Tri-Valley Conference League Meet

90buckeye
Varsity

Tri-Valley Conference League Meet

Post by 90buckeye »

The TVC league meet will be held at Nelsonville-York High School on Wednesday, May 13 and Friday, May 15. Start time each day is 4:30 p.m.

coach k
Freshman Team

Re: Tri-Valley Conference League Meet

Post by coach k »

Other than a little bit of rain, I thought the meet went well last year. Nelsonville has a very nice facility. I'm looking forward to this year's meet. It's only four short months away!

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

Nelsonville has an awesome track and the staff who runs their meet are great also. But the long jump pit is NOT LONG enough for the boys and the shot/discus area is waaaay too far from the track! Hope these two things can be improved before May 13th.

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

The long jump runway and pit was built per NFHS specs. The shot/discus area is temporary until the construction and renovation projects are complete (sometime in early 2011 we hope).

coach k
Freshman Team

Post by coach k »

I just noticed this, but what's the deal with the Wednesday/Friday league meet instead of the Tuesday/Thursday? What was the reason for the switch? It has been Tuesday/Thursday since the late 90's, I believe.

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

The primary reason for the move to Wednesday/Friday is that we could not find enough quality officials for the Tuesday/Thursday dates.

coach k
Freshman Team

Post by coach k »

Personally, as a coach, I like Friday night meets. I don't have to worry about the kids making it to school the next day. This setup makes for only one late night during the week.

I'm curious as to where all the quality officials were going to be on Tuesday and Thursday this year. Also how many officials did you have to hire last year?

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

As far as the long jump NFHS specs go, they only give the minimum width which is 9ft. and the minimum length which is 15ft.. An awesome male athlete can almost jump to the edge of the pit and onto the track.

meigs_62_189
Freshman Team

Post by meigs_62_189 »

how do you guys think that the throwing events will turn out this year.

cross_country_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by cross_country_xc »

Ok well what do you think the Field and running events will be like this year?????? Who do you think will stand out????

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Can Eastern boys repeat?

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

After watching the 1600, I think that Rhue will be the favorite for the distance races.

Return to “Track & Field”