SOC2 2009

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

marshallman
Varsity

Re: SOC2 2009

Post by marshallman »

Minford only lost two starters on Offense- Lineman
and three D-line and 1 LB on Defense. Minford is loaded at the skill positions.

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

Marshallman-

Can I ask you something? What is your PROBLEM with the Burg? You will talk about every team in the SOC in here, but when it comes to the Burg you seem to have a hatred towards these KIDS. I know you must be an adult because you post too much and all the time during the days when kids should be in school. I've seen your posts about how you are NOT IMPRESSED with the Burg's wins over Ironton, their speed, etc. etc. etc. Remember something...these are someone's kids you are talking about. If you had kids that played, have kids that play or will have kids that play, remember that when you are posting. Remember the shots you are taking at these KIDS. Just IMO. Minford is getting better...why don't you talk about Minford instead of getting on here and telling everyone what the Burg will not do this year because of who we lost?

Might want to review rule #8 in the rules section.
Last edited by fbbacker on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Re: Soc II predictions?

Post by fbbacker »

fbnut wrote:same message every sport, every age group, every gender.
BULDOG wrote:
marshallman wrote:Minford returns everyone but three lineman and 1 LB.

WB lost Shank at TB and White at FB and to anyone that watched them play was 80% of their offense threat. The other 20% was the QB. If losing the TB and FB are not hurting you for next year then you are delusional.

West lost alot of seniors, time to rebuild

Waverly didn't show much from last year

Valley- you never know how they will do

NW- not much, didn't they beat Waverly last year?

Hmmm... Seems like you had the same message last season about the Pirates.

Need I say more? I'm not the only one who notices what you say Marshallman.

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

My bad...I also wanted to put my early vote in for back of the year.

Pendleton from West. Don't really even think it will be close. Kid is a beast.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

i will agree with you fbbacker about pendeltonPW being back of the year--------- only if T.Lang is NOT qb---if he is--- he will have the ball in his hands every single play and that my friend is dangerous for every opponent

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

It is all about the "Program". I would rather have B athletes with a A coach then the other way around any day. You can talk about this kid and that kid all you want, but it boils down to a program. One or two super athletes are not going to win games for you. Hard work, determination, and support from the community even through the not so perfect years equals success. I for one am not impressed by people who continually say year in and out how there school is going to rock everyone else, and they always end up on the other end of the beating. Talk is cheap. Train hard/Play Hard. Have the desire to win. If you are a fan that is ok. Do something positive with your time by volunteering around the program not sitting on here with a big of cheetos and bashing everyone else...

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Westsider1993 wrote:It is all about the "Program". I would rather have B athletes with a A coach then the other way around any day. You can talk about this kid and that kid all you want, but it boils down to a program. One or two super athletes are not going to win games for you. Hard work, determination, and support from the community even through the not so perfect years equals success. I for one am not impressed by people who continually say year in and out how there school is going to rock everyone else, and they always end up on the other end of the beating. Talk is cheap. Train hard/Play Hard. Have the desire to win. If you are a fan that is ok. Do something positive with your time by volunteering around the program not sitting on here with a big of cheetos and bashing everyone else...

I completely agree with your statement, expect the athlete/coach part. Give me a team of great players/athlete, and they will make an average coach look real good, the players play the game. However, I do understand what you mean. A good program is one that has hard working players year in and year out, good community support, and a coach who is a leader. These kind of programs are the kinds that make years where there are few seniors or little talent good years. As bad as I hate to say it this is what Burg has (sorry for going against my roots, I'm definetly not rooting for them to win the Soc, I'm just callin it like I see it), and this year the ball is in their court. They have a lot of seniors that know how to win, but not so fast...I think West (and Minford) is devloping the same thing, and West by far has the best Strength and Conditioning program around, its as hard, if not harder that most college programs. Thats why I pick West this year. They have a chip on their shoulder, and they a winning attutude. But, with all of the hype around Burg and West, Minford might steal it like my team last year.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

sider wrote:
Westsider1993 wrote:It is all about the "Program". I would rather have B athletes with a A coach then the other way around any day. You can talk about this kid and that kid all you want, but it boils down to a program. One or two super athletes are not going to win games for you. Hard work, determination, and support from the community even through the not so perfect years equals success. I for one am not impressed by people who continually say year in and out how there school is going to rock everyone else, and they always end up on the other end of the beating. Talk is cheap. Train hard/Play Hard. Have the desire to win. If you are a fan that is ok. Do something positive with your time by volunteering around the program not sitting on here with a big of cheetos and bashing everyone else...

I completely agree with your statement, expect the athlete/coach part. Give me a team of great players/athlete, and they will make an average coach look real good, the players play the game. However, I do understand what you mean. A good program is one that has hard working players year in and year out, good community support, and a coach who is a leader. These kind of programs are the kinds that make years where there are few seniors or little talent good years. As bad as I hate to say it this is what Burg has (sorry for going against my roots, I'm definetly not rooting for them to win the Soc, I'm just callin it like I see it), and this year the ball is in their court. They have a lot of seniors that know how to win, but not so fast...I think West (and Minford) is devloping the same thing, and West by far has the best Strength and Conditioning program around, its as hard, if not harder that most college programs. Thats why I pick West this year. They have a chip on their shoulder, and they a winning attutude. But, with all of the hype around Burg and West, Minford might steal it like my team last year.

I really think West has started something here. As a Pirate, we were brought up in the system to expect to win. Every game we played, we didn't consider losing an option. If we did lose, we felt we let down the entire community. Yes, that is a lot of pressure to put on the kids, but look at the success we've had.

West had a HUGE turnaround last year, and they need to keep that mindset in mind. Many people will perceive that as cockiness, but it's just that confidence we(Burg) have built in. There is a thin line. I'm not saying anyone on here has been cocky, but I know how easily something can be misread or misunderstood. This is why I love HS football. Why can't the season start tomorrow!!!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

fbbacker wrote:Marshallman-

Can I ask you something? What is your PROBLEM with the Burg? You will talk about every team in the SOC in here, but when it comes to the Burg you seem to have a hatred towards these KIDS. I know you must be an adult because you post too much and all the time during the days when kids should be in school. I've seen your posts about how you are NOT IMPRESSED with the Burg's wins over Ironton, their speed, etc. etc. etc. Remember something...these are someone's kids you are talking about. If you had kids that played, have kids that play or will have kids that play, remember that when you are posting. Remember the shots you are taking at these KIDS. Just IMO. Minford is getting better...why don't you talk about Minford instead of getting on here and telling everyone what the Burg will not do this year because of who we lost?

Might want to review rule #8 in the rules section.

No problem, but if you think bashing the burg by saying, losing Shank and White is 80% of your OFF is bashing them " then you have a problem with people not talking up the burg" That is a compliment to those two on how they carried the team. I don't bash them anymore than a burg fan making a statement such as "burg is loaded with speed and will blow out the SOC next year, hands down." You don't need to worry if I had kids playing, played, will play or if I'm an adult. If I state my opinion on teams or teams I dislike, that is my opinion, but I never insult a kid. I will point out a weakness and state what I think. If you don't like it then thats fine. I don't like Michigan either want to talk about that?

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

I agree totally with everything that has been said about the "program." I think West has had it, Minford is getting it and the Burg has always had it. I love the competition this brings. The West/Burg game last year was HUGE and even though we didn't win it was a great game, hyped and supported by both sides. Same with the Minford games last year...huge crowds and two great games. I want the Burg to win every game and see our boys do well. But I am not at all ashamed to say when a group of boys from another school is better or when we just flat out got beat. Plus I'm really happy to see that these communities are supporting their kids and getting behind their programs more and more. That is really what I like to see-strong Scioto County programs and a strong SOC. Makes our area as a whole look better. What I don't like to see are fans who bash KIDS because they are affiliated with a certain school (BURG) and they don't respect anything about these KIDS just because that ADULT seems to have a chip on their shoulder for some reason.

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

Marshallman, we can go back and forth all day but I'm not the only one who sees your attitude towards the Burg kids. You give your opinion AGAINST the Burg kids in any sport, any gender or any age (I think another poster said that sometime :-D ). Anyways....say something positive about our boys and prove me wrong. Don't think you will but just try it sometime. Or any sport. You bash all of our programs and all of our kids. I remember reading boys basketball posts when you were bashing our boys and someone said something and told you to call Barrick if you don't like the way he does things. Remember that? Or would you prefer to just hide behind your computer with a fake name and tell us we are "delusional" if we don't think that losing 100% of our offense (80% of backfield, 20% QB if I remember correctly) will effect the football season this year. Sorry to say but our QB will be returning, the starter who was starting will be returning and playing on offense this year, and our running back is at the state track meet today running in the 200m dash finals (that's the top 16 runners in the state). I think you've heard of him-his last name is Craigmiles. He dusted quite a few people this year in track. And I'll agree with anyone and say that he's not even the best RB in the SOC or maybe even in the top 3. EVERY fan on here talks about their schools kids, like it or not. You seem to think that if we're talking about our kids we're being cocky. Try again. So bash our kids all you want and think your not. Everyone knows your attitude towards the Burg KIDS. Very, very sad coming from an adult.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

My attitude is my own. I didn't bash the kids, I just stated, if you can add, 80% is Shank and White not coming back, 20% is QB and he is coming back. West put it all over Minford last year and they were the better team, thats why they were SOC champs and undefeated. Minford made mental mistakes that cost them against the burg and I also stated Minford had a mental block against finishing against the burg. OOPs! I just bashed them, didn't I? Go to burg vs Ironton thread and read what burg posters say about that game coming up. The ones saying "Ironton is big and slow and will not keep up with the burgs speed." BTW, I timed Craigmiles at a track meet. He ran a 11.01 in the 100 meter dash. That is fast, but no one is going to hand over the SOC and say it's over. I don't care if you not like my post. But, I will not back down from cocky statments made by "others" just because they post how many times they have beaten a school in the last 10 years or how many SOC they have won compared to other schools. Burg has proven their worth. Now, you have West, Waverly and Minford on the way up earning respect, Valley is coming, and showing it isn't a one team show anymore in the SOC.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I look for another year of entertainment filled friday evenings under the lights. Wheelersburg travels into Minford this year, however the falcons have to travel to West and Waverly. A few more months folks'

West Legend
Riding the Bench

Post by West Legend »

come on people. lets hear what you think!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

WoW what a league!
This is way too close to call.I think that it will be between three schools though Minford ,West and Wheelersburg with Waverly being the spoiler perhaps. Should be an exciting years for you folks. :idea:

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

1. wheelersburg
2. west
3.waverly
4.minford
5.valley
6northwest

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

PirateFan_2010 wrote:
yeah west won it last year, i know that. but i feel that the only reason west's size won the battle last year is because they got lucky weather. and what i mean by that is it rained... a lot and i feel, and im pretty sure everyone agrees with me when i say that if that game would have been played on a solid field, the burg would have won that game.

and you call me an idiot???? Blaming a game's outcome on the weather???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

boogerred wrote:
PirateFan_2010 wrote:
yeah west won it last year, i know that. but i feel that the only reason west's size won the battle last year is because they got lucky weather. and what i mean by that is it rained... a lot and i feel, and im pretty sure everyone agrees with me when i say that if that game would have been played on a solid field, the burg would have won that game.

and you call me an idiot???? Blaming a game's outcome on the weather???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SOME Burg fans will blame a loss on anything.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

West had a great season, but they lost so much including Bricker at QB and most if not all the O-line that blocked for Murphy, Pendleton and Swords who they also lost to graduation. Coach Triplett will have his kids ready to go no doubt, but they will be young.
Waverly and Valley were young and quite honestly undersized last season. But both teams will be much improved. Coach Wright and Coach Crabtree will get their kids in the weight room and I think these two teams will have something to say about the SOC II championship, maybe not directly but indirectly.
Minford has almost everybody back. They were a very good team last year and they will only get better.
Burg and Northwest I don't know much about either team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg is loaded and from what I hear Minford is stacked as well. I think Minford and Burg will battle it out. I think Burg will win, I know that alot of kids will only go one way for the Burg. That goes along way in a tight ball game. Here's to a safe and a
great season.

G&B from huddle wrote:West had a great season, but they lost so much including Bricker at QB and most if not all the O-line that blocked for Murphy, Pendleton and Swords who they also lost to graduation. Coach Triplett will have his kids ready to go no doubt, but they will be young.
Waverly and Valley were young and quite honestly undersized last season. But both teams will be much improved. Coach Wright and Coach Crabtree will get their kids in the weight room and I think these two teams will have something to say about the SOC II championship, maybe not directly but indirectly.
Minford has almost everybody back. They were a very good team last year and they will only get better.
Burg and Northwest I don't know much about either team.

Return to “Football”