A early Look at 2017 TVC

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

A early Look at 2017 TVC

Post by noreply66 »

Girls

Federal Hocking and Wellston look to be at the bottom of the TVC this year. With a lot of talent in the TVC it just might be hard for either one of these to score. Don't see anyone sticking out for either team.

Federal Hocking finished 9th and Wellston didn't score

11th and 12th could go to Southern and Trimble. Only see both scoring in less than four events and those will be in the bottom four. Just might be a tie here.

Southern finished in 10th one point ahead of Trimble. Miller came in at #13 a couple points a head of South Gallia

9th and 10th Belpre and the team across the river Wahama. I look for Belpre to score in more events but Wahama has a couple girls that can score big points. Look for Belpre to finish a head of Wahama with being able to score above the middle of the pack in two events. The rest of the events that Belpre scores in will equal out Wahama's points.

Belpre had a better team than predicted and finished at #7 and Wahama 12th

Waterford and Vinton Cty will take the 7th and 8th place. Both could score in 8 to 10 events. Vinton Cty could surprise me here with having some young talent coming up. With 8 places up for grabs in the 4x400 it just might come down to it between these two.

VC tied with Meigs for 5th and Waterford was 6th

Should be a battle for the 5th spot between Nelson/York and River Valley. Nelson/York has the better chance to score in more events but relays might hurt them. Both teams have some depth in a few events and it could determine which one scores the most in those events. Neither team can take a DQ in the events they should score in. I see NY taking the 5th spot.

RV took 8th and the Buckeyes 4th

The 3rd spot will go to Alexander or Meigs. Alexander lost more to graduation but it looks like they still have more depth. Both team could score in 14/15 events and each one has a couple of events where they could score big. I see Alexander taking the 3rd spot as long as they don't have some real bad results. If they do, this could come down to the 4x400.

Alexander was 3rd and Meigs tied for 5th

1st place will be the girls from Eastern and Athens. Athens should score in more events but Eastern has about 5 events where their depth will score a lot of points. I give Athens the edge in the relays and Eastern the edge in the field events. With the relays only able to have one finish per team and the field events can have two I give the edge to Eastern.

Picked against Athens again and came up short when combining the two conferences as they out scored Eastern by 26

I know there are two division running different events so when it is over I put the results together to determine how they will finish.

Boys

Last place will be either Miller or Wellston. Can't see either team placing in any more than 3 events. Will give Miller the edge to finish 14th and Wellston 15th.

Miller finished in the #13 spot as Wellston did not score

Vinton Cty should be in the 13th spot by themselves. If they can get things together I could see them jumping all the way to 9th and that would have some other teams fail bad. 4 or 5 events may bring them points.

VC just didn't get things going this season as I had them not scoring

9th thur 12th Federal Hocking, Wahama, Waterford and Trimble. These four will be so close together it will be hard to pick. I can see none of the four getting points in more than 6 events. Wahama might do the best in the relays but after that they will hardly place. Federal Hocking and Trimble should score in the most events of the four. If these four stay real close Wahama could pull it out in the 4x400 but I really see FH taking the 9th spot followed by Wahama,Trimble and Waterford.

Didn't have Wahama scoring, Waterford finished 12th, Trimble 10th and Federal Hocking 7th, Southern 11th

Alexander looks to be in the position to land in the 8th spot. Will not score in many events but those will get solid points.

Alexander had a good season and finished 5th

Belpre and Southern will battle for the 6th spot. Belpre should place in the most events but a few of those events will get lower half points. I seeing this going to the 4x400 with Belpre pulling it out.

Southern 11th and Belpre 6th

Eastern should take the 5th spot scoring in 8 to 10 events. Relays will hurt this team and keep them from pushing for the 4th spot.

eastern had a tough year and came in 8th

3rd and 4th will be River Valley and Meigs. Meigs might score in more events but those points will be a lot of 3s. Both teams will do well in the relays. Looks like River Valley should be well enough a head that the 4x400 will not matter.

Meigs 3rd and RV 4th...

Athens and the up and coming Buckeyes will fight it out. Athens will over all do better in the relays but the Buckeyes will equal that out in the field events. Both should score in no less than 15 events. I can see NY depth showing up in 5 events. When it is all over with I see Athens not beable to hold off the Buckeyes. NY wins by 10.

What looked like a NY championship fell by 3 points as Athens edge the Buckeyes

Picked against both Bulldog teams and it made my season finish at 7 and 7
Last edited by noreply66 on Sat May 20, 2017 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Quad_D
Waterboy

Re: A early Look at 2017 TVC

Post by Quad_D »

Too bad the TVC does not have the Meet of Champions so as to settle this issue on the track and in the field.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Thought the TVC had a Meet of Champions at one time.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Who won the hocking last year? Was wellston even close?

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

noreply66 wrote:
Wellston Ironman wrote:Who won the hocking last year? Was wellston even close?
Wellston is in the Ohio. Their boys finished tied for last 115 points back of Athens and the girls finished last 168 points back of Athens

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

predictions and how they finished

Return to “Track & Field”