GAHS Blue Devil Golf Team Fundraiser

JChipwood
All Conference

GAHS Blue Devil Golf Team Fundraiser

Post by JChipwood »

The GAHS golf team is having a fundraiser tournament this Saturday, 6/25/11 at Cliffside Golf Club. Sign up is at 8:00 and shotgun start at 8:30. There will be a drawing for the 4th team member at 8:15 from alumni golfers and current players. 3 person teams are to enter or individuals can enter and be placed on a team. The tournament is a 9 hole scramble and a 9 hole "shamble". The shamble is played by all team members playing from the tee and choosing the best tee ball then all 4 players playing their own ball in until holed out and the best 2 scores will be counted. Last year's tournament was a success and a lot of fun! I haven't heard all details about this year but last year nearly everyone got a door prize and a 50/50 drawing was held as well as some good eats. Cost is $50 for Cliffside members and $60 for non-members. Come out and show support to the GAHS golf team.

Coach Corey Luce works very hard for and with these kids. My son played for him and from my experience he is a very good coach and an even better person (even though he roots for the team up north) that deserves community support. My understanding is that the money raised will be used for practice rounds and any equipment/apparel needed for the upcoming season. This season could be a very good season for the Blue.

Good luck this season to all area players and especially the Blue Devil linksters!

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: GAHS Blue Devil Golf Team Fundraiser

Post by jottings »

With Nick Saunders returning his senior year, will GAHS be one of the league favorites this fall? How many lettermen do the Blue Devils have returning. Season just around the corner.

Return to “Golf”