Andy Hall hired as new Jackson coach

sleepy floyd
Riding the Bench

Re: Andy Hall hired as new Jackson coach

Post by sleepy floyd »

AxNShield said he hated Valley and wanted to leave, didn't he leave to be with his dad at East? Andy left as Head Coach at Rock Hill to go to Valley as an assistant.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

I would guess that Andy still teaches at Valley.

where he must realllly hate it.

the fine folks at Lucasville will find this interesting :122246

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

This does not seem like a good hire to me for a program trying to rebuild. Coach Hall has been around a lot of places and who's to say that he will not leave Jackson if a better opportunity arises. He has no problem leaving a place after one season. Jackson is a program that should not hire a guy in the coaching profession for his own gain, but one who has a passion for Ironmen football. That is why Lutz and Boston Jr. have been so successful, they have passion for the programs they are coaching. Hall is a guy who is who is looking to climb up that latter any way he can. I mean no disrespect to Mr. Hall, but he is a guy who wants to expand his coaching resume at all costs. That is fine and good luck to him in doing so, but he would be a better fit at a program that is alreadfy in place and will have great teams for years, but not Jackson at a rebuilding time. I hope this works out, but I don't think it will because Coach Hall is not looking to stay at Jackson forever, he is looking for the greenest pasture available.

osubulldog
Waterboy

Post by osubulldog »

Why did Coach Hall quit coaching at Lucasville? :122245

He did not quit he was asked to drop off the staff, he refused and was not reccommended fore re-hire and as so he was non-renewed.
He may do well at Jackson as long as he stays healthy and has a good time keeper

sleepy floyd
Riding the Bench

Post by sleepy floyd »

Blizzard are you talking about Andy Or Larry or both? You would think they would stay committed to Jackson as long as they win. program has had a lot of success over the years not sure of what talent pool looks like for next few years maybe the AD don't expect them to stay long at Jackson either.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I was talking about Andy. Good points in your post. I have heard a very reliable source sayjust today that Jackson was looking for a transition guy because they have excellent talent down the road.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

Axe N Shield wrote:
redcoat wrote:
pmow3 wrote:Congrats to Andy! As a friend of Andy's, I want to say to the Jackson people that they got a man that will work his tail off to win. He is great at dealing with the players and I think the team will like his attitude and confidence. Give this man time and he will have a big winner there.
I don't know about this old feller he's taking up there with him. I can't believe Becky even puts up with him. :lol: :lol: But seriously, Larry will work hard to get the Ironmen in shape. These kids will love the Hall's and their personality.
I hope the fans give this man a chance to do some real good there. I know the kids will love the coaches, but fans will have to warm up to a guy who is not from Jackson. If you give Andy and Larry a chance, you will never see a staff work harder to win year around. I promise you that. Good luck Andy, I will be a fan of the Ironmen from here on out.
A little tip to Andy; you might want to get in good with Ironman02. Ironman02 is the guy who has the pull up there in Jackson. He is in tight with all the big wigs up there. :-D :lol: By the way, the yearly scrimmage with Wheelersburg in August ought to be fun to watch from here on out. :122246

What about the other assistant, is it Dunaway? or something like that??? I heard he was coming as well...........

Redcoat... Are you referring to a possible assistant that Andy or Larry will be bringing with them? If so, his name is Randy Duncan! Offensive Line coach? Portsmouth City Fireman.

That has to be the name, I remember the Fireman part. Would he be part of the team.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

Pavilion wrote:redcoat,

I was only kidding about your kid(s), but you are right I should not have said that. I was just trying to take up for the new Supt. I thought you were on him pretty hard and from what I have seen he seems to really be working hard. I know he is out and about in the district and the city. He goes to everything and seems to really support the kids, but maybe you know the guy on a different level than I do. All I know is what I see and that he is personable and doesn't act like he is too good to talk to us ( people in the community ). My daughter said she was in a restaurant last week with a couple of other kids and he just paid for their food for no reason. Of course they were pleased with that, but she was more impressed that he knew her name. But, you are entitled to your opinion of the guy. Again, I apologize for bringing your kids into it.

At least we seem to agree that this is a good hire for Jackson!
Anyone is better than the last Super that was here. My personal take on Howard is he doing a good job. As I said before, if I was a board member and my Super or AD was on this site giving out info to a bunch of goofs like us, we would have a talk. By the way, I think the Assassin is jealous!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

you guys wont let me play in your sandbox :aaaaa77

sent you a pm redcoat

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Redcoat has a point. But I wonder why after they decided to hire Coach Hall which sounds like a very good choice, why it was kept top secret. it is almost like they were trying to hide something or sneak something by the community. However, I think they did a good job with the search and chose a good candidate. Nothing to hide from there.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

well, well well....look who has a couple of good ole scioto county boys running the show :lol: :lol: .

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Question is will 2 dollar parking keep his scioto county friends from watching him :lol: Serious side, glad to have him. He will do great. Just need to give him time.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

ocho stinko wrote:Redcoat has a point. But I wonder why after they decided to hire Coach Hall which sounds like a very good choice, why it was kept top secret. it is almost like they were trying to hide something or sneak something by the community. However, I think they did a good job with the search and chose a good candidate. Nothing to hide from there.

I think the Hall's wanted to talk to the East team before word got out.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I guess especially since his dad was leaving and coming with him. Never thought of it from that point.

sleepy floyd
Riding the Bench

Post by sleepy floyd »

Did either Larry or Andy go to East and meet with the kids after the announcement?

osubulldog
Waterboy

Post by osubulldog »

I spoke to a employee at East today and they told me there was no meeting just one of the two went to the school and met with admin. Someone posted early give him time. I know there is a hidden funny behind that post. Don't give him an "excuse" :122246 :122246 :lol:

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

Jackson will have some big changes to their gameplay come the next football season Andy is adding alot of new things and other teams should be ready this isnt going to be the typical jackson ironmen team, they are going to be well improved....

Cosmo__Kramer
Waterboy

Post by Cosmo__Kramer »

Just checking in on this post. Was Andy really fired at Valley? Just curious as not very many assistants get fired. Does anybody have this answer? I have only heard good things about their coaches and program.

osubulldog
Waterboy

Post by osubulldog »

Cosmo__Kramer Post subject: Re: Andy Hall hired as new Jackson coachPosted: March 18th, 2009, 8:15 pm

Waterboy

Posts: 33 Just checking in on this post. Was Andy really fired at Valley? Just curious as not very many assistants get fired. Does anybody have this answer? I have only heard good things about their coaches and program.

Yes he was non-renewed, I beleive that is a matter of public record. You would be suprised what you could find in the public records in that district. :122246 :122246 :idea:

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

Wait and see folks, Jackson just injected itself with a big dose of poison!

On the outside all will look well, but on the inside it will be a different story.

Return to “Football”