize the history of AC and what it means to handle them like they did.............
The young kids argument is running out this is the 4th week of the season. I give them Props for not folding up the tents after the getting beat that bad the first week. Last weeks game was a 7 point game on a team that is rebuilding more than your team is. And as far as what you think about my opinions I really dont care because i'm entitled to give them on any subject.
not an argument......just a fact........quite obvious you dont understand rebuilding especially on a team that lost 22 seniors last year......

and just because you are entitled to give your opinion doesnt mean anyone will agree with it especially me.........and once again I will say u dont have a clue what the Tiger fans put stock in.......

User avatar
noles_fan
JV Backup
Posts: 1236
Joined: September 5th, 2010, 3:37 pm
Teams: them West Siders!!!
Location: The West Side
Contact:

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by noles_fan » September 15th, 2013, 10:23 pm

I know more about rebuilding than you my friend try being on a staff that only has 33 player and 12 of those are fresmen.

And eveeryone on here knows what Ironton fans put stock in....Half the posters from Ironton think the sun rises and sets on tank stadium. Do you really think beating a team by 7 is handling them. especially when it is a team that if had last years team you wouldve hung 70 on them. Supporting your team is one thing but dont try and make it sound like you just beat a playoff caliber team.

User avatar
Charley Hustle
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 4383
Joined: June 29th, 2008, 5:03 am
Location: In the Fuzzy Duck watching the barges.......

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by Charley Hustle » September 15th, 2013, 10:38 pm

noles_fan wrote:I know more about rebuilding than you my friend try being on a staff that only has 33 player and 12 of those are fresmen.

And eveeryone on here knows what Ironton fans put stock in....Half the posters from Ironton think the sun rises and sets on tank stadium. Do you really think beating a team by 7 is handling them. especially when it is a team that if had last years team you wouldve hung 70 on them. Supporting your team is one thing but dont try and make it sound like you just beat a playoff caliber team.
Are u trying to convince me you are a brain just because you are on a staff..........."half the posters" is the funniest thing I have heard for a while..........

and by the way I am not an Ironton poster..... but I do have a lot of friends including coaches from Ironton and it is quite obvious you couldnt carry their jock strap........and dont let Tank stadium bug u.......it is on the LIst of HIstorical sites in the state of Ohio..........and relax a little because you spelling goes to he!! once your blood pressure goes up.........

it is Freshmen not fresmen......and it is everyone not eveeryone........glad to help u out Coach before you make yourself look like a complete idiot.......... :lol: :lol:

User avatar
local superstar
JV Backup
Posts: 1015
Joined: January 22nd, 2007, 4:56 pm

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by local superstar » September 15th, 2013, 10:59 pm

I feel you noles. One thing for sure Ironton uses the YOUNG card to extreme. A lot of teams have players that can't even drive starting varsity so that gets old. That said, good luck Ironton. Should be able to handle the YOUNG Ashland team just fine!

User avatar
noles_fan
JV Backup
Posts: 1236
Joined: September 5th, 2010, 3:37 pm
Teams: them West Siders!!!
Location: The West Side
Contact:

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by noles_fan » September 15th, 2013, 11:04 pm

Charley Hustle wrote:
noles_fan wrote:I know more about rebuilding than you my friend try being on a staff that only has 33 player and 12 of those are fresmen.

And eveeryone on here knows what Ironton fans put stock in....Half the posters from Ironton think the sun rises and sets on tank stadium. Do you really think beating a team by 7 is handling them. especially when it is a team that if had last years team you wouldve hung 70 on them. Supporting your team is one thing but dont try and make it sound like you just beat a playoff caliber team.
Are u trying to convince me you are a brain just because you are on a staff..........."half the posters" is the funniest thing I have heard for a while..........

and by the way I am not an Ironton poster..... but I do have a lot of friends including coaches from Ironton and it is quite obvious you couldnt carry their jock strap........and dont let Tank stadium bug u.......it is on the LIst of HIstorical sites in the state of Ohio..........and relax a little because you spelling goes to he!! once your blood pressure goes up.........

it is Freshmen not fresmen......and it is everyone not eveeryone........glad to help u out Coach before you make yourself look like a complete idiot.......... :lol: :lol:
You are so funny, :lol: :lol: You have to become the Grammar police because you didnt have any other defense. By the way it is you not u. For your information you just made yourself a Ironton poster by posting on this thread supporting them. But I guess that is to hard of a concept for you to grasp. I could show you a bunch of rocks in a mud hole that is on the List of historical sites. And you should worry about your own blood pressure since it looks like you are having a hard time letting up on the shift key "LIst of HIstorical sites". See I can do that too.

I love how you avoided the football related part of my post. Typical of someone from Ironton. Just because you have friends that coach doesn't mean you know anything about the game. My advice is you should stay at the fuzzyduck eating wings.

User avatar
noles_fan
JV Backup
Posts: 1236
Joined: September 5th, 2010, 3:37 pm
Teams: them West Siders!!!
Location: The West Side
Contact:

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by noles_fan » September 15th, 2013, 11:09 pm

local superstar wrote:I feel you noles. One thing for sure Ironton uses the YOUNG card to extreme. A lot of teams have players that can't even drive starting varsity so that gets old. That said, good luck Ironton. Should be able to handle the YOUNG Ashland team just fine!
This is the 4th week we are almost half way through the season. They have Varsity games under their belts now, its time to put that card away until next year. And they do have a shot against Ashland.

User avatar
juke boxer
Freshman Backup
Posts: 269
Joined: August 1st, 2005, 12:13 pm
Location: R.I.P Popster, we'll miss you !!

Re: WK4: (2-1) Ironton @ (2-2) Ashland KY

Post by juke boxer » September 15th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Hard to understand any coach from any staff would be on here bashing other programs. Wow

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests