Sportsmanship?

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Re: Sportsmanship?

Post by buckeyeguy »

Alot of folks tell it like it is on these threads. It wont stop. if its to bad the mods will delete it.. cant be soft.. people are going to say their opionions but some really go back and forth then its just stupid

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

band a sport ?haha give me a break what a joke, now lets throw it around alittle bit.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

crazymidgets wrote:I want to see a thread with,"is band a sport" hahaha thats good stuff there hmm they do call it performing arts hence performing might be indicative of sports but i cant put music as a sport oh man buckfan this is gonna be a brutal debate and it could get nasty I will throw down over this one isnt anything gonna be polite either. lol j/k trying to have some fun not trying to be disrespectfull.
back to the subject on a high school forum, issues come up statments are made parents have kids playing they want to speak openly about them but repercussions (trust me coaches read these forums they might not admit to it but most have rabbit ears) could and do occur so they cannot just say their names.
I get testy with some of the posts I read and have probably been considered a douche by some when I respond to them, some posters are not good losers or winners and just cant say good game and move on and I struggle with that and it seems to come mostly from just a couple of fans from a few schools and for the most part its not rampant and most people act like adults and have some humility even though acting like an adult in my mind is WAYYYYY overated. BUT this is an open forum and people do have rights and i respect that, freedom of speech doesnt segragate(sp) between good and bad and we know that opinions are like a#$$@ everyone has them but they do HAVE the right to them, not saying its good or bad sometimes we just have to say is wow some peoples kids. now in closing lets get that band thread up and running or as will ferrell proudly says were STREAKING whos with me:)
amen brother.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

And you're exactly who I was speaking of know all. And again didn't say band was a sport. Don't know how to be more clear about that.

RationalVoice
Freshman Team

Post by RationalVoice »

I'm convinced that many individuals on this site never played high school ball at all. Not that it's a great sin to have not played ball in high school - but, they lack perspective. For example, I spent a week on a thread arguing with a dude (YoDuh) about whether or not running up the score was acceptable or not. Anyone who has played sports knows that it isn't acceptable.
My point is that many folks on SEOPS simply don't know any better...they have no perspective.
*That - and/or they're just not very intelligent.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

buckfan84 wrote:And you're exactly who I was speaking of know all. And again didn't say band was a sport. Don't know how to be more clear about that.
thank you im glad we agree ,i dont know why people think i hate band,i dont i love hearing them play at halftime.im very impressed how some kids make it look easyand sound great,my point is the ones who are bitching keep sayin its a sport and everybody knows its not,music is a gift of timing not runningand tackling people.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

RationalVoice wrote:I'm convinced that many individuals on this site never played high school ball at all. Not that it's a great sin to have not played ball in high school - but, they lack perspective. For example, I spent a week on a thread arguing with a dude (YoDuh) about whether or not running up the score was acceptable or not. Anyone who has played sports knows that it isn't acceptable.
My point is that many folks on SEOPS simply don't know any better...they have no perspective.
*That - and/or they're just not very intelligent.
i agree with you good post.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Unless someone had the same screen name as you, there were some pretty nasty comments made by a know all. Such as:

i heard where they are going to take band clear out of schools,budget cuts and to many haircuts looks like abunch of former inmates released from prison,and by the way most of the band is bigger than the football team[body mass].

my toilet needs clean is a band member available?[plenty of hair]

In fairness , you weren't the only one and perhaps you've changed your mid since then. But I hope no one talks about your child the way people talked about others kids on this thread.

And I am all for when a program is down that if changes need made say so. But when it comes to an impressionable teen I think we all need to think twice about what we are writing about kids and then think again before we hit enter.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

buckfan84 wrote:And you're exactly who I was speaking of know all. And again didn't say band was a sport. Don't know how to be more clear about that.
i will toned down just for you happy?

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I ran track and wrestled in HS never played football just because I never had the temperament for it so I admit I never played football as a sport in HS.
That being I do respect the young men that do play today and hope I have been out of the way to any team or player on these post.
I do say what I think about the schedules of some teams but that in no way is meant to criticize the young men playing the sport I am just happy that after every game there are no major injuries and pray that there will be none.
Great Season of football so far a few games left and then playoffs let's hope your team makes it and stays injury free folks.

cowboy nut 88
Riding the Bench

Post by cowboy nut 88 »

know all wrote:
thank you im glad we agree ,i dont know why people think i hate band,i dont i love hearing them play at halftime.im very impressed how some kids make it look easyand sound great,my point is the ones who are bitching keep sayin its a sport and everybody knows its not,music is a gift of timing not runningand tackling people.
know all i agree with you on this,why is everybody jumping on you?

Return to “Football”