Week 7 West @ Valley

1darkhorse
Waterboy

Week 7 West @ Valley

Post by 1darkhorse »

Both teams undefeated coming in to this one. It's sure to be a barn burner with two very explosive offenses. Can't wait!! Valley 28-21

indianabuck
All State

Re: Week 7 West @ Valley

Post by indianabuck »

Winner for sure in the playoffs, lover will have ALOT of work to do with how strong region 19 is.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

9-1 will be enough to get the loser of this game into the playoffs. They both still have Wheelersburg remaining in addition to playing each other next week. That game will also be a big points game for the winner. Two of the three will more than likely be in.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Should be an awsome game

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Good Luck West!

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Should be great like the past 2 years have been. Defense will be key in this one. I'll be rooting for the Indians, I'm excited for this one already

Sider_PC
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider_PC »

I think that these two will see each other in the regional finals. The winner will have a home playoff game and the loser will be on the road.

I'm gonna go with West 28-14

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Sider_PC wrote:I think that these two will see each other in the regional finals. The winner will have a home playoff game and the loser will be on the road.

I'm gonna go with West 28-14

Regional finals COULD be Nelsonville York and the winner of this West/Valley game.

No disrespect to West or Valley, but NY is the real deal this year. I think West beats Valley by AT LEAST 2 TD's and they have a good chance of meeting NY in the regional finals.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Having seen both these teams play, I'm looking forward to seeing this match-up.

As a side note, as I was leaving the West-Minford game tonight I had the radio on in the car listening to the postgame. I have to say that as impressed as I have been the last couple years with the Ratliff kid's progress at QB, I'm even more impressed with the way he handled himself during the postgame interview!!! That young man showed more class than many of the adults involved with sports on all levels. He gave credit over and over to his offensive line as well as crediting the defensive line. He also went as far as to compliment the teams in the OVC, as well as going on and on about how well West and Valley matched up. He showed so much sportsmanship that I turned it up and made sure my two young sons were listening. I told them to always remember the way he was talking and that he was a PERFECT example of EXACTLY how you are supposed to act!!! My hat goes off to that young man!!!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Could be the game of the year!!!! West to much for Valley in a close one.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 34 West 31

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley appears to be a 14 pt dog...hmmm

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Having seen both of these very good teams play I will take Valley 21-20, I thought Keller was the best player we have seen all year and Yates can tuck it and run and he is hard to contain. On the other hand the peake was able to run on Valley and we could get nothing going against West in the running game. And on offense West has a whole backfield full of good runners. So good luck to both and stay injury free I would love to see it myself.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Valley has beaten us 2 years in a row. They are undefeated on their turf and have 3 of the best playmakers in the league. We are the underdog. Our guys need to go out there with that mind set and to prove something.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

West by 14

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

siderman wrote:Valley has beaten us 2 years in a row. They are undefeated on their turf and have 3 of the best playmakers in the league. We are the underdog. Our guys need to go out there with that mind set and to prove something.
Siderman
I respect your opinion more than any other West poster. You seem to think things through and not just use bravado and the hometown team influence your opinions. I agree with everything you said in the last post except for the underdog thing, because I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win the game. I don't think there is a clear cut favorite. West blew Valley out of the water 3 years ago but 3 of the last 4 games have been decided by one score but all in Valley's favor. I'm very excited to watch this game and can't wait to be a part of the atmosphere Friday night. I know I'm pulling for Valley and you and the rest of the West posters will be pulling for the orange and black. I'm just hoping this thread doesn't turn into trash talking and Johnson measuring. Good luck to the Siders but Go Indians!!!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Very good post and all class crab. I also hope the same, good luck to both teams and pray for no injurys so they can continue the season to the best of their potential.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

I've watched Valley twice this year and West once and that's all it took to realize how good both of these teams are. They play two different types of football with west being the possesion eater and Valley being able to score on you on any given play. I'm excited to watch this game and these two will make the play offs and it wouldn't surprise me whenever these two are playing again in the regional championship game

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

crab_apple4 wrote:
siderman wrote:Valley has beaten us 2 years in a row. They are undefeated on their turf and have 3 of the best playmakers in the league. We are the underdog. Our guys need to go out there with that mind set and to prove something.
Siderman
I respect your opinion more than any other West poster. You seem to think things through and not just use bravado and the hometown team influence your opinions. I agree with everything you said in the last post except for the underdog thing, because I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win the game. I don't think there is a clear cut favorite. West blew Valley out of the water 3 years ago but 3 of the last 4 games have been decided by one score but all in Valley's favor. I'm very excited to watch this game and can't wait to be a part of the atmosphere Friday night. I know I'm pulling for Valley and you and the rest of the West posters will be pulling for the orange and black. I'm just hoping this thread doesn't turn into trash talking and Johnson measuring. Good luck to the Siders but Go Indians!!!
thanks. West and Valley are both good. I hope West is very confident as they should be. But I think there is a fine line of confidence and arrogance. Confidence makes your excell, arrogance gets you beat.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Is this a saturday game?..Would like to attend if it were...

Return to “Football”