D VI R23 Qtrs: South Gallia (7-3) at Buckeye Central (8-2)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D VI R23 Qtrs: South Gallia (7-3) at Buckeye Central (8-

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Is it over?

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

43-0

Final

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote:This will be the biggest loss by a SEO team in the first round. Buckeye Central 42 - South Gallia 7
Buckeye Central 43- South Gallia 0 (I wasn't off by too much but I thought SG would score a touchdown. It's just a different level of ball up north, especially in DV and DVI).
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Ouch!!!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

FANOSPORTS wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:This will be the biggest loss by a SEO team in the first round. Buckeye Central 42 - South Gallia 7
Buckeye Central 43- South Gallia 0 (I wasn't off by too much but I thought SG would score a touchdown. It's just a different level of ball up north, especially in DV and DVI).
Thanks for the intellectual insight jackass.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Actually if you wanna be technical about it, most powerhouse D5-6 teams are from western Ohio, not northern.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

friday_nite_fan wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:
Thanks for the intellectual insight jackass.
Hey, let me just say this, it ain't rocket science. I have much respect for posters such as "mercerville monster" because he's a realist like myself. I'm not putting the TVC teams down but it's a flat out "DIFFERENT" type ball they play up north of I-70 in V & VI. Brutus, Rebelcat and yourself ought to give it a break and try to understand what's expected and what's realistic sometimes. People can call me names on here all they want but I won't bite back with slander. Have a great evening.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

I know how much better northern Ohio football is than here. Also western and central Ohio is a different animal. I've traveled to different parts of the state for regular season and playoffs plus been to numerous state finals including last years so I know SE Ohio is lagging behind. But you get on SG threads and act like a complete douchebag and then try giving the "being real" argument. I have not read one single post you have ever had where you have given SG any respect. Now that the Rebels season is over we won't have to worry about your trolling @ss anymore.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ohio football is the same all over you have the talent you can win if not then you don't.
S.G. went in without a key player and several others wasn't up to par on this team and with a school as small as they are it hurts.
You had a great season Rebels proud of you and all you did.
Let's see how the rest of the teams in SEO fare before we concede to the theory of everyone above the I is better than us ok.
Proud of all the teams that made the playoffs these kids play their hearts out so don't discount them as not being able to play with anyone.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

friday_nite_fan wrote:I know how much better northern Ohio football is than here. Also western and central Ohio is a different animal. I've traveled to different parts of the state for regular season and playoffs plus been to numerous state finals including last years so I know SE Ohio is lagging behind. But you get on SG threads and act like a complete douchebag and then try giving the "being real" argument. I have not read one single post you have ever had where you have given SG any respect. Now that the Rebels season is over we won't have to worry about your trolling @ss anymore.
Give it a break and when TVC teams get better, we can enjoy it together. (Do you think I'm happy they got blown out, hell no !!!!!)

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

But you put it in a way that is seems you relish that SEO teams get beat and beat bad.
Instead of saying you believe certain teams will get beat you but up a large spread of points.
These are young men enjoying a game that many of us never played and the ones that did miss it.
Just realize these young men are playing out their hearts and doing the best they can but when you post they will get blown out or say they will get beat by 40 points that isn't being a realist it's just being insulting to them and their proud parents.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

maniac66 wrote:But you put it in a way that is seems you relish that SEO teams get beat and beat bad.
Instead of saying you believe certain teams will get beat you but up a large spread of points.
These are young men enjoying a game that many of us never played and the ones that did miss it.
Just realize these young men are playing out their hearts and doing the best they can but when you post they will get blown out or say they will get beat by 40 points that isn't being a realist it's just being insulting to them and their proud parents.

West - N-Y, Trimble - S. Valley, Athens - Jackson, Beallsville - East, Ironton - Amanda were all SEO teams playing each other so I didn't relish the face that they had to beat each other. It just so happens that I thought this game (S.G. - B.C.) would be the biggest mismatch of the weekend. Valley and Peake were the only other two teams that played teams somewhat north and east of them but both those ended up being good games. I'm not trying to insult parents or kids, I'm just posting my guesses of what the scores will be, no more no less. There were a few other games this weekend where teams scored in the 60's and 70's on teams which is not good. Is that insulting to the team and fans or parents of the team that got beat ? It probably is (and I'm sure the two head coaches talked about it after the games) but I don't think any of those teams that lost by 50 or 60 will be affected for life because of a high school football game. I played in high school and sure you miss it after you're done but I don't think my teammates or parents ever felt insulted when another team beat our hind ends real good on the football field. It was a lesson learned and you then tried to get better and correct your mistakes before the next game and not dwell on it. On the same note, when you beat a team bad I would hope you can stay humble because there's always someone around the corner better than you in any facet of life. Football is a game and this is an internet chat forum in which everyone has opinions or comments. If these kids or parents want to read these things we write I hope they don't take it too serious. Adulthood is right around the corner with everything that comes with it and it will be a lot harder than any time they spent playing sports in high school, I'll guarantee you that. Maybe they can adopt my motto: "Life's Tough, Get a Helmet".

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
maniac66 wrote:But you put it in a way that is seems you relish that SEO teams get beat and beat bad.

West - N-Y, Trimble - S. Valley, Athens - Jackson, Beallsville - East, Ironton - Amanda were all SEO teams playing each other so I didn't relish the face that they had to beat each other. It just so happens that I thought this game (S.G. - B.C.) would be the biggest mismatch of the weekend. Valley and Peake were the only other two teams that played teams somewhat north and east of them but both those ended up being good games. I'm not trying to insult parents or kids, I'm just posting my guesses of what the scores will be, no more no less. There were a few other games this weekend where teams scored in the 60's and 70's on teams which is not good. Is that insulting to the team and fans or parents of the team that got beat ? It probably is (and I'm sure the two head coaches talked about it after the games) but I don't think any of those teams that lost by 50 or 60 will be affected for life because of a high school football game. I played in high school and sure you miss it after you're done but I don't think my teammates or parents ever felt insulted when another team beat our hind ends real good on the football field. It was a lesson learned and you then tried to get better and correct your mistakes before the next game and not dwell on it. On the same note, when you beat a team bad I would hope you can stay humble because there's always someone around the corner better than you in any facet of life. Football is a game and this is an internet chat forum in which everyone has opinions or comments. If these kids or parents want to read these things we write I hope they don't take it too serious. Adulthood is right around the corner with everything that comes with it and it will be a lot harder than any time they spent playing sports in high school, I'll guarantee you that. Maybe they can adopt my motto: "Life's Tough, Get a Helmet".
Good post!!!

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

Congrats to the seniors of south gallia on a great season. Didn't end the way every one was wanting but it was still a great season. They finished with the second best record in school history and made the playoffs for the third time in school history. Looking forward to next year we will be without a great group of seniors that make up half our team this year.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

It might be to early but I don't care. Looking at next year, the rebels have a lot of wholes to fill. Running back seems to be the only spot that is filled. I personally would love to see mike wheeler step into a leader role and become the qb for next year. The idea of white and spurlock in the backfield just sounds like a good combo. And then the o-line is almost gone. I hate to use the term "rebuilding year" in a d6 school because most smaller schools go through them often.

The schedule gets a little easier with the drop of Symmes and addition of Manchester. Other then that and maybe the league swapping a game or two the schedule is set.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I like the idea of Spurlock running QB, White at RB, and wheeler becoming a good WR.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Great season Rebels!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congrats to the Rebels on a great season. Yes it did not end the way we all wanted the season to end but the young men had a season to remember. The fan and community support might have been the greatest I have ever seen. Good luck to all the players and thank you for a great year!

The problem was not the style of play that was the problem-Buckeye Central was just a better football team!

GO REBELS!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

With all due respect to Trimble,Wahama and Sy.valley and the rest of South Gallias opponents this year...Buckeye Central was by far the best team that SG played this year!!! Good luck to Buckeye Central and all the teams from SEO as you play into wk 11 !!!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Ol' Blue wrote:With all due respect to Trimble,Wahama and Sy.valley and the rest of South Gallias opponents this year...Buckeye Central was by far the best team that SG played this year!!! Good luck to Buckeye Central and all the teams from SEO as you play into wk 11 !!!
I agree 100%. Buckeye Central was easily the most complete team SG faced all year. Power running, solid passing, speed on defense. The only position where any of those teams probably have an edge is on the kid kicking off. Not sure what was up with that.

Return to “Football”