Update on Nathan Kerns at State Tourney

Rhiannon
All Conference

Update on Nathan Kerns at State Tourney

Post by Rhiannon »

Just got a call from my husband that Nathan finished 6 over today with a 77. When he called not all of the scores were in yet but with the scores that were in, Nathan was in 4th place. There was a score of 73, 75, and 76. That is all I know for now.

Sounds like Nathan had a good day. Hope he has an even better one tomorrow. I know that several of his teammates made the trip today to cheer him on.

ItownHosscat
S

Re: Update on Nathan Kerns at State Tourney

Post by ItownHosscat »

Thats awesome!

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Just got off the phone with Nathan's mom and he did finish 4th overall for the day. He is in 2nd place out of the 12 who went as individuals not part of a team.

Great job Nathan!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Good start. Good luck tomorrow.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

The Scarlet course was TOUGH today about 7,100yards.

Good luck saturday Nate

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Any updates today?

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Sorry been out running around and could not post when the hubby called with the updates. Nathan was 9 over today with an 80. I do not know what place that puts him in cause the hubby had not found that out when he called. I will post that info when he calls back. I do know that the kid who played with him was either even or 1 over today and he had shot a 79 yesterday. Same kid Nathan played with up there last year.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Just talked to Nathan's mom and he finished 7th overall out of 72 golfers. He was named 2nd team All-Ohio. He had a 157 two day score. Way to go Nathan!

What a way to finish your high school career!

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

Congrats Nathan on a fine year.Good luck wherever you go to school.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Hey 7th is better than 8th!!!

Way to go Nate!!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Congrats to Nathan. Good finish to a fine high school career.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

congrats to Nathan......

golfmom
Waterboy

Post by golfmom »

Thank you so much for all of your support for Nathan!! Thanks to Rhiannon for the updates for I-town! We appreciate that. THanks to Jimmy Walker for coming to take pics. Also, thanks to the "golf dads" who made the trip up both days so Nate's teammates could be there. It meant alot to him to look over and see them there. I think Ironton had the most support there, including teams!! There definitely was not an individual there with as many "fans". HAHA!! All of us certainly appreciate you taking the time to show your support and love. A total of 42 people were there at some point over 2 days walking with us!! That ws awesome!! My Nanny Wills came to watch him come in on #18 (83 years old -can't walk the entire course) and she saw Nathan on a hole near the road coming in and said the only way she knew to look was all of the orange standing in a group!! :-D Now, to Nate...
He definitely has had an awesome h.s. golf career... We are certainly proud of him!!But, most importantly we are proud of his character and how he represents the community. He has been such a good Christian witness to so many people. That means more than any trophy b/c he has possibly touched many lives that he doesn't even know he has. Thank you to Nate for allowing us to share these moments with you!!!
The last round on Saturday was definitely an emotional one... not only b/c he struggled on a few holes, wasn't playing the golf we know he is capable of, having an uphill climb all day to gain back some shots, but also b/c of knowing that it was his last h.s. match. It is the ending of a great chapter in his life and the start of a new one. When we were walking up the 18th fairway yesterday, I began to cry. Madi asked why was I crying he had a good tee shot. I told her that all the memories of Nate playing golf from 3 years old was flashing in my memory at that time... To those of you who will be the Ironton "golfmoms" next year and years after it... enjoy it and get to as many matches as possible... it goes way too fast!!!! :( THANKS AGAIN to everyone. Please stay in touch and continue to join us at matches when Nathan begins college golf, if the matches are in the area!! We would love to have you all! ;-)

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Being a former golfer from Portsmouth West I have got to play with Nathan a couple times in high school matches and a few Tri-State tourneys. I am glad that I go to play with this fine golfer. He is a great golfer and a great guy to talk to, everytime I get the chance to talk to him I try to. I beat him one time at a match at Ironton Country Club when i was a sophmore and he was a freshman, now he is way out of my league. Good Luck to Nathan in where ever he chooses to play collegiate golf, cause collegiate golf is a very fun experience even if you play for a NAIA school, but I know he will be going bigger than a NAIA school. Hopefully we might get to play with each other in a college tourny, but I doubt that cause he will go bigger than a NAIA school.

So Good Luck Nathan from a former opponent from PWHS on where ever you choose to play at! Your capable of playing where ever you want to play. Great season and great 4 years of high school golf!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Nice posts by Golfmom and Cameron.............again, congrats to Nathan and that fine teacher he had........his dad.... :!:

Return to “Golf”