SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

idk

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

Katie Krazy wrote:who will be the studs this year for logan.

i really dont know but i guess that we are going to have to find out. i think that shane myers will do really good this year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Only one stud and that would be Hoch-should take the discus and shot

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

noreply66 wrote:Only one stud and that would be Hoch-should take the discus and shot

i would have to agree on that one b/c he is going to have the recored in discus this year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

5K--do you think any freshman will step in right away?

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

noreply66 wrote:5K--do you think any freshman will step in right away?

we got a meeting on the 18th so i will see what he have but i think that kyle guess will be a good freshman. he is going to be doing the high jump but i dont know what else he is good at. i think he is good in the 400.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Whats the hurdlers name?--Cavine???

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

noreply66 wrote:Whats the hurdlers name?--Cavine???

i dont know if that is his name but i can find out. i really dont know much about who is going to be ruuning this year but i i will let you knew when i find out.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

5kdude wrote:
noreply66 wrote:Whats the hurdlers name?--Cavine???

i dont know if that is his name but i can find out. i really dont know much about who is going to be ruuning this year but i i will let you knew when i find out.
that kids name is dillen.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I found him----Dylan Cavinee---

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

noreply66 wrote:I found him----Dylan Cavinee---

that would be hime. there was another kid but i cant remeber what his name was but i guess he was pretty good to. it looks like that we mite me loaded this year in the hurdle evens.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Guess hurdles too---Right?

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Its important if a team wants to win smaller meets to have people in every event, hurdles, field events, relays, etc.

-I Am What I Am
Katie Krazy
Waterboy

Post by Katie Krazy »

we also have the s.e.o.a.l champ in hurdles coming back he is only a junior-seth sigler---also mccort will be better.

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

There is an organizational meeting for Logan's track and field program this next week - - both boys and girls - - and we will have a good idea who will be planning to come out and whether there will be any depth. There are indoor meets everywhere and I am sure the coaches will have information to share with those who wish to compete indoors. It is unserstood that conditioning for indoor track and field begins after the first of the year and that there is a meet at Ohio Northern on January 5th that a couple of athletes will attend. Also, understand there may be an indoor meet at Marietta the next week. The state indoor championship will be held the weekend of March 15th at Akron.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Try not to get get too many races in. Its not good for the legs to race 6 weeks in a row.

-I Am What I Am
5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

4sporterEHS wrote:Try not to get get too many races in. Its not good for the legs to race 6 weeks in a row.

why cant you run 6 weeks in a row. the more races the better you will be.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wonder how many CC run 6 weeks in a row

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

No, trust me. It is not a wise comment to say, the more races the better. This is because your legs will not be able to handle all the pounding. There is a lot of difference in training pace and distances then races. This is not AS true in track because of the shorter distance races, like the 800 or even 1600. But, if you are a 3200 meter runner, I would not run the 3200 meter race every week. Use the the 800 and mile as workouts to lead up to your 3200 meter race. This is the one thing I do not like about High School Track and Cross Country. Athletes at that level have meets and race 2 or even 3 times a week in some cases. In Cross Country they have a meet every week and some coaches shedule 2 meets. It might get monotenous to train for two weeks and have to wait all that time to race but it is worth it in the long run.

-I Am What I Am
Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

EHS, interesting point and I think you will find, like everything else, there are many different schools of thought on this. Dr. George Sheehan an Arthur Lydiard follower believed that training five days a week and racing one day a week was the best way to improve. Arthur Lydiard believed in building a huge base and working from that. Another school of thought is to not build a base and do only interval training in track and mixing the intervals from a 200 to a 1600. There are others who are on the threshold idea and others who will swear by heart monitors as a training technique. To be honest I do not believe there is a right way or a wrong way. I have had runners who can do high mileage and improve while others do not respond to such training. I have had runners who do well on only intervals and others who do not improve using intervals. I have had some who improve by running twice a week and others who could only race once every other week. However, I am in agreement that you can race the legs out of a dog. For ALL runners I believe that running more than two events every meet might be too much. I like to race sprinters in a sprint, a relay, and a field event if possible. For distance I like to see, maybe the 4x800 and another race, or 1600/800 double. Racing the 3200 once a week is enough. If a hurdler is not in a field event I like to see them race the two hurdle races and a relay. However, if shin splints become a problem then I will back them off as well as with sore feet. Sore feet can really cause problems!

Return to “Track & Field”