State Tournament Locals!

OICU812
Varsity

State Tournament Locals!

Post by OICU812 »

Individuals that finished in the overall top 40 in their division!

Division 3:
14th - Aaron Wood - Junior - Fisher Catholic

Division 2:
15th - Caleb Herd - Senior - Fairfield Union
27th - Devin Munyan - Junior Fairfield Union

Local Team Finishes:

Division 2:
11th - Fairfield Union
12th - New Lexington

Sorry if I missed anyone, Division 1 later this week!

chiefs
Varsity

Re: State Tournament Locals!

Post by chiefs »

Chieftain2009 wrote:Individuals that finished in the overall top 40 in their division!

Division 3:
14th - Aaron Wood - Junior - Fisher Catholic

Division 2:
15th - Caleb Herd - Senior - Fairfield Union
27th - Devin Munyan - Junior Fairfield Union

Local Team Finishes:

Division 2:
11th - Fairfield Union
12th - New Lexington

Sorry if I missed anyone, Division 1 later this week!
Fairfield Union has a great program and they'll be a force again next year. New Lex had a good year as well.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

I believe Hurd is graduating correct? That will make it a little tougher for them. I believe Fisher Catholic will be the best returning team, with their whole starting 5 returning correct?

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Chieftain2009 wrote:I believe Hurd is graduating correct? That will make it a little tougher for them. I believe Fisher Catholic will be the best returning team, with their whole starting 5 returning correct?
Yeah, but I would still look for FU to bounce back next year.

Fisher should be very solid. All their boys return next year. I'll be interested to see if the younger Saffell plays or if he just commits to football. Aaron Wood will do very well next year, the kid is a great competitor and does everything to his hand to the most of his might. I guess the big question for him will be whether or not he qualifies higher at states' in golf or cross-country!

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

The FC Fan wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:I believe Hurd is graduating correct? That will make it a little tougher for them. I believe Fisher Catholic will be the best returning team, with their whole starting 5 returning correct?
Yeah, but I would still look for FU to bounce back next year.

Fisher should be very solid. All their boys return next year. I'll be interested to see if the younger Saffell plays or if he just commits to football. Aaron Wood will do very well next year, the kid is a great competitor and does everything to his hand to the most of his might. I guess the big question for him will be whether or not he qualifies higher at states' in golf or cross-country!
Aaron is an incredible athlete! I think his best bet is at XC! He is a very solid golfer and has had tremendous success. But he is one of the elite DIII XC runners in the state! Only time will tell.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Chieftain, what should we expect from FCA's golf team next year? I know the past couple years they haven't been bad, but I remember they went to the state tournament not long ago. They had some golfers this year who also joined the football team in the second half, and they have some good athletes. There's no doubt in my mind it'll be Fisher v. FCA fighting it out for the MSL crown next fall.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

There should be a ton of improvement for the FCA squad! Starting 5 this year were all sophomores and one junior! Isaac Naayers, possibly the best athlete in the school is the one that played football after golf was over. He also plays basketball, and is one of the fastest sprinters in track in this area. It will definitely be a dog fight between FC & FCA for the MSL-Cardinal, nobody else will be close.

Return to “Golf”