Southeast Districts @ Rio Grande

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Southeast Districts @ Rio Grande

Post by Ironman92 »

All D2 and D3 runners will be runnning at Rio tomorrow. We were there in late Sept for the invitational and there was water shin high for portions of the race and 4-6 inches of slippery mud on much of the course. Runners were coming in and you couldn't even read their uniforms. Hopefully it's had enough chances to dry out a decent bit....but we had a lot of rain today and I fear after the first 2 races the course will be VERY difficult and by the late D2 races it could be silly muddy again...but hopefully I'm wrong.

With 8 SE D3 school getting out I bet 19:00-19:15 is the Top 16 cutoff...and they have the first 2 races of the day. I can see the D3 girls top 16 being around 23:30 for a cutoff.

Good Luck to everyone running at Rio tomorrow.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Southeast Districts @ Rio Grande

Post by Ironman92 »

Much to most everyone's surprise Rio Grande took out the hills on the course for the district races. The course was lengthened on the flat portion of the course and the hill was skipped on lap 1 and la 2...making it considerably easier....though the wind was quite intense for many of the races making it back to almost normal as far as times go.

I just about drilled the D3 cutoffs....race 1 was 19:01 and I think race 2 was 18:58. The D3 girls were a little quicker than expected as 22's were needed to advance individually.

Congrats to Jordan Selbee of Eastern Pike and Kody Wolfe of Southern for winning each D3 boy's race.

Kayla Cook dominated the girl's D3 race winning by a minute.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

I think that the girls races were at least 30 secs slow. Of course it would depend on what kind of runner you were.....whether you were a mudder or could run in very cold and windy conditions. The boys races were probably 20 secs slow. At least it wasn't as muddy as the Invite, but it was still muddy.

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

Ironton had a nice showing in the first D3 race. Top 5 runner finishing 3rd,4th,8th,9th, and 11th, winning the race by 20 points to the favored team from Paint Valley.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Congrats to North Adams Boys. I'm glad not having Purdin didnt keep them from Winning. Great effort from everyone.

Return to “Cross Country”