20 years for the River Valley Raiders

RVRaiderFan
All State

20 years for the River Valley Raiders

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Hard to believe (especially when I was the 5th graduating class from RV lol), but this 2011 season marks the 20th season of football for the young Raiders program. That also means this school year, 2011-12, is the 20th year for RVHS. Hard to believe 1992 has been that long ago...lol......and hard to believe NG, KC, SW, HT all have been gone for 20 years.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 20 years for the River Valley Raiders

Post by Orange and Brown »

Heres hoping the next 20 years will bring the Raiders a lot of success as they move to the TVC

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Still a very young school. Amen to that Orange and Brown.

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

It really is hard to believe it has been that long. I still remember the other Schools playing just like yesterday. They might have been small schools, but they played with a lot of heart and gave it their all every game. It is always hard when school districts combine. But those issues do get better in time. I hope the River Valley players and Coaches all the best. You have taken your lumps, but remember what goes around comes around. Good Luck and welcome to the TVC.

The TVC gets slammed all the time, but over all, it works for the teams in the league. Less travel times, a lot of the fans knowing each other, rivalries between neighboring schools are just a few examples that just add to the games. We may not have the big names schools in the TVC, but we do have a lots of fans interested in watching their teams. We have schools that go though cycles of better years and then have a down turn of success, (except Nelsonville, they always seem to always field excellent teams, lol). I am not in any way saying that the TVC is the best or talking bad about other leagues as they are all excellent in our part of the State. With all the issues that are going on in our World these days, it sure is nice to go to watch a High School Football Game on a Friday or Saturday night and forget for a little while about all the problems we all are facing these days. SO no matter how good or how bad others think your favorite team is this year, remember these young men playing on the field and the young ladies cheering on the side line, that they are still just kids. They deserve to enjoy the moment while they still can enjoy doing what they dearly love to do. So good luck to all the area teams, you are all winners in my book, no matter what the records say.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

That is amazing. I agree it seems like yesterday we had the 4 high schools. Then we all became River Valley and then a few years later South Gallia was born. It has been an interesting ride. Good luck in year 20 Raiders!!!

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

18 of those years spent in the most distant end of the county in an antique of a school built to house 300 kids.
Now that we have a more central location and new facilities going up i see things changing for the better. Big thing is the parents have to buy in and keep the kids in the weight room and gym year round.

Good Luck Raiders

GATOR BAIT
Riding the Bench

Post by GATOR BAIT »

its 18yrs, started in 92-93 years not in 91'.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

GATOR BAIT wrote:its 18yrs, started in 92-93 years not in 91'.
My math is the same as Raiderfan... this year's senior class of 2012 will be the 20th class to graduate from River Valley High School.

GATOR BAIT
Riding the Bench

Post by GATOR BAIT »

i guess but i graduated from north gallia in 91' and they went another year to north gallia cause pat stout was basketball coach in 91'-92' season also HT was in the sweet 16 in basketball in the 90'91' basketball seasson i guess they started rv on paper then or you guys add diferently than i do but hey been wrong before wouldn't be the first and won't be the last just thought its was 18 my bad. I apologize for the mathematical error.

GATOR BAIT
Riding the Bench

Post by GATOR BAIT »

oops! as i stated earlier i could be wrong and i was my apologies i actually thought at first 19 but i stand corrected open mouth insert foot. i was wrong yep u guys were right hard to believe this does mark the 20th season. Good luck Raiders!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Could be a sign of old age creeping up on you... LOL.

GATOR BAIT
Riding the Bench

Post by GATOR BAIT »

yes sir faster than what i thought lol!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Raiderball wrote:Could be a sign of old age creeping up on you... LOL.

It's funny GATOR BAIT, because the guys where I work were getting on me for not knowing how to count!! :lol: :lol: I actually had to go back and write it down on paper to make sure it was 20!!!

Raiderball.....I dont know if it is old age creeping up on him.....but that is the whole reason I started this thread!!! I realized it's 20 years...and I was the 5th graduating class from RV.....now that's old!!! ahahaha

It's game day!!!! GO RAIDERS!!!!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Hopefully RV will be able to develop a natural rivalry with someone when they join the TVC. I think RV would have been better off joining the TVC back when it consolidated 20 years ago. There is a good chance some rivalries would have developed by now. I don't think RV really has any rivalry with anyone after twenty years, and you would think at least one rivalry would have built up by now.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

It always seemed sad to me they had to endure that scool, those old schools could have held together until somthing new was built, just because RV was out of the public eye, those kids and that school deserve the best of luck, and a crazy transfer or two and a good year more than any other i can think of in our region

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

RVRaiderFan wrote:
Raiderball wrote:Could be a sign of old age creeping up on you... LOL.

It's funny GATOR BAIT, because the guys where I work were getting on me for not knowing how to count!! :lol: :lol: I actually had to go back and write it down on paper to make sure it was 20!!!

Raiderball.....I dont know if it is old age creeping up on him.....but that is the whole reason I started this thread!!! I realized it's 20 years...and I was the 5th graduating class from RV.....now that's old!!! ahahaha

It's game day!!!! GO RAIDERS!!!!
You're a pup... I'm about to turn 50!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Hopefully RV will be able to develop a natural rivalry with someone when they join the TVC. I think RV would have been better off joining the TVC back when it consolidated 20 years ago. There is a good chance some rivalries would have developed by now. I don't think RV really has any rivalry with anyone after twenty years, and you would think at least one rivalry would have built up by now.
I agree.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Hopefully RV will be able to develop a natural rivalry with someone when they join the TVC. I think RV would have been better off joining the TVC back when it consolidated 20 years ago. There is a good chance some rivalries would have developed by now. I don't think RV really has any rivalry with anyone after twenty years, and you would think at least one rivalry would have built up by now.
I know they are no longer in the same league but have you been to a RV gallia academy basketball game? Rivalry!!!!

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

I was a part of the first graduating class from RV in 1993 and have organized both our 10 and 15 year class reunions. I will be doing the same for our 20 year in the future. I hope to have the school involved at least in some way when the time comes in the near future.

I remember BEATING Gallia Academy in basketball my senior year at Rio Grandes Lyne Center and the place was going crazy !!!!! Hopefully RV can be more competitive in the future than we have been in recent times in that game.

GO RAIDERS!!!!!

Return to “Football”