New Boston Glenwood Tigers

a_c_m
SEOPS H

New Boston Glenwood Tigers

Post by a_c_m »

From the Portsmouth Daily Times

Tennis

New Boston 5, Wheelersburg 0

New Boston opened the 2009 season with a win Monday night as the Tigers defeated Wheelersburg 5-0.

Robert Waugh, Michael Salisbury and Steven Russell swept the singles matches over Alex Provaznik, Erinn Proel and Parth Patel.

Russell's match with Patel was the only one to go to three sets, two of those decided in a tiebreaker.

New Boston's doubles teams of Brent Potter/Alex Williams and Miranda Litz/Dustin Moore each won in straight sets.

"It was just a good way to start our season, winning the first one 5-0," New Boston coach Mary Waugh said. "Everyone played well and I'm proud of every one of them. Some of them fought long, hard battles and just hung in there. Hopefuly as the season goes we can get stronger and we can keep continuing (this)."

The Tigers host Valley Tuesday.

New Boston 5, Wheelersburg 0

No. 1 singles — Robert Waugh (NB) def. Alex Provaznik (WB) 6-4, 6-2

No. 2 singles: — Michael Salisbury (NB) def. Erinn Proel (WB) 7-5, 6-4

No. 3 singles — Steven Russell (NB) def. Parth Patel (WB) 6-7 (7-4), 7-6 (8-6), 6-4

No. 1 doubles — Brent Potter / Alex Williams (NB) def. Ethan Fight / Andrew Jenkins (WB) 7-5, 6-4

No. 2 doubles — Miranda Litz / Dustin Moore (NB) def. Katie Provaznik / Kolin Hiles (WB) 6-0, 6-3

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: New Boston Glenwood Tigers

Post by a_c_m »

Monday, March 30 Wheelersburg Away 4:30 p.m. Won....5-0
Tuesday, March 31 Valley Home 4:30 p.m. Lost....2-3
Monday, April 6 Clay Home 4:30 p.m. Won... 4-1
Tuesday, April 7 Minford Away 4:30 p.m. Lost....0-5
Thursday, April 9 Notre Dame Home 4:30 p.m. Won...5-0
Monday, April 13 East Away 4:30 p.m. Won..5-0
Monday, April 20 Waverly Home 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 21 Clay Away 4:30 p.m. Won 5-0
Thursday, April 23 Notre Dame Away 4:30 p.m. Won..4-1
Monday, April 27 West Away 4:30 p.m. Lost..2-3
Tuesday, April 28 East Home 4:30 p.m. Won 5-0
Last edited by a_c_m on Mon May 11, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

3/31

Lucasville Valley Indians 3
New Boston Glenwood Tigers 2

No.1 singles.....Robert Waugh lost to Trent Burchett 6-4,6-4
No.2 singles.....Michael Salisbury lost to Alex Davis 6-1,6-0
No.3 singles.....Steven Russell defeated Cody Lewis 6-1,6-0
No.1 doubles....Alex Williams/Brent Potter defeated Kyle McPheters/Adam Buckler
6-3,6-1
No.2 doubles....Miranda Litz/Trey Branham lost to Trevor High/Jonathon ? 6-3,6-4

The Tigers are 1-1 with three matches coming up next week.

Monday, 4/6 Clay at home
Tuesday, 4/7 at Minford
Thursday, 4/9 Notre Dame at home

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

From The Portsmouth Daily Times...........

NEW BOSTON TENNIS SWEEPS EAST

The Tigers of New Boston swept East Monday in Sciotoville. Robert Waugh, Steven Russell and Miranda Litz all picked up straight-set victories. The doubles tandem of Alex Williams and Brent Potter won their match 6-1,6-1, while Trey Branham and Justin Moore won 6-0,6-0.

"Everybody played well,"New Boston coach Mary Waugh said. "It's been a while since we had a match. But it looks like they're back into it. The No. 3 singles with Miranda and Tina Timberlake was a good match with both players playing very well.

The Tigers will be back home Wednesday when they take on Clay.

No. 1 singles.........Robert Waugh defeated Chase Mault 6-0.6-1.
No. 2 singles.........Steven Russell defeated Alex Lindamood 6-1,6-3
No. 3 singles.........Miranda Litz defeated Tana Timberlake 6-2,6-1

No. 1 doubles.......Alex Williams and Brent Potter defeated Victor Calder and Jeremy Randolph 6-1,6-0
No. 2 doubles.......Trey Branham and Justin Moore defeated Dominique Stringer and Tabitha Timberlake 6-0,6-0

New Boston improves to 2-1 on the year and 1-0 in conference play.
Last edited by a_c_m on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

FROM THE PORTSMOUTH DAILY TIMES.........

New Boston Glenwood 5
Portsmouth Notre Dame 0

New Boston's three singles players picked up straight-set victories at home Tuesday night.
The top doubles teams of Alex Williams and Brent Potter and Miranda Litz and Justin Moore followed suit as the Tigers picked up the sweep.
"The kids are playing good tennis," New Boston coach Mary Waugh said. "It was a good match."

No. 1 singles .......Robert Waugh defeated Cam Stenenson 6-2,6-3.
No. 2 singles........Michael Salisbury defeated Erin Harris 6-3,6-0.
No. 3 singles........Stephen Russell defeated Alison Morton 6-0,6-0.
No. 1 doubles.......Alex Williams and Brent Potter defeated Matt Saab and Zachary Lewis 6-1,6-4.
No. 2 doubles.......Miranda Litz and Justine Moore defeated Daewon Song and Mary Hill 6-3,6-0.

The Tigers improve to 3-1 overall and 2-0 in league play.

Next week,New Boston hosts Waverly on Monday, travels over to Clay on Tuesday and down at Notre Dame on Thursday.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

FROM THE PORTSMOUTH DAILY TIMES...

Minford 5 New Boston 0

Minford completed a clean sweep of New Boston Wednesday afternoon. Tommy Hempilll took his match winning 6-1,6-1. Levi Lester also won his singles match 6-1,6-0.

No. 1 singles...........Tommy Hempill defeated Steven Russell 6-1,6-1.
No. 2 singles...........Levi Lester defeated Alex Williams 6-1,6-0.
No. 3 singles...........Shaz Malone defeated Trey Branham 6-1,6-3.
No. 1 doubles..........Noah Theil and Logan Conkey defeated Brent Potter and Robert Waugh 6-3,6-3.
No. 2 doubles..........Sam Williams and Craig Miller defeated Miranda Litz and Justin Moore 6-0,6-3.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Don't know how the match finished but R Waugh over Cameron Stevenson 6-2 and 6-4 . Tied 4-4 in the 2nd set , Waugh broke and held . Lots of good rallies --both players played well. MD

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Thanks ManitouDan for the post!

FROM THE PORTSMOUTH DAILY TIMES............

New Boston 4 Notre Dame 1

New Boston is 3-0 in the SOC I after defeating Notre Dame 4-1 at Mound Park.

"All three singles players played extremely well," New Boston coach Mary Waugh said. "Steven Russell played Erin Harris and she's very tough. I was glad to see him come back and get the last two sets. Trey Branham played a very smart set. Everyone played well."

New Boston hosts Clay today, 4/24.

No. 1 singles.........Robert Waugh defeated Cam Stevenson 6-2,6-4.
No. 2 singles.........Steven Russell defeated Erin Harris 3-6,6-2,6-3.
No. 3 singles..........Trey Branham defeated Patrick Welsh 6-2,6-2.
No. 1 doubles........Matt Saab and Zachary Lewis (ND) defeated Alex Williams and Brent Potter 5-7, 6-0,6-1.
No. 2 doubles........Miranda Litz and Justin Moore defeated Lauren Angelos and Dwan Song 6-0,6-2.

Record- New Boston 4-2, 3-0

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

FROM THE PORTSMOUTH DAILY TIMES

New Boston 4 Clay 1

Robert Waugh and Trey Branham served up bagels to their opponents on Friday as New Boton beat Clay 4-1.

No. 1 singles........Robert Waugh defeated AJ Keeton 6-0,6-0.
No. 2 singles........Steven Russell defeated Miles McCroskey 6-0,6-1.
No. 3 singles........Trey Branham defeated Tayler Carter 6-0, 6-0.
No. 1 doubles.......Alex Williams and Brent Potter defeated Drew White and Jon Valentine 6-3,6-2.
No. 2 doubles.......Jacob Harris and Linus Singer (Clay) defeated Daniel Water and Bentley Bledsoe 6-0,6-2.

(End of quote)

New Boston stands at 5-2 overall and 4-0 in league play.

The Tigers play at West on Monday and host East on Tuesday.

Congrats Tigers! Keep up the good work!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

West over New Boston 3-2 tonight.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

good win by Robert --he beat the guy from West that Cam Stevenson (ND ) had triple match point on ----and lost ! Ouch ! What grade is Robert in ?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

ManitouDan wrote:good win by Robert --he beat the guy from West that Cam Stevenson (ND ) had triple match point on ----and lost ! Ouch ! What grade is Robert in ?

Robert Waugh is a senior.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

FROM THE PORTSMOUTH DAILY TIMES........

West 3 New Boston 2

A No. 2 doubles victory by Andy Sparks and Tanner Journey gave the Senators a victory over New Boston Monday in West Portsmouth.

Journey and Sparks backed straight-set singles victories by Travis Perry and Bryan Rushford to clinch the match for West.

The New Boston No. 1 doubles tandem of Brent Potter and Alex Williams claimed a vicotry, as did No. 1 singles player Robert Waugh over West's Alex Cunningham.

I' m really pleased with (Cunningham's) play," West coach said, "He never gives up. If he loses the first set, he's in it the second time around. I'm getting excellent play out of him. The most exciting match to watch tonight was the No. 2 doubles match with Journey and Sparks. They're playing good tenis right now."

No. 1 singles Robert Waugh defeated Alex Cunningham.
No. 2 singles Travis Perry (W) defeated Steven Russell 6-2,6-0.
No. 3 singles Bryan Rushford (W) defeated Bentley Bledsoe 6-3,6-3.
No. 1 doubles Brent Potter and Alex Williams defeated Brittany Cox and Zach Johnson 6-4,6-1.
No. 2 doubles Tanner Journey and Andy Sparks defeated Justin Moore and Miranda Litz 6-1,6-3.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

From the Portsmouth Daily Times...

TIGERS, FALCONS STRONG IN TOURNEY

Minford's Hempill, New Boston's Waugh take singles championships

The top teams in the SOC 1 and II were the most represented in their respective division finals on the second day of the SOC Tennis Championships at Mound Park on Tuesday.

New Boston's Robert Waugh defeated teammate Steven Russell for the SOC I singles title while Notre Dame's tandem of Matt Saab and Zachary Lewis won the doubles crown over New Boston's Alex Williams and Brent Potter.

Minford's Tommy Hempill took home the singles championship in the SOC II while the Falcons doubles team of Logan Conkey and Noah Thiel will face Waverly's Peter Tyree and Jordan Brown for the title at a later date.

For the SOC leading Tigers, the all-New Boston final was unique.

"In the semifinals, both of them played a really nice match," New Boston coach Mary Waugh siad. "It was exciting to have that all New Boston final but it was tough
because we had two of our own players out there. We told them 'we're not coaching either one of you.' They've been friends since kindergarten and it was good to see them both make the finals."

Though Notre Dame's single players fell to New Boston in the semifinals, the doubles
tandem of Saab and Lewis turned the tables on the Tigers, winning the SOC I doubles title.

"I was very impressed with the way they played, " Notre Dame coach Maddie Rutman said. "They really started to mesh well as doubles partners at the end of the season. I'm really proud of them."

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/pa ... umn&open=&

New Boston wraps up SOC I tennis title
3 days ago | 189 views | 0 | 1 | | New Boston kept its perfect record in the SOC I intact with a 5-0 victory over Clay Thursday in New Boston.

With the victory, New Boston clinches the SOC I title.

"I'm just tickled for my kids to win it," New Boston coach Mary Waugh said. "They've all worked really hard this season and it's paid off in the end."

Steven Russell, Brent Potter and Alex Williams swept the singles matches for the Tigers. Potter defeated Clay’s Andrew White in the afternoon’s only three-set match.

Robert Waugh and Trey Branham picked up a straight-sets victory in the No. 1 doubles match while Miranda Litz and Bentley Bledsoe followed suit in the No. 2 doubles match.

"We switched the lineup a bit and put some doubles players up to singles to give some of our singles players a break with the tournament coming up," Waugh said. "I was glad to see Brent come back in the third set to win (his No. 2 doubles match)."

The Tigers wrap up conference play today when they host East.

No. 1 Steven Russell (NB) def. Jon Valentine (C) 6-4, 6-1

No. 2 singles Brent Potter (NB) def. Andrew White (C) 6-3, 1-6, 6-4

No. 3 singles Alex Williams (NB) def. Taylor Carter (C) 6-0, 6-2

No. 1 doubles Robert Waugh/Trey Branham (NB) def. Linus Singer/A.J. Keaton (C) 6-0, 6-0

No. 2 doubles Miranda Litz/Bentley Bledsoe (NB) def. Nick Harris/Myles McCroskey (C) 6-2, 6-0

New Boston 6-3, 5-0

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

FROM THE PORTSMOUTH DAILY TIMES

Tigers finish regular season with win

New Boston closed out its regular season Friday evening with a 5-0 victory over East. The win gives the Tigers a perfect 6-0 conference record as they close SOC I play and move on into the postseason.

"I was glad to see the kids finish the SOC I with a 6-0 record, "New Boston coach Mary Waugh said. "They just had a really god season, played hard and I'm proud of them. Hopefully we can carry all of that over into sectionals next week>"

Robert Waugh, Steven Russell and Miranda Litz each picked up straight-set singles victories for New Boston. Alex Williams and Brent Potter cruised to a 6-0, 6-0 win in the No. 1 doubles match.

The Tigrs will return to the courts Wednesday for sectional play. The singles matches will take place at Mound Park while the doubles matches will be played at Shawnee State University.

No. 1 singles Robert Waugh defeated Chase Mault(E) 6-2,6-0
No. 2 singles Steven Rusesell defeated Tana Timberlake (E) 6-1,6-1
No. 3 singles Miranda Litz defeated Jeremy Randolph (E) 6-0,6-1
No. 1 doubles Alex Williams and Brent Potter defeated Victor Coldiron and Dominique Stringer (E) 6-0,6-0
No. 2 doubles Travis Grant and Daniel Waters win by forfeit

Record - New Boston 7-3, 6-0

Return to “Tennis”