Portsmouth Trojans 09

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Portsmouth Trojans 09

Post by trojandave »

TrojanBuff: I could be wrong, but I formed my opinion from what others told me.......if indeed the O-line will be a weakness, we are in real trouble this year.........

I don't see how it could be any worse than last year, though.......there are 3 starters back on that line........so I can see an improvement from those kids coming back.

West Legend
Riding the Bench

Post by West Legend »

I look for Portsmouth to be much improved. I can't wait for the saturday night game between them and my Siders to open up the new stadium!

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

West Legend wrote:I look for Portsmouth to be much improved. I can't wait for the saturday night game between them and my Siders to open up the new stadium!

I agree, it will be a great atmosphere for both teams. Should be a much better game than last year.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Would have been even better if they were playing for SOC.
Wish they were in!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BigTime wrote:
West Legend wrote:I look for Portsmouth to be much improved. I can't wait for the saturday night game between them and my Siders to open up the new stadium!

I agree, it will be a great atmosphere for both teams. Should be a much better game than last year.

will the stadium be ready this season?

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Absolutely, the turf will be completed by the end of May. Most of the hard stuff on the football field is completed. They will open up the second game of the year against a good West team.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

How will parking be at the new facility?

Gee, it seems like they just started the complex yesterday.

crslpn44
Waterboy

Post by crslpn44 »

I think Portsmouth's defense will be alot better then last year. With Sanders and James at d-end and Howard at DT the running game will be stopped and quarterbacks better get rid of the ball quick with James coming off the side. The DB's will be solid with most returning if not all. I would like to see more boys play offense and defense putting Sanders and Howard on the sidelines isnt a good idea.

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

i see portsmouth improving from a 1-9 season to 5-5!

Return to “Football”