D IV R15 Qtrs: Chesapeake (7-3) vs. St.Clairsville (9-1)

1darkhorse
Waterboy

Re: D IV R15 Qtrs: Chesapeake (7-3) vs. St.Clairsville (9-1)

Post by 1darkhorse »

Wow. Nobody expected peake to hang around and they proved that they had the heart to play 4 full quarters. Sad to see it end like that but you guys have absolutely nothing to hang your heads about. Congrats on a great season from lucasville

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

No cliche will make you feel better but so many apply to this group of kids. They nearly pulled off one of the biggest upsets ever in southern Ohio. They believed and played their butts off even after a heart breaking loss to Coal Grove, congrats on a great season from Rock Hill. Good luck to the seniors as they enter the next phase of their young lives. Props to Coach Clark and staff for giving a tremendous effort....

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Peake hung in there better than what I thought they would.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Sorry for the Peake's LOSS - but go right on insulting the Ironton Fighting Tigers - WE WON - but you found great fun in criticizing them and their supporters on an updates thread. Got your message!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

caglewis wrote:Sorry for the Peake's LOSS - but go right on insulting the Ironton Fighting Tigers - WE WON - but you found great fun in criticizing them and their supporters on an updates thread. Got your message!!
The updates thread was being commented on by peake, tk421 and myself about the fumbles. And, yes it would be a compliment to Ironton (per Peakes post to the update thread later) to think both Woody and Bo played the same type of games if you read the posts correctly . I predicted an Ironton victory also and have probably been to anywhere from 30 to 40 Ironton games over the years (regular season and playoffs) and have never lived within 110 miles of Ironton.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I'm still baffled over those "radio announcers" I honestly have never heard worse.

StCRedDevils
Riding the Bench

Post by StCRedDevils »

Congrats Peake on a well played game! Don't hang your heads..you played tough!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

great game panthers and congratulations on an amazing game. i was shocked watching updates at the tiger game. i really thought you all were going to pull it out. great season.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

caglewis,

No one insulted Ironton. I said this Ironton team has fumbled more then any Ironton team I can remember from the past 15 years or so I have been watching them play. Just an objective observation, not an insult. Then someone insulted another poster for saying Bo and Woody would be proud because Ironton and Amanda are 3-yards and a cloud of dust, only to have you come back and gripe about how difficult it is to sit on your computer and type out details from the radio----DURING HALFTIME!

What a class act to come over here and rub it in. If you could actually read you could see no one was actually insulting Ironton, just you and Leo Byrd.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

peake wrote:caglewis,

No one insulted Ironton. I said this Ironton team has fumbled more then any Ironton team I can remember from the past 15 years or so I have been watching them play. Just an objective observation, not an insult. Then someone insulted another poster for saying Bo and Woody would be proud because Ironton and Amanda are 3-yards and a cloud of dust, only to have you come back and gripe about how difficult it is to sit on your computer and type out details from the radio----DURING HALFTIME!

What a class act to come over here and rub it in. If you could actually read you could see no one was actually insulting Ironton, just you and Leo Byrd.
Thanks for the help, Peake. I hope we got our point across.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT YEAR CHESAPEAKE PANTHERS.

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

What a great year for the panthers and coaches, this game was a tough one but the coaches had a great game plan and the players executed it perfectly, we just fell a little short at the end to one of the best teams in the state. The St. Clairsville folks were very nice from helping us find the best place to eat to taking care our boys after the game with a post game meal, classy group of players, coaches and fans. Coach Clark was the right man for the job and I look for continued success from the peake.

Jmacz20
Waterboy

Post by Jmacz20 »

Congrats to Peake on a great game. very impressed with the way your team and fans conducted themselves with class.I know St. C.is looking for regular season games -week 1-3. I think a series between Chesapeake and St. C. would benefit both programs. Best wishes in the future.

Jmacz20
Waterboy

Post by Jmacz20 »

Congrats to the Peake on a fine season and a fine performance in playoff game at St. C.I was very impressed by the way your team and fans conducted themselves at St. Clairsville.St. C. has openings on the football schedule for next year-weeks 1-3. A series between the two schools would be very competitive and beneficial to both programs.Best wishs from a Red Devil fan.

st_c_dirkadirka
Waterboy

Post by st_c_dirkadirka »

Sorry about the radio announcers - they are probably homers to the 10th degree. I just wanted to let you know what a good group of kids, fans and coaches you guys have. We spoke with many fans who made the long trip up to St C and they were top notch.

We've been getting some grief up here on some of the chat boards, and I wanted people to understand that Peake wasn't a typical 8 seed. Here's what I wrote:

Here's a couple things to keep in mind when talking about how "badly" the Red Devils played on Saturday night:

1. Chesapeake was a pretty good 8 seed. Granted they lost @ Dawson Bryant in their rivalry game in week 10. But D/B was 7-3 and that game was winner take all for their conference on the road.

2. Chesapeake's style of play is exactly what you want to do vs St C. Run the ball, control the clock and don't turn it over. So right off the bat - this was a tough match up.

3. Peake has some pretty good athletes. They were a regional finalist in Hoops last year and have alot of those players on the football field. Their O line averaged around 240 across, and the QB was 6'5" and could run. Not too shabby.

4. Take a look at this 4 game stretch for Peake and tell me what team (other than maybe Steubenville) played 3 games in a row against regional semi finalists:

Chesapeake 2011
9/2 H Wayne (WV) (8-2) [3:0] W 14-8 WV Playoffs
9/9 A Symmes Valley (10-1) [6:23] W 20-3 Regional Semi Finalist
9/16 A Valley (11-0) [5:19] L 22-30 Regional Semi Finalist
9/23 H Portsmouth West (10-1) [5:19] L 7-21 Regional Semi Finalist

Congratulations on a great season, and best of luck moving forward.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Great post dirkadirka. Those are all very valid points, Peake has nothing to hang their head over, and St. C, they ran into a team whose style of play gave them problems. I'm originally from up towards your way so I know how some of the upper Ohio Valley people can be, complete knuckleheads! :lol:

Some folks on here would say the same about me...... :shock:

Good luck to your Red Devils this week, going to be a tough match up!

river86
Waterboy

Post by river86 »

I was at the game. I agree with drikadirka, Chesapeake was a very very good team. They were exactly the type of team St.C didnt want to face. With the offense that St.C has Chesapeake did a great job of keeping the ball out of their hands. Very easily could have won that game. Congratulations on a great year. Maybe see you again next year.

Return to “Football”