Top Freshman this year in the Southeast

wch125
All State

Top Freshman this year in the Southeast

Post by wch125 »

Who are some of this years top freshman in the Southeast? I know there were many wrestling in the j.h. state championships. Lets get some talk going.

tsracer91
Freshman Team

Re: Top Freshman this year in the Southeast

Post by tsracer91 »

Travis Efaw should be pretty tough this year at 103 for Waterford. He has a good work ethic and great work out partners in Reed and Crock. Also Logan Smith, who has wrestled before, should make an impact for the wildcats.
Last edited by tsracer91 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warrengrappler/xcman
Riding the Bench

Post by warrengrappler/xcman »

Dustin Harlow from warren will have a very good season! he will be wrestling the 160 weight class. he is 6ft. tall and is very solid and strong. Set the warren jr. high record for fastest pin, most pins in a season and most wins in a season. he could very well be a district qualifier this seson if he works hard enough.

Eagle 10
Waterboy

Post by Eagle 10 »

warrengrappler/xcman wrote:Dustin Harlow from warren will have a very good season! he will be wrestling the 160 weight class. he is 6ft. tall and is very solid and strong. Set the warren jr. high record for fastest pin, most pins in a season and most wins in a season. he could very well be a district qualifier this seson if he works hard enough.

160 is one of the best weight classes. I just don't see it out of him yet. Yes he is a good wrestler but not quit there yet. I don't see very many moves or technique from him yet. Strength very much so! He is going to be facing wrestlers like Ahston Packard. High School is a far cry from Jr. High wrestling.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

So many freshmen find that high school is much tougher than jr high but they need to step up to meet the challenge. Tackett and Taylor for gallia should both do fine this year and get better as the season moves forward they have good practice pardners that don't cut them any slack good luck to all the incoming freshman this year in the seoal this is a good class of wrestler's from all schools. I am sure they all will leave there marks in the record books before they graduate

Meigs_53
Waterboy

Post by Meigs_53 »

Zach Sheets from Meigs was impressive last year in JH he had a 5-4 record i have seen this boy wrestle and his dad Todd Sheets was pretty good in his day i think Zach has a bright future ahead of him.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

hope he had more than 9 matches? see you guys on the 6th for meigs tournament what weight class does he wrestle?

Meigs_53
Waterboy

Post by Meigs_53 »

189 and cant wait to see ya of the 6th

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

Unknown Bobby and Jacob are good kids nothing special leave it at that. Please don't be on here trying to cause problem's for these kids.

unknown
Waterboy

Post by unknown »

Coach, sorry im not trying to cause any trouble ive just heard some good things about these kids. NYs freshman set the standard last year in the junior high in the south east.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

I have seen these nelsonville kids thru the years they are a good group. where is zack mayes? he was going to be a good one .

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

Zach is an 8th grader and will be very good also. He weighs about 150.

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

I am not sure who ranked these kids I copied this from another site. Numbers 33, 50 and 53 our pretty tough kids out of the southeast who should doe well.

TOP 15 FRESHMAN 2008-2009

Here are my Top 15 Incoming Freshmen: (note the anticipated High School in parentheses is just an educated guess not factual knowledge)

1. Felipe Martinez (Graham)
2. Huston Evans (Graham)
3. Nick Tavanello (Wadsworth)
4. Isaac Jordan (Graham)
5. John Dillon (Boardman)
6. Zach Dailey (Perry)
7. Nate Skonieczny (Walsh)
8. George DiCamillo (St. Ignatius)
9. Brent Fickel (Padua)
10. Kagan Squire (Wadsworth)
11. Brandon Walker (?from Middletown)
12. Kyle Warner (Claymont)
13. Jimmy Klosz (Holy Name)
14. Matt Van Curen (?from Newbury)
15. Nick Skonieczny (Walsh)
**With Ryan Taylor (Graham) and Kyle McIntyre (Franklin) not wrestling at Jr. High States this year, I don't know if they are going to be in 9th Grade next year or being held back. If going into high school I would put Taylor at #7 and McIntyre at #12 on this list.**

Here is how I would rank the rest of the class of 2012:
16. Mark Martin (St. Ed's)
17. Nathan Tomesello (Walsh)
18. Brocky Leidecker (Teays Valley)
19. Connor McMahon (Cuyahoga Falls)
20. Michael Baker (Hudson)
21. Mitch Newhouse (Perry)
22. Zavier Meeks (LIma Bath)
23. Riley Shaw (Washington Court House)
24. James Suvak (St. Eds)
25. Paul Snyder (Hillsboro)
26. Brian Brunner (?from North Olmsted)
27. Jake Martin (?from Maumee)
28. Mitch Baran (Brecksville)
29. Lucas Poyser (Louisville)
30. Chaz Gresham (?from Goshen)
31. Brent Wilkin(?from Willard)
32. Robby Klose (Warren Howland)
33. Tim Thomas (?from McConnelsville)
34. Brett Fortune (West Salem Northwestern)
35. Greg Kuhar (St. Eds)
36. Cody Thompson (Mansfield)
37. Kylee Knabe (Loveland)
38. Luke Langdon (Claymont)
39. Doug Mayes (Perry)
40. Jacob Bresciani (Coshocton)
41. Vince Picket (DeSales)
42. Matt Meadows (CVCA)
43. Garrett Linton (Rootstown)
44. Dylan Good (Brecksville)
45. Jacob Davis (?from North Ridgeville)
46. Geoff Toney (?from Middleburgh Heights)
47. Alex Moore (?from Cleveland)
48. Dustin Grier (Norwayne)
49. Chance Driscoll (?from Hilliard)
50. Dakota Hook ( Nelsonville-York)

Honorable Mention: Colton Martin (Fairless), Tyler Goudy (Troy Chrisitian), Thomas McLaughlin (Nelsonville-York), Aaron Warstler (Wadsworth), Michael Ratay (CVCA), Autin Marsico (Pickerington), Max Byrd (Cincinnati), Andrew Globke (Middletown), Zeb Beam (Waynedale), Steven Mohler (Kent), TJ Fox (Field), Colin Rininger (Medina Highland), Trent Johnson (Claymont), David Gray (Stow), Nino Majoy (Huron), Nathan Hoff (Solon), Jonathan Miller (Canton), Kent Ke rn (Toledo), Will Spangler (LaGrange), William Ward (Sandusky), Jarrod Daugherty (Uniontown Lake), Kyle Ferguson (Manchester)
Last edited by tric118 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

No 23 Riley Shaw WCH Southeast is pretty tough also Ryan Taylor from Graham is wrestling 103 he is a freshman.

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

WELL I COULD BEAT ALL OF YOU GUYS WITHOUT USING ANY OF MY GUNS BABY!!!!!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Mighty Mighty Devils wrote:So many freshmen find that high school is much tougher than jr high but they need to step up to meet the challenge. Tackett and Taylor for gallia should both do fine this year and get better as the season moves forward they have good practice pardners that don't cut them any slack good luck to all the incoming freshman this year in the seoal this is a good class of wrestler's from all schools. I am sure they all will leave there marks in the record books before they graduate

Mark my words Mighty Mighty Devils, Tackett will be a DQ and Taylor will at least be an alternate.

Flint
Waterboy

Post by Flint »

Justin Hasley from Marietta will defiantly be in this mix.

Bulldog Mom
Waterboy

Post by Bulldog Mom »

Tyler Jackson from Athens at 103...he was a strong junior high wrestler, but I don't know his record. He won first at Fairland and placed at DeSales so far this season. Very strong.

Seth Stalder is another freshman wrestling in a varsity spot for Athens. He too earned first place at Fairland...and he certainly comes from a good line of wrestlers. He has a brother, Ethan, on the team at 145 and a younger brother in junior high that went to state last year in a youth tournament circuit of some sort.

They will only get better under the coaching of Kaiser!

Return to “Wrestling”