Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post Reply
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19403
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by Orange and Brown » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Holy cow what a day!
Collin Yinger placed 5th
Donavon McCollaster placed 5th
Tyler Speelman placed 4th


COLT YINGER BRINGS IT HOME WINNING THE D3 160 POUND STATE TITLE FOR NELSONVILLE-YORK!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!!!!


The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

User avatar
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 262683
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Logan, Ohio

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by noreply66 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:36 pm

bunch of medals for the Buckeyes


Congrats
GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Steely Dan
SEOP
Posts: 3982
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:58 pm

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by Steely Dan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:35 pm

I watched Jay Edwards live feed of the match, it was great! Congratulations to Colt and the Buckeye wrestlers!
Doing someone else's Dirty Work....

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 7163
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by mattash » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Congrats

dawgbone
Waterboy
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:57 pm

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by dawgbone » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:06 am

Congrats Colt!

i83
Freshman Team
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:18 am

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by i83 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:05 am

Congrats to Colin and the other my young men

User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17215
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:58 am

Congrats to Colt Yinger and the Buckeyes! What an Athlete! One good hard nosed f-ball player as well!

User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1344
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by BlizzardMan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:30 am

Wow! How many state champs have ever come out of our region? Quite the accomplishment, especially at 160! Toughest weight class in my opinion!

User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 17215
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:17 pm

BlizzardMan wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:30 am
Quite the accomplishment, especially at 160! Toughest weight class in my opinion!
Agree.

countywide35
All Conference
Posts: 741
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by countywide35 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:11 pm

always good to hear great things happening to young athletes in SEO. Great job!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19403
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by Orange and Brown » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 pm

BlizzardMan wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:30 am
Wow! How many state champs have ever come out of our region? Quite the accomplishment, especially at 160! Toughest weight class in my opinion!
Nelsonville-York has 5
Matt Yinger was the 1st and Colt is the latest.
The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

JustusLeague
Riding the Bench
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by JustusLeague » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:08 pm

Orange and Brown wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 pm
BlizzardMan wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:30 am
Wow! How many state champs have ever come out of our region? Quite the accomplishment, especially at 160! Toughest weight class in my opinion!
Nelsonville-York has 5
Matt Yinger was the 1st and Colt is the latest.
Be really cool if Collin can get it next year...

tric118
All State
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:10 am

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by tric118 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 am

Thanks for the kind words guys. And yes it is Collins turn he lost to the champ this year 4-0 and the runner-up 2-0 so he is right there. Has to pick up his game a little this off season. Colt getting that title was a long time coming. My Buckeye team had a memorable season but there is more to come.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19403
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by Orange and Brown » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:39 am

JustusLeague wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:08 pm
Orange and Brown wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 pm
BlizzardMan wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:30 am
Wow! How many state champs have ever come out of our region? Quite the accomplishment, especially at 160! Toughest weight class in my opinion!
Nelsonville-York has 5
Matt Yinger was the 1st and Colt is the latest.
Be really cool if Collin can get it next year...
Gutsy works his tail off and is a great young man. I think he can do it.
The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

tomcat82
Freshman Team
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by tomcat82 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Very well deserved. That young man has worked hard. Congrats...

User avatar
1987chieftains
SEOPS H
Posts: 7237
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:25 pm
Location: IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by 1987chieftains » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:52 pm

congrats!!
AT THE RESERVATION

User avatar
cbolt
SEOP
Posts: 3095
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Deep in an engine block

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by cbolt » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Congrats! Can't wait to see this match on Spectrum TV

PowerLifitingNut
Waterboy
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:52 pm

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by PowerLifitingNut » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Orange and Brown wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 pm
BlizzardMan wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:30 am
Wow! How many state champs have ever come out of our region? Quite the accomplishment, especially at 160! Toughest weight class in my opinion!
Nelsonville-York has 5
Matt Yinger was the 1st and Colt is the latest.
Colt did his prep for this title last year. Hard worker and well deserved.

And yes, we've heard about that 1st one for NY many times. :lol:

User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1344
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by BlizzardMan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:53 pm

PowerLifitingNut wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:06 pm
Orange and Brown wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 pm
BlizzardMan wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:30 am
Wow! How many state champs have ever come out of our region? Quite the accomplishment, especially at 160! Toughest weight class in my opinion!
Nelsonville-York has 5
Matt Yinger was the 1st and Colt is the latest.
Colt did his prep for this title last year. Hard worker and well deserved.

And yes, we've heard about that 1st one for NY many times. :lol:
Man. Cool story. Hopefully little brother can finish it off next year.

tric118
All State
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:10 am

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by tric118 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Colt prepared for this long before last year He was 3rd as a Sophomore and 2nd last year. As for me I could care less about my state title funny how many haters I have had over it makes me laugh I am just glad I was put in a situation to give back and now coach 4 state Champions it is about the kids and it doesn't happen over night. The Cool thing is I was able to wrestle live with Thomas and Dakota through high school and Colt up until 2017. Mays coming in 3 days a week this year and Tyler Speelman really helped have Colt be ready. now to get the lil guy and Donovan McCollister on top next year, to those who are genuine Thanks for the kind words. kinda cool to have a father son State title.

SE Ohio
Freshman Team
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:13 am

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by SE Ohio » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Southeast Ohio has had 18 state champs
Mark Davey Circleville 1972
Mike Linton Circleville 1980
Heath Eddleblute Warren 1989
Matt Yinger Nelsonville 1989
Matt McCoy Warren 1990
Jason Matson Miami Trace 1991
Eric Chevalier Belpre 1997
Drew Carpenter Sheridan 2010
Travis McIntosh Miami Trace 2011
Riley Shaw Washington CH 2011, 2012
Thomas McLaughlin Nelsonville 2012
Zach Mays Nelsonville 2012
Dakota Mays Nelsonville 2015
Matt Adams New Lex 2016
Nate Keaton Circleville 2017, 2018
Colt Yinger Nelsonville 2018

PowerLifitingNut
Waterboy
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:52 pm

Re: Congratulations Colt Yinger! D3 state Champion!

Post by PowerLifitingNut » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:37 pm

tric118 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:53 pm
Colt prepared for this long before last year He was 3rd as a Sophomore and 2nd last year. As for me I could care less about my state title funny how many haters I have had over it makes me laugh I am just glad I was put in a situation to give back and now coach 4 state Champions it is about the kids and it doesn't happen over night. The Cool thing is I was able to wrestle live with Thomas and Dakota through high school and Colt up until 2017. Mays coming in 3 days a week this year and Tyler Speelman really helped have Colt be ready. now to get the lil guy and Donovan McCollister on top next year, to those who are genuine Thanks for the kind words. kinda cool to have a father son State title.
Thin skin much? :mrgreen:

Tell us again about that first one. ;)

Post Reply