Districts 2015

runfast
Riding the Bench

Districts 2015

Post by runfast »

Anyone know how many teams per division will advance to Region?

Rio Grande still District and Pickerington Regional?

runfast
Riding the Bench

Re: Districts 2015

Post by runfast »

For the SE.. Marietta is listed in both Division 1 and 2 and Rock Hill is listed in both Division 2 and 3. I believe Marietta is division 2 this year and Rock Hill will be Division 3.

http://www.seodab.org/index.php/fall-sp ... ss-country

On a side note, combined enrollment strikes again in the sense that the SE d3 does not deserve to place 8 girls teams into regionals. The SE d3 had a whopping 10 girls teams compete at the district level last fall, but because of the number of boys teams who competed at the district level last fall in SE Ohio (which merits 8 qualifying teams), the girls get to ride their coattails thanks to combined enrollment.

coach k
Freshman Team

Post by coach k »

Here's a little history lesson...back in 2004 there were only five full d3 girls teams. As a result, the next two years saw the SE get one team and only four qualifiers out to the regional meet.

It has been a constant struggle for d3 teams (and even some d2 teams) in our area to field full xc teams on a consistent basis.

Personally, I am not a fan of the combined enrollment. It unjustly penalizes and rewards schools.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yep...been on both ends. I've seen only 1 team out and have seen 8.....4 always seems like the right number.

The year we only had 1 team they only advanced 4 runners if I remember correctly....then the next two years we combined with the east.

Return to “Cross Country”