Sky Caddie

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Sky Caddie

Post by Raiderball »

Thinking about buying one. What's your opinions?

GAHS7462
All Conference

Re: Sky Caddie

Post by GAHS7462 »

I just use my range finder that I deer hunt with. Works perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Make sure that the course(s) you play have downloads for the SkyCaddie before you buy it.

I love mine, I play mostly at the Elks

I had a problem with mine not showing the correct yardage and jumping to the next hole. I took the battery out for a couple hours and it reprogrammed itself.

If you play alot, buy one and you will not regret it. I dont go to the course without it.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... have the GolfLogix GPS8 ... great purchase - I coach HS golf ... have all of the high school courses we play loaded on the unit, including Sectional/District, State courses ... gives yardage to hazards, key points (ie. doglegs), yardage to frt/middle/back of greens ... will be able to give my golfers "yardage booklets" for the various courses ...

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

What kind of price are you paying for this tech????????????????????

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... for the GolfLogix GPS it was $299 , plus $29.95 for a one years subscription for unlimited downloads of over 18,000 courses across the US ...

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Got my sky caddie the end of May. Would feel lost without it now. Great for out of town trips.

Got the SG4 for $275... got a great deal on it. Regularly sells for $349. I believe the subscription for downloads is $49.95 per year for US courses.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Raiderball ... good to run into you at the match at Jackson yesterday - the Skycaddie or the GolfLoxic are half the "toolkit" ... they both give the golfer the needed information to hit the right club BUT the "right club" is the key - for our high school kids most do not know what distances they hit each club in the air THAT'S where the second half of the formula comes in - got to pick up a laser so you can let the kids see exactly how far they hit each club in the air ... now they can "realistically" stand up over the ball with confidence in the yardage needed to be hit AND the club in their bag that will in fact give them that yardage ...

... best of luck the rest of the year ... let us know the information about the Spring middle school "get togethers" - Coach Helber and I are interested in keeping our youngin's playing as soon as possible beginning in the Spring right on through the summer months ...

Return to “Golf”