SOC Predictions

SOC_Track_Fan
Waterboy

SOC Predictions

Post by SOC_Track_Fan »

Who does everyone think will be tough this year? Teams and individuals

Burg and South Webster are always tough. What individual runners look to dominate this year? Both boys and girls.

Can't wait to watch some good races this year!

Burg Track and CC Fan
Riding the Bench

Re: SOC Predictions

Post by Burg Track and CC Fan »

Returning finishers from 2007 are: Kamler of ND finished 2nd last year, Adam Parlin of Burg finished 5th, Jordan Selbee of Eastern finished 6th and Derek Massie of Burg was 7th, Jordan strickland of Oak Hill was 8th and Brandon Brown of waverly was 9th.

HellOnWaffles
Waterboy

Post by HellOnWaffles »

Oak Hill has a team that could possibly pose a threat this year.

wolley07
Riding the Bench

Post by wolley07 »

I think Oak Hill has a shot this year, because they have three top guys who can run consistent and they seem to want it. They have a couple of Freshmen that need to pick it up but they will give them enough stability to give them a good standing this year to win the SOC.

Any other thoughts?

wolley07
Riding the Bench

Post by wolley07 »

Any word on South Webster? I have only seen their team once, and know they are in a rebuilding year, and a coach change with the retiring of John Grimm, but Conley is able to teach these boys so what are some times that they have?

The SQUEAK
Waterboy

Post by The SQUEAK »

check out the shawnee invite topic wolley07

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by CoachClaytor »

Kamler looks really good right now as he won the Western Invite this past yesterday. If my memory serves me right, Selbee finished second. As a team, Wheelershurg won the meet, looking very impressive.

Track07
Riding the Bench

Post by Track07 »

Do you have the full results from Western?

Burg Track and CC Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Track and CC Fan »

The meet was scored by hand, so it may take some time before the full results are available.

Kammler won, the boys race. Selbee was second. Wheelersburg's finsihers were: Massie 3rd in 18:26, Parlin 4th in 18:30, Lemons 5th in 18:55, Miller 12th in 19:56, Allen 17th in 20:53.

Wheelersburg finished first in both the boys and girls team races. West Union was 2nd in the boys race on the 6th place tiebreaker.

The course was challenging, it was run at their new school.

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

Now that we are well into the year, who is standing out and indvidual wise and team wise?

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by cross_country_xc »

Burg Track and CC Fan wrote:The meet was scored by hand, so it may take some time before the full results are available.

Kammler won, the boys race. Selbee was second. Wheelersburg's finsihers were: Massie 3rd in 18:26, Parlin 4th in 18:30, Lemons 5th in 18:55, Miller 12th in 19:56, Allen 17th in 20:53.

Wheelersburg finished first in both the boys and girls team races. West Union was 2nd in the boys race on the 6th place tiebreaker.

The course was challenging, it was run at their new school.

Does anyone have jordan selbee's time or Kammler time? ...... :?:

track-crosscountry
Waterboy

Post by track-crosscountry »

kammlers times have been awesome this year.
at southeastern he ran 17:03 with no one that could push him
and at pickerington he won the open race with a 17:26 with no one close to him
and at the bear run he ran an amazing 16:26
he should be able to keep up with the kid from that won the rio race easily

uhs_coach
Waterboy

Post by uhs_coach »

at Shawnee he ran 16:36...I wouldn't normally know but I got the chance to run with him. great kid.

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by CoachClaytor »

The SOC meet should be very competitive. Based on simply looking at the Rio Invite, SOC Runners did a very nice job.

In the B race, Wheelersburg had 4 runners in the top 20. Western had 2 runners in the top 20. Webster had 1. And Waverly had 2 in the tops twenty.

So in that B race, out of the top 20 racers, 9 were from the SOC. So the league meet should be very interesting.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

A 16:36 is a great run I hope Kammler is considering running in college.

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

Post by Thatotherguy »

SErunner wrote:A 16:36 is a great run I hope Kammler is considering running in college.

Not taking anything away form Kamler but I heard that the results at Shawnee were mess up. I have seen him run he is not a 16:36 guy. As for his other results they are correct and he is doing well this season.

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

How did the S.O.C. runners look at Piketon today? I heard this was a pretty big meet.

Also, now that the league meet is just around the corner, whats the predictions for top finishers? I say Kammler, Selbee, Parlin, *,Wiseman, and Massie-any other thoughts?

*A Wheelersburg kid, just can't remember his name.
Last edited by Can See All on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Thatotherguy wrote:
SErunner wrote:A 16:36 is a great run I hope Kammler is considering running in college.

Not taking anything away form Kamler but I heard that the results at Shawnee were mess up. I have seen him run he is not a 16:36 guy. As for his other results they are correct and he is doing well this season.

He did run a 16:36 at the Bear Run. This is indeed correct. I watched it.

track-crosscountry
Waterboy

Post by track-crosscountry »

the actual time he ran at shawnee was a 16:26 and saturday at piketon he ran a 16:43. I do believe he is a 16 minute runner.

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

Post by Thatotherguy »

track-crosscountry wrote:the actual time he ran at shawnee was a 16:26 and saturday at piketon he ran a 16:43. I do believe he is a 16 minute runner.

I do believe Piketon is one of fastest courses in Ohio up there with Tiffin. Shawnee has ZERO hills what so ever I know 17 guys who ran 16:30 there. Kamler ran 18 at Rio which is an average course. Unless he breaks 17 at state he is not a 16 guy in my book or Brandon Crislip's.

Return to “Cross Country”