RIO INV.

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

RIO INV.

Post by Thatotherguy »

The high school guys should be a good race. Brad Liston, the brag brothers, Jeremy Anderson and other talented individuals will be there. Hopefully Anderson has recovered from mono. Liston has been runing 16:20's lately.

SErunner
JV Team

Re: RIO INV.

Post by SErunner »

I guess that finishing behind Cantley and Wilson at districts last year means Liston will be the guy to beat this year.

Gallia Academy's girls will be there

rebel_gurl09
Riding the Bench

Post by rebel_gurl09 »

Good luck to the lone rebel runner! run hard, Jake! Ill be there supporting SGHS CC!

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Looking at the teams listed, I would say 1st-Liston, 2nd- A Ross. I think Unioto wins the boy's title. On the girl's side, A Dent and Adkins will battle it out again with Hurricane winning the team title and possibly Gallia coming in 2nd. So far, the rain has held off and the temp should be around 70. Go Blue.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Paxton is lucky to inherit a freshman as good as Galen was.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

SErunner wrote:Paxton is lucky to inherit a freshman as good as Galen was.

Not quite as good. But, someday maybe.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

4sporterEHS wrote:
SErunner wrote:Paxton is lucky to inherit a freshman as good as Galen was.

Not quite as good. But, someday maybe.

5 Adrian Ross 9 Unioto 17:06.8 (Circleville)
7 Dills, Galen Chill. Unioto 17:30.38 (district his freshman year)

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

The way I read it, and what it does mean is. . . AS GOOD AS GALEN WAS. It didn't say anything about Galen as a freshman. Adrian has not yet accomplished anything compared to Galen. . . .

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

Post by Thatotherguy »

4sporterEHS wrote:The way I read it, and what it does mean is. . . AS GOOD AS GALEN WAS. It didn't say anything about Galen as a freshman. Adrian has not yet accomplished anything compared to Galen. . . .

Also we don't know how good Adrain is going to get. Jr. High times are getting better and better B/C of training harder earlyer. When I was in Jr. high we didn't do anything a long run for us was 2miles. Now kids are running 40+ miles a week in Jr. High. I'm not doubting Adrian he could very well become better than Galen.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Yeah I agree with that. It's is just hard to predict this early. He could be better, there is always that chance.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

4sporterEHS wrote:Yeah I agree with that. It's is just hard to predict this early. He could be better, there is always that chance.

4sporterEHS wrote:The way I read it, and what it does mean is. . . AS GOOD AS GALEN WAS. It didn't say anything about Galen as a freshman. Adrian has not yet accomplished anything compared to Galen. . . .

And I will agree with you both

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

Post by Thatotherguy »

The girls race was crazy. Peyton ran a PR of 18:45 and 2nd place girl from hurricane Alex Dent was right behind her 18:55. Top 5 were under 20:00. On the guys side Liston ran away with it finishing in an Impressive 16:12. He very well could go under 16 at districts weather permiting. David Caldwell was 2nd in 16:29 Nathan Rees was 3rd in 16:55. Anderson ran 17:09 on his 1st race back thats pretty good after taking 2 weeks off from Mono. Hopefully he can pull it together and place at state.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Yeah, Adkins beat the winner of the girls COLLEGE race by 45 seconds. What a joke that race was. It is pretty bad when most girls high school races are faster than the college races.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

4sporterEHS wrote:Yeah, Adkins beat the winner of the girls COLLEGE race by 45 seconds. What a joke that race was. It is pretty bad when most girls high school races are faster than the college races.

i cant belive that she is only in 9th grade and ran that fast. do you think she willl be in the low 17s by the time she gets out of school???????

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That's typically not how girls work.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

A lot of girls run slower after their freshman, but I would guess that that isn't the case with girls trying to run at an elite level.

I think that Jordan Hasay consistently improved through high school

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Yeah, It's really hard to tell. Im not going to sit here and make predictions on how well Peyton will be in 3 years because, well, 3 years is a long way from now. But, I will say that she is well on her way to finish top 10 or top 5 in the State this year.
SErunner, your right, Jordan Hasay has improved throughout her career in high school. She will be real tough as she just committed to Stanford, a top distance program in Girls D1 Cross Country.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congrats to Jacob Watson from South Gallia on his strong finish saturday. :-D

uhs_coach
Waterboy

Post by uhs_coach »

Two things to clear up/add...

First Adrian Ross trained no more than 15-20 mpw as an 8th grader, so he COULD do quite well as he adapts to mileage. he is training less than 40 mpw right now and is actually doing less mileage than Galen did as a freshman. that is just an FYI since the perception seemed to be that he was possibly a "big mileage" kid. Both are great hard working kids and are quite talented, only time will tell with Adrian.

Second. Jordan Hasay was the footlocker champ as a FRESHMAN, a feat she has not repeated since getting beaten by two different girls the last two years, only to then come around and make the olympic trials after it looked like she MAY be fading a bit. Not that she is not an amazing athletes, but this reiterates the point about the uncertainty of prediction with young athletes. No less than five freshman have won footlocker and never done it again in the girls (and that is just off the top of my head). Can't recall that happening in boys...even with a sophomore or junior. Maybe someone with some time can look that up.

swet
Waterboy

Post by swet »

[/ cant belive that she is only in 9th grade and ran that fast. do you think she willl be in the low 17s by the time she gets out of school???????
4sporterEHS wrote:Yeah, Adkins beat the winner of the girls COLLEGE race by 45 seconds. What a joke that race was. It is pretty bad when most girls high school races are faster than the college races.

iquote]

She will have to be to win at the state level.

Return to “Cross Country”