Boys OVC and SouthEastern Districts

TheClassic
Waterboy

Boys OVC and SouthEastern Districts

Post by TheClassic »

Anyone have any idea on how teams will be in both the OVC and District meets? I ran for South Point in the 80's and try to follow them. Who do they have back except for the Logan kid who won the state high jump?
Is it Fairland, Chesapeake, South Point or anyone else favored for the boys OVC title? What about districts, I know Wheelersburg is always strong and do Fairland and South Point have a shot? This is also the first time South Point has had a track, are they having an invitational this season?
When I ran at South Point, one year we ran on cinders the others were on blacktop. It will be interesting to see how Coach Smith does having a track for the first time in his 30 year career.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Drew Lynd is also back and he placed 2nd in both the high and long jump behind Logan. Garred is back in the discus. Don't know about any other placers that I can remember. I don't look for them to repeat. Last year's 8th grade didn't bring many kids up except for the Dickess boy, so I don't look for a freshman to contribute much. I don't think it will be five in a row. You never can tell though because with a new track they may have more kids come out. Jaad Smith will also be back to throw. He wasn't at SP last track season. Yes I also know they will be having quite a few home meets too. Most of the boys and girls opt for softball and baseball too bad they don't do both.

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

SP will continue to do well as long as coach smith is their coach he knows wat hes talking bout....Logan quit basketball to focus on track from what i understand our distance guys have been gettin after it runnin all over the village every day.....the dickess boy will most likely play baseball though hes very good at baseball so id say he'll go that way.....one freshman to watch will be tevin mitchell though.....the kid has wheels im tellin ya

SPHSsoftball5
Waterboy

Post by SPHSsoftball5 »

quay did quit! he quit a couple weeks before grades came out! and no kyle dickess will NOT run track! hell be on the baseball field, hed like to do both but unlike girls softball, you cant play baseball and run track ..

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

technically u can do both neither coach cares but with baseball games and track meets on the same nights its impossible....i was 99% positive kyle would choose baseball imo he should see quite a bit of varsity time with all the seniors we lost off of last years squad

SPHSsoftball5
Waterboy

Post by SPHSsoftball5 »

kyle is very much looking foward to baseball season, he asks everyday if someone will pass with him lol its kinda funny! baseball is his favorite sport outta the 3 he plays, so hopefully he does get a bit of playing time

SPHSsoftball5
Waterboy

Post by SPHSsoftball5 »

actually alot of people seem to believe he will get some playing time! hes faster than alot of people on the team and with all the seniors lost in 07 i dont see why not! i mean how many seniors are there this year? 2 beau and tyler? so he should get some playin time, probably outfield!

SPHSsoftball5
Waterboy

Re: Boys OVC and SouthEastern Districts

Post by SPHSsoftball5 »

looks as if he is getting quite a bit of playing time doesnt it?

Dickess, SP shut down Titans
By Jim Walker/Tribune Sports Editor

Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:38 AM EDT
SOUTH POINT — It could easily have been mistaken as a chemical spill at the South Point Pointers’ baseball field Tuesday when freshman Kyle Dickess went into a shutdown mode.

Dickess fashioned a two-hit shutout with some seventh inning help from Josh Esque as the Pointers shutdown the Portsmouth Notre Dame Titans 7-0 Tuesday.

Dickess went six innings allowing two hits and yielding two walks.

South Point got all the runs it needed in the second inning as the Pointers scored twice.

Beau Weed reached on an error, stole second base and score when Jacob Seagraves was safe on an error. Blake Meadows also reached on an error as Seagraves scored.

Seagraves cranked a two-run homer after Jordan Fletcher singled to put the Pointers up 4-0 in the third inning.

The lead went to 5-0 in the fifth inning.

Seagraves singled, moved to second on a passed ball, stole third and scored when Esque hit a sacrifice fly.

The Pointers got a pair of insurance runs in the sixth inning.

Stephen McClure walked to lead off the inning. Dickess walked and the runners moved up on a wild pitch. Fletcher grounded out as a run scored.

Tyler Smith walked and Dickess came home on a passed ball.

Seagraves was 2-for-3 as the Pointers managed just four hits.

Notre Dame 000 000 0 = 0 2 2

South Point 022 012 x = 7 4 4

Charlie Slack and Trey LaValley. Kyle Dickess, Josh Esque (7) and Stephen McClure. W-Dickess (2-BB, 2-H). L-Slack. HR-South Point: Jacob Seagraves. Hitting-Notre Dame: Noel 2-3. South Point: Jacob Seagraves 2-3, Blake Meadows 1-3, Jordan Fletcher 1-4.

Cookie
Freshman Team

Post by Cookie »

SPHSsoftball5 wrote:looks as if he is getting quite a bit of playing time doesnt it?

Dickess, SP shut down Titans
By Jim Walker/Tribune Sports Editor

Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:38 AM EDT
SOUTH POINT — It could easily have been mistaken as a chemical spill at the South Point Pointers’ baseball field Tuesday when freshman Kyle Dickess went into a shutdown mode.

Dickess fashioned a two-hit shutout with some seventh inning help from Josh Esque as the Pointers shutdown the Portsmouth Notre Dame Titans 7-0 Tuesday.

Dickess went six innings allowing two hits and yielding two walks.

South Point got all the runs it needed in the second inning as the Pointers scored twice.

Beau Weed reached on an error, stole second base and score when Jacob Seagraves was safe on an error. Blake Meadows also reached on an error as Seagraves scored.

Seagraves cranked a two-run homer after Jordan Fletcher singled to put the Pointers up 4-0 in the third inning.

The lead went to 5-0 in the fifth inning.

Seagraves singled, moved to second on a passed ball, stole third and scored when Esque hit a sacrifice fly.

The Pointers got a pair of insurance runs in the sixth inning.

Stephen McClure walked to lead off the inning. Dickess walked and the runners moved up on a wild pitch. Fletcher grounded out as a run scored.

Tyler Smith walked and Dickess came home on a passed ball.

Seagraves was 2-for-3 as the Pointers managed just four hits.

Notre Dame 000 000 0 = 0 2 2

South Point 022 012 x = 7 4 4

Charlie Slack and Trey LaValley. Kyle Dickess, Josh Esque (7) and Stephen McClure. W-Dickess (2-BB, 2-H). L-Slack. HR-South Point: Jacob Seagraves. Hitting-Notre Dame: Noel 2-3. South Point: Jacob Seagraves 2-3, Blake Meadows 1-3, Jordan Fletcher 1-4.

And this is important enough to post it on the track and field forum?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

must have click the wrong topic??????? :?: :?:

SPHSsoftball5
Waterboy

Post by SPHSsoftball5 »

yeah it was important enough to put it in the track and field forum when the topic was turned into baseball, and playing time (: ....

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Cookie, he/ she is just talking up about Kyle becasue he is family. Nothing wrong with getting off topic now and then! :oops: He is a great athlete and I wish he could also help out the track team as well. Why are all the meets and game usually on the same nights? It is the same way for softball too.

SPHSsoftball5
Waterboy

Post by SPHSsoftball5 »

thank you osumufan! yeah i also wish he could run track and play baseball but it would be wayy to hard! i was only proving a point when i posted the article. sorry

trojantrack90
Waterboy

Post by trojantrack90 »

I believe Burg is has a very good chance at winning th District. They are the most all around complete team I've seen in this area. Zach Link is in the 400m dash so far this year and it looks like he might have a shot at District; he finished second last year.
Last edited by trojantrack90 on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

trojantrack90 wrote:I believe Burg is has a very good chance at winning th District. They are the most all around complete team I've seen in this area. Zach Link is undefeated in the 400m dash so far this year and it looks like he might take the District; he finished second last year.

And

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

Does anyone know Zack's time on the 400?

Burg Track and CC Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Track and CC Fan »

Link was third at the Wheelersburg Invitational on Wed. the 16th. Gibson (F) won with 51.4, Fannin (WB) was second 52.2 and lind third with 52.7.

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

Looking forward to the OVC meet Friday. I hope it doesn't get rained out the Rock Hill!! Oh, and Dragons...GO BREAK SOME RECORDS!!!

Return to “Track & Field”