2008 SEOAL MEET

5kdude
Varsity

2008 SEOAL MEET

Post by 5kdude »

WITH TYLER GONE NEXT YEAR WHO IS GOING TO MIN THE MEET AND THE LEAGE???

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

Marietta and Warren will finish 1 - 2 again, not sure which order.

Wieferich will win the league.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

runhallerun wrote:Marietta and Warren will finish 1 - 2 again, not sure which order.

Wieferich will win the league.

why is warren going to lose for next year. i know that they will not have tyler for next year. wieferich should win by alot next year. is nick wilson this year?

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

Warren Loses Cantley and Wilson - big losses - no doubt! But the cupboard is not bare - Richards, Roush, Harlow, Cantley will be very solid - and some younger runners should step up and be solid contributers.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

runhallerun wrote:Warren Loses Cantley and Wilson - big losses - no doubt! But the cupboard is not bare - Richards, Roush, Harlow, Cantley will be very solid - and some younger runners should step up and be solid contributers.

i hope that both of them will go to college and do good there to. what is the other schools going to be losing?

sig
Waterboy

Post by sig »

Sorry

5kdude
Varsity

Re:

Post by 5kdude »

sig wrote:Sorry

warren is nereve going to be bad. there team is loaded with good runners. has there been a year wear they have not been good?

Bubblegumhuffy
Riding the Bench

Re: 2008 SEOAL MEET

Post by Bubblegumhuffy »

I hope to see Warren continue to have a good showing at the SEOAL meet. I hope that they can pull in a league championship every year, and i think after their state showing last year they want to be one of the best teams around. As for Tyler and Nick leaving, it really is sad to see these two great runners go, but it is time for new runners to step up, much as they did from the runners before them. I wish them both the bests in their future and i hope to see the Warriors running strong again this fall.

As for years when Warren has not been good, many of you prolly do not remember the mid-late 90s when Warren had a hard time with keeping a coach let alone doing good. Their recent increase in performance started in 2000 and they have proven to be one of the best in the southeast since, but its going to take a lot to keep Warren where they are right now.

warrengrappler/xcman
Riding the Bench

Post by warrengrappler/xcman »

warren should be in good shape again next year, harlow,richards, roush and cantley will be very strong. kettering and cochran are coming up from jr. high and will be battling for the fifth position.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Heard the SEOAL is in Portsmouth this year. Where do they run?

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

Now - The League meet is at Warren this year.

We will have the ditch filled w/ water - bring a change of clothes.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

We were just told at the State Meet that it was at Portsmouth on the 11th. Figures it's at Warren.......now we'll have to come yo your invite which means we'll have to run your lovely course twice. You're a funny man RHR.......no change of clothes needed this year....my kids grew about a foot.....maybe they can hurdle the ditches this year!

MagicRat
Waterboy

Post by MagicRat »

SEOAL meet is now scheduled to be at Portsmouth this fall.

Due to some miscommunication, the Warren coach was told in November that Warren was hosting in 2008 and he planned everything and had all the arrangements made, race numbers donated, officials, scoring personnel, webpage with a virtual course tour, and so forth. However, in the last few days it has been changed/scheduled to be at Portsmouth. The new coach and new AD are accepting Portsmouth's turn in the rotation to host.

No word on where the meet will be held. Perhaps on the course Shawnee State uses at the park?

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

Now - I stand corrected!

Those fleet footed young ladies should still come over to Warren for the Scenic Hills Invite.

MagicRat
Waterboy

Post by MagicRat »

RHR -

this just changed within the past 24 hours...there was an AD meeting today, so it may change again within the next 24 hours...!

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

I think Shawnee State is holding an Invite for High School and Colleges on Friday Sept 5th at some park. Maybe Portsmouth uses this park?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Prob Earl Thomas Conley Park In West Portsmouth.

MagicRat
Waterboy

Post by MagicRat »

Good morning folks -

Update from the SEOAL AD/Principals Meeting from yesterday...

Portsmouth has declined to host - the meet is now back at Warren.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

That is great news!

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Any teams have tentative schedules for this year? FYI, for any teams that have come to the Gallia Invite for the past several years.........they are NOT having that meet this year. Runhallerun, looks like I will not see your fleet-footed youngsters until the league meet.

Return to “Cross Country”