Logan XC Meet

team_xc
Riding the Bench

Logan XC Meet

Post by team_xc »

when is the logan xc meet this year? i need all info please.

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Re: Logan XC Meet

Post by Flatulence »

Good question! I have been informed that we are to have the meet at the new high school site - where I have no idea. We do not have the surface NOR the area. We would have to do a loop - de - loop course. Also, it would be difficult for anyone to watch. Besides, the surface is a danger to anyone racing - I am afraid of ankles and legs being broken. A farmer with land next to the school property had given us permission to use his land, BUT it, too, needs some work. At the past course I have had three men with tractors and a bulldozer for assistance. At the course around the school I will have NO assistance.

At our past site, though many liked to whine, cry, and bellyache about the 100 meter hill on the course, a person could stand at the starting line and watch all but about 300 yards of the race. The course was, basically, flat with a few rolling plains in there, and was visually quite a pleasing site. We had bathrooms and plenty of parking space. The lone entrance allowed for us to collect admission which allowed us to pay for our sport. In my mind, in spite of the hill, it is the best site for the course.

I plan to meet with some people next week and see whether we can postpone the inevitable change until we can get a course designed and established.

Greg Fraunfelter

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So what are you trying to say? lol

Rich Hoffman
Waterboy

Post by Rich Hoffman »

Why would they do that? You had a beautiful site for a course.

Reminds me of a time when I was coaching college and the college AD wanted me to have a repeated figure 8 course where runners would be dodging each other at the intersection point...

Amazing.

Rich Hoffman

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

I will know more after this Friday, June 10 as there is a scheduled meeting to discuss cross country and track and field.

G. Fraunfelter

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

The Logan Cross Country Chase will once again be at our usual site - for one more year. HOWEVER, the date has changed to October 7th - a Thursday evening.

Schedule:
4:30 p.m. - girls varsity
5:10 p.m. - boys varsity
5:45 p.m. - girls junior high
6:15 p.m. - boys junior high

We will give ONLY championship plaques to winning teams

Individual awards will include gold medals to the first seven, silver to the next seven, bronze to the next seven. Everyone will receive a ribbon and a "cross country is #1" sucker. The varsity championship coaches will also receive an award. Entry will be done via Baumspage. Also, invitations will be e-mailed via "My-OHSAA."

Entry fee: all four teams - $100.00
two teams - $60.00
individuals - $15.00

t-shirts will be on sale for $10.00 - this will be the last "I Survived Big Chief Hill" t-shirt because the new course will have no hills. Boring, I know, but orders are orders.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

well glad to see that it still has one more year. i dont understand why it cant be there after this year. i would have to say that it was the best place to run an xc meet, sad to see after this year it will be gone

Return to “Cross Country”