TVC Wednesday!!!!!

Ken A_D_D
Waterboy

Re: TVC Wednesday!!!!!

Post by Ken A_D_D »

Coach K,

In regards to the history of the TVC that you posted earlier, yes Meigs girls did win in the year 2000. I believe that Ashley Thomas was the individual winner, but I will have to call her and confirm that. Let me get back to you.

As for the boys individual champ, I honestly don't remember. Meigs had graduated seven senior boys the year before and I probably wasn't paying much attention to that side of the meet in 2000, sadly enough.

Sorry, I'll try to do better next time.

leadfoot
Waterboy

Post by leadfoot »

Congratulations to Emily Skidmore of Alexander! What a nice accomplishment for a nice young lady! :122245

PushMePullYou
Freshman Team

Post by PushMePullYou »

Emily is one of my heros....

get serious
Riding the Bench

Post by get serious »

yeah...i know this is sort of a late post but i didnt know there was a CC forum...

But man what about that Seth Covert boy from NY getting 25th that day. I heard he is going to be the best of the best this track season...can't wait to see him perform next season.

unknown
Waterboy

Post by unknown »

that young man is a great athlete...best in the entire county I'd say...he's your TVC champ next season.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

bump

racinerebel
Riding the Bench

Post by racinerebel »

Heard Kyle Goode did really well this year. Anyone know how far he went?

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by cross_country_xc »

racinerebel wrote:Heard Kyle Goode did really well this year. Anyone know how far he went?

Well he did do well. He broke Southerns record. it's now 17:23. He won the TVC meet. Umm...he placed 9th at districts and he made it to reginals in XC. He placed 23 out of 127 runners i think. But he didn't too bad to be the first runner from Southern to make it to reginals in XC.

Ken A_D_D
Waterboy

Post by Ken A_D_D »

There's nothing like waiting a year-and-a-half to find stuff but that is pretty much the way my life works. Back in 2008, as you may have read on here, Coach K posted the TVC history on this thread. He was missing the results from 2000 and asked if I had them. Today, February 9, 2010, being a snow day and all, I had the opportunity to dig through some old results. And lo and behold, what do you think I found!? That's right, TVC results from the 2000 CC Meet. Better late than never, right? By the way, the source of these results was an article from the Athens Messenger, which did contain a couple of errors. However, I also had my own records which confirmed the following:

2000 TVC Boys Team Champ - Vinton County Vikings with a team score of 26.

2000 TVC Boys Individual Champ - Jacob Arnold of Waterford with a "then" course record time of 17:59. This was his second year as champ.

2000 TVC Girls Team Champ - Meigs Marauders with a team score of 22.

2000 TVC Girls Individual Champ - Ashley Thomas of Meigs for the third year in a row. Her time of 22:43 was the best that she ever run at the TVC. At the time, I think most people in the TVC thought that it would be the best that we would see in a while. How much better has girls competition gotten in the past nine years? Wow!

coach k
Freshman Team

Post by coach k »

Ken A_D_D,

You are the "real" Coach K. If I could only be as awsome as you!

Could you copy the meet results for me?
I have the complete results for every year dating back to 1990, except 2000.

Return to “Cross Country”