new numbers means new questions

jumphigh
Varsity

new numbers means new questions

Post by jumphigh »

Based on the numbers there will be 5 d1 teams from the southeast and 4 from the east. Does this mean that there will be a combined d1 district in division 1? like they do for track or will we be sent to columbus?

coach k
Freshman Team

Re: new numbers means new questions

Post by coach k »

jumphigh,

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the state would wise up and combine the SE, E, and send a few central teams to Rio for a district meet. Wishful thinking I'm sure.

wrcoach02
Riding the Bench

Post by wrcoach02 »

How long until we know District and Regional alignments would help with scheduling??

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

Now another fun number fact. The numbers keep going down in track and field as well as cross. It looks like the number drop in track averages about 20 kids every 2 years. If this holds true the d1 girls track number will be 288. This could be both good and bad wch would be the smallest d 1 school, but there would be 9 school in the southeast who would be d1. Does this mean the southeast would or could get their own district.

Runnersfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Runnersfan »

Jump High, could you please list the D1 schools for Cross in the SE and East? Also, what schools are potentionally (or definitely) D1 in track? Just curious. It would be awesome if the SE could have their own district. However, the fact that there are any D1 schools in the SE is ridiculous to me. OHSAA made the cutoff to low!

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

D1 cross country
Logan
Chillicothe
Marrietta
Hillsboro
Athens

East
Zanesville
Tri valley
New Philadelphia
Dover

These schools will all be d1 in cross

In track over the last few divisional break down it has dropped an average of 20 girls per 2 year cycle
308 was the previous cut point so I am projecting the cut point for the girls to be 288. This is just an assumption but here we go
East
Zanesville
Tri valley
New Philadelphia
Dover 288

South east
Logan
Chillicothe
Marrietta
Hillsboro
Athens
Jackson 297
Washington ch. 285
Circleville. 283
Sheridan 278

john
Waterboy

Post by john »

It's going to be a lot harder to get Athens back to state as a team.

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

The girl who placed at the state meet in high jump would have needed to jump 5'4 just to get to the state meet.

Athens is a talented well coached team but division 1 is a different world. When your school has 300 girls 9-11 to pull talent from and the columbus subburb schools have over 1000 it makes it a very different.

runfast
Riding the Bench

Post by runfast »

when will we know how district to regional will shape up and the number of qualifiers for each division?

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Personally I hope the cutoff is not 288 for track, I think the number will be 315 or so,. If Washington CH ends up D1 for Girls track it will be rough. If we are I blame that guy from Chillicothe Steve something lol!

Return to “Cross Country”