SEOAL 2008

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

sorry, i though you were a wrestler. lol. :-D

chimpnurse
Waterboy

Post by chimpnurse »

Congrats to all the Athens Wrestlers. You beat them all inspite of the awful officiating and the antics of the Marietta Coach. The entire league tried to stack everything against you, but you did it! You won the league! You all need to really appreciate everything that Coach Kaiser has done for you and the wrestling program. See ya at Sectionals :-D

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

I wasn't able to make it, what did the Marietta Coach do?

maddog54
Riding the Bench

Post by maddog54 »

How exactly where things stack against Athens?
They had a full team in a tournament with only 7 teams and scoring done by placement points only, and only needing one win to place in most weight classes, making it easier to get points then a non full team.

mr.dude2010
Freshman Team

Post by mr.dude2010 »

dont forget athens did place 12 of 14 wrestlers, and the 2 who didnt place lost by 1 point in their qualifying match... the seeding was decently fair though, ill admit that, but how do you screw up the final score by 20 points?
Last edited by mr.dude2010 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

I doubt there was any conspiracy trying to prevent Athens from winning the SEOAL. They were the favorites coming in by a wide margin and they proved it on the mats. I for one was pulling for them. Congrats, represent the SEOAL well at the sectionals next week.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

dont tell me the athens people are going to start whining on here...
come on.. league tried to work against you...lol... pat yourselves on your back, as you should... but dont blow something up like you were the all might that needed to have the league work against you...
would i like to see how it would play out with bonus points.... sure...
chilli had 8 in the finals with mostly pins..
does ONLY awarding placement points favor the team with more kids... ABSOLUTELY...
but NO, chilli is not complaining.. hats off to athens for winning it... YOU DESERVED IT...

and no, the detty match wasnt 3-3
detty t-2 in the first 2-0 detty lead after one
gerren escape in the second.. 2-1 detty lead...
detty escape in the third.d detty 3-1 lead. detty t-2 with 20 seconds left for a 5-1 win

where is the argument??
dont cry over losing..
we arent and YOU SHOULDNT either...

Flint
Waterboy

Post by Flint »

chimpnurse,

schenk11, ask the question, I feel that if you are making accusations please follow up with the facts. I hold no allegiance Marietta but I was at the tournament and didn't see any thing out of the ordinary from any of the represented coaches. So saying I do not believe this is the place to do this kind of bashing unless the facts are there. I really do not believe we will get a response from chipnurse, because they cannot back up their accusations.

chimpnurse
Waterboy

Post by chimpnurse »

Flint,

I will respond and I was there and can back up the accusation. The Marietta Coach would call for score counts, but didn't go to the head table to voice his arrgument, he would ask the ref and while he was checking things out Marietta coach was on the middle of the mat giving his wrestler drinks and a rest. The coach is never suppose to step on the mat and he was eventually repremanded for this later in the day by one official. The correct way for a coach to check scoring is for the coach to put his hand up and he and the ref go to the head table. He was also confused about who had first choice in the match and would hold things up there too. Maybe he just needs to pay more attention to the matches. I was not, whining, ourboy's know how things went and I was simply praising them for a job well done in spite of things. I wasn't bashing any one.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

I talked to some coaches from other schools today and they said in the 112 match between Athens and Marietta, that Athens took down in the second period and Marietta's 112 said he was going to let him go. Under the new rule they started neutral with the point being awarded for the escape. The table was unaware of the new rule and assumed that Marietta chose neutral. The Athens coach thought Marietta must have chosen neutral since the point was not put on the scoreboard. Then the Marietta coaches were expecting the choice on the third since ATHENS chose down. That is why that was questioned. BTW the Marietta coach was apologized to by the referee for messing it up later.

Marietta's score keeper went to the table instead of the coach, which is perfectly acceptable.

chimpnurse
Waterboy

Post by chimpnurse »

That wasn't the only time that happened through out the day. But thanks for your in put. Now mayber everyone will be satisfied and go on to sectionals with no hard feelings. An oppinion is not bashing.

LoveSponge425
Waterboy

Post by LoveSponge425 »

chimpnurse,

You mean to tell us the Marietta Coach was giving his players a rest on purpose????? I think that is a good thing. Every kid wrestling needs a rest once in a while.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wouldn't the other wrestler be resting too?
Last edited by noreply66 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Post by athenswreslingmom »

Just wanted to tell Steven Mclaughlin (145lbs) you did a great job saturday coming in 1st at the seoal wonderful!!!!!! And all of athens team. (sorry i don't know what i was thinking when i said 160)
Last edited by athenswreslingmom on Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trimblemom
Freshman Team

Post by Trimblemom »

Congrats to Steven 145 Athens and the rest of the team great job guys

mr.dude2010
Freshman Team

Post by mr.dude2010 »

ok i take it back i just reread what ive been arguing and it sounds stupid
Last edited by mr.dude2010 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

lol.. detty didnt have control in the first period...lol... wow....officiating selectively bad...
hmmm.. so the refs sat back and thought, i am going to make a bad call in the 140 pound final match...and try to screw athens...
is that what happened?
but them decided that there were a few calls in the 145 pound final. that could go either way. again athens vs. chilli.. the calls for that match were going to go for athens as make up calls..
ummm..
no..
officials werefair across the board

anyways, do you think the lady that did the score messed it up on purpose????i know for a 100% fact that the chilli coach went to the score table to see if it was right
honest mistake that was promptly fixed..
if anything, it was a smack in chilli's face...
but the right thing was done so its fine

Return to “Wrestling”