D VI R23 Qtrs: South Gallia (7-3) at Buckeye Central (8-2)

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Re: D VI R23 Qtrs: South Gallia (7-3) at Buckeye Central (8-

Post by Mercerville Monster »

I agree 100%. Buckeye Central was easily the most complete team SG faced all year. Power running, solid passing, speed on defense. The only position where any of those teams probably have an edge is on the kid kicking off. Not sure what was up with that.
BC fans said that their kick coverage and punt coverage was their weak spots all year giving up a few TDs on the year. With the way they were playing D they probably figured why not just kick it short or out of bounds to limit SG opportunities of scoring. Just give SG the ball on the 35 or 40 and rely on their D to stop the Rebels.

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

You dropped Symmes Valley about 30 minutes away and you added Manchester about 2 hours away..... could someone explain this?

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

THE GOVENOR wrote:You dropped Symmes Valley about 30 minutes away and you added Manchester about 2 hours away..... could someone explain this?
Scheduling conflict due to the leagues the two teams are in. I heard the series will resume between the two in 2014.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

AT THE END OF THE DAY , THE SOUTH GALLIA REBELS STILL HAD AN AMAZING SEASON, AND CONGRATULATIONS.

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

Was not a schedualing conflict they dropped us.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

s.v.vikinglinex2 wrote:Was not a schedualing conflict they dropped us.
Who did SV pick up?

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

I was not impressed in what I saw from BC, I was expecting them to be able to do what they wanted through the air all night long but they had trouble even getting the ball off with the pressure we put on them all night. I don't believe that boy ran a 4.6 40 yard dash either.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:I was not impressed in what I saw from BC, I was expecting them to be able to do what they wanted through the air all night long but they had trouble even getting the ball off with the pressure we put on them all night. I don't believe that boy ran a 4.6 40 yard dash either.
BC will win the region rather convincingly and then meet up with one of the big boys. When that happens you will see the score flipped around to where they get beat by 30-40.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:AT THE END OF THE DAY , THE SOUTH GALLIA REBELS STILL HAD AN AMAZING SEASON, AND CONGRATULATIONS.
I agree. The MercerVegas crew did a fine job. Hopefully, 2012 will bring another playoff run the Rebels' way.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:I was not impressed in what I saw from BC, I was expecting them to be able to do what they wanted through the air all night long but they had trouble even getting the ball off with the pressure we put on them all night. I don't believe that boy ran a 4.6 40 yard dash either.

I guess they would have to put 80 up to impress you??? Wasn't it 43-0 ?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I was impressed.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Fred G. Sanford wrote:
I guess they would have to put 80 up to impress you??? Wasn't it 43-0 ?
Need to take off those red & gold tinted glasses, Fred G. Give credit where it's due, man. 43-0. 'Nuff said.
mtswngrvsg was impressed and he's not an easy man to impress.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Ol' Blue dont hand out compliments or impress very easily!!! As I said earlier BC is the best team that SG played this season and should be able to win the regionals!!! Sorry SV hope that you proove me wrong!!

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Need to take off those red & gold tinted glasses, Fred G. Give credit where it's due, man. 43-0. 'Nuff said.
mtswngrvsg was impressed and he's not an easy man to impress.

Read the post! I'm the person asking how you couldn't be impressed by a team that won 43-0.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

I wool stand by what I said about boy
Not.bring impressed. I thought we were suppose to get murdered by BC and they didn't even score a point in the first half. I thought that when we played River in 05 they had a lot better of a passing game and they were not even nearly as tall out wide, we also never got.in the backfield all night long top pressure their qb. I never once said that they are not the best team we played this year either.

Return to “Football”