Did anyone take pictures at Byesville if so please read.

ALLBLUE
Waterboy

Did anyone take pictures at Byesville if so please read.

Post by ALLBLUE »

Gallia Academy was dq in the 4x 200, because a girl was wearing an earring, but the only girl wearing the earring was the block holder :122246 (our alternate). We need to prove that the girl with the earrings didn't even run the race. :aaaaa46
So if anyone has pictures of Brea Close in the 4x 200, (was the local newspaper there maybe we could look at his) Can anyone contact him or let us know how to contact him we need to take care of this ASAP!!!

Does anyone have a suggestion on how and if we can clear this up? We didn't know we were dq until we

arrived home. Is there a certain time limit
required. :?: They never threw the red flag :aaaaa26

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Re: Did anyone take pictures at Byesville if so please read.

Post by GAHSNOW »

They even announced Gallia as the winner.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

You guys are a threat to the big girls.Plus you are a Southeastern team.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

We heard the Gallia coach announced to the head judge during the stall when the young lady went down in the 4X200. I dont know of anyone taking pics, was drrabbit there?

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Yea, Coach Howell was called to the infield to tell him that Close was DQ'd in the 100H for a hairband around her wrist(which was true) and for earrings. When he came back to tell us, we didn't think anything of the earrings because we knew she had the hairband on and Coach Howell even made the comment, "It only takes one, the earrings doesn't matter". When I heard about the earrings, I ran to the start line, where Close was standing, and I told her what the official had told Coach Howell. She didn't have earrings on, she doesn't wear earrings because the holes in her ears have grown over. Her block holder however had double hoop earrings on (is our alternate and Brea's cousin who looks a little like her). We were never told that we were DQ'd in the 4x2. If we had been told this, a protest would have been filed. Do the officials really think that a girl who just got dq'd in the 100H for a wrist hairband on would run up to the tent to put double hoop earrings on.....run back down to the track for the next 4x2 race?? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!

run521
Waterboy

Post by run521 »

I'm not sure about pictures at the start line, but there was someone with a press pass at the 200 meter taking pictures during the relays.

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

Good luck. I've ran into a few situations over the years and I can tell you it is tough to get an official to admit they messed up and even tougher to get a change made. This is all for the kids and I hope it gets straightened out.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

How does someone go about filing an injunction?

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

I suppose I would start by calling the OHSAA office and ask for Mr. Neil. You could check the ohsaa.org website and get his number from there.

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

GREAT NEWS!!

Apparently the decision to DQ the 4x200 has been reversed...updated results on baumspage... http://www.baumspage.com/rtrack/2008/7/index.htm

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

I'm glad to hear the right thing was done in reversing it. I also hope the GAHS girls can bring home two more titles this year.

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

Post by Thatotherguy »

The smart thing to do is leave your earrings at home. ;-)

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

I really don't believe that anyone would "throw" anything. If there is a relay infraction the official should raise a yellow flag. There can be a violation in a race and a flag is not raised, and just because a flag is raised doesn't mean there will be a disqualification.

Based on season long practice, Clerks will tell runners about what is and is not acceptable clothing, etc. Simply because they do not at this level does not excuse the runner from illegal items or clothing.

It is not cause for disqualification by wearing earrings or other banned items to the start line or relay exchange area. The infraction occours by competing with those items. It seems there was a misunderstanding here and thankfully is was corrected. The Region Finals have been at Meadowbrook since 2002 and there have not been any serious problems. The officials there are amoung the very best in Ohio.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I am glad it got straightened because I was not able to make this meet or maybe I would have had pictures. I REALLY wish this meet was not four hours away. I just can't swing that eight hour drive unless I have a day off or at least is off work by noon. IF I had been there, there was a better than even chance I would have had the proof you needed...

And I work Saturday until noon so that is out also as was tonight at Pickerington--worked until 5:30. Darn work--anyone know how to get out of it? Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket! :lol: Make sure there is no jewelry on ANYONE tomorrow.

:aaaaa114

Return to “Track & Field”