Week 3 Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth

eddie
JV Team

Re: Week 3 Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth

Post by eddie »

it will be a tight game. 17 - 14 could be the score of this game . i think both teams have the capability to make big plays on Offense and Defense to change the mojo in their favor the entire game. that is what makes the match-up exciting. does Portsmouth have a good kicker?

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Good luck Burg!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I think this will be a very close game...Portsmouth has a lot of momentum coming off the big win against West, but Burg will be hungry to prove themselves...I also think it will be tie ball game at the half...but in the end Burg will win by a touchdown or so...28-21 Burg

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Burg is going into the Trojans house. The crowd will be in PHS favor. They will not be embarrassed at home. This game will be close. PHS is much improved from last year but they do need to cut down on the mental mistakes. I don't see a passing game from the burg yet to worry about, if they have one they haven't shown it. PHS can run and throw it around.
The two best RB in the county are Pendleton and Murphy from West just because they are big and fast a rare combo to have. West had no passing game but had tall receivers.

ExTrojan
Waterboy

Post by ExTrojan »

Not sure if Trojan's can match up with 'Burg, hope so but I still see a Pirate W.

Brooke-NexTVSports
Waterboy

Post by Brooke-NexTVSports »

Just a heads up to all you Burg and Portsmouth fans - NexTV Sports will be covering this game!!

You can watch it at www.nextvsports.com : )

If you would like to order a copy of this game on DVD you can e-mail me at blove@nextvsports.com

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!!

tiger-fan67
Waterboy

Post by tiger-fan67 »

Wheelersburg has an excellent offensive line and that is where they will beat Portsmouth....The Burg has SOO MANY skill backs that they would have to pretty much beat themselves, if they all come together and the backs who aren't getting the ball get their blocks then most teams will have trouble handling The Burg...but I did hear that Scotty Walker is out this week with an ankle injury....could just be a rumor though....

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Everyone keeps talking about Burgs athleticism and speed. Portsmouth has some athletes and some speed on both sides of the ball also. The difference this year over last for the Trojans is their a physical team this year. This team is much more physical than last and I think this will be the difference. They surprised West in the first half last week with how physical they play now. The score was 28-6 last year and I think the Trojans are a least 14-21 pts better this year. The question now is Burg as good as last year or not. Portsmouth puts up 27 pts this year and hold the Burg to 21. The Trojans just need to keep proving people wrong and making them realize this group has always been good. And that last year was just growing pains of a young Sophomore team. GO TROJANS!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Just have to wait and see! GO BURG GO!

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Trojans this week you are again set to take on another opponent that thinks they are superior to you. All week long we have heard how good the Pirates are, and how we have no chance against their superior ability. Well I have to say this sounds all to familiar.

10 short years ago the Trojans enter a week 10 match up against an undefeated and #1 ranked Wheelersburg team. No one gave the poor Trojans much of a chance. They were told all week how much better the burg was , and that their was no chance they could compete with the Pirates.

The Trojans of 99 didn’t by into the hype as they defeated the Pirates 28-21 in an upset that kept the Burg from winning an AP title, and put the Trojans into the playoffs.

I know there are differences between the two games, but the biggest one of all is the fact that the Burg team of 99 had won 9 games in a row and several straight SOC titles. The 09 Burg team is only 1-1, and didn’t win the SOC last year.

My point is that Burg has yet to prove it’s self this year.

Trojans if the Trojans of 99 could unseat a #1 ranked Pirate team you should have no doubt that you can defeat a 1-1 team.

TROJANS DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE

SINK THE PIRATES

KEEP THE SWORD SWINGING UNTILL THERE ARE NO MORE HEADS TO ROLL

GO TROJANS

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Im gonna take wheelersburg in this one in a close game it will only be a touchdown or two. But wheelersburg cant make much mistakes because these trojans are for real. Good luck too both teams.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Burgites, take the coliseum by storm and show these trojans that u arent laying down to any fancy new stadium with their great PA announcer and their cool stands and field of rubber and fake grass!!( Remember though, it will make you even FASTER!!). Offense: get on your blocks, drive em down till the rubber erupts! Defense: tackle with authority. Make your reads and fill the gaps! Sideline to sideline, post to post, defend yourselves and play the kind of football you have brought back to the BURG; smashmouth, hard hitting, fast and furious!! Good luck to both teams and GO BURG!!

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Burg 35
Ptown 10
Don't let the Ironton game fool ya Trojans!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

GO GETTEM TROJANS

ExTrojan
Waterboy

Post by ExTrojan »

IF the Trojan's do win this game, looks like there is going to be piles of Crow to pass out

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

just another reason, i'd like to see some of the games on saturday. i'd have loved to have seen the tilt between portsmouth, and west last week. but it was my 30 year reunion.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:just another reason, i'd like to see some of the games on saturday. i'd have loved to have seen the tilt between portsmouth, and west last week. but it was my 30 year reunion.

Gotta get your priorities straight. :122249 :)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'm trying brother.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

be sure and stop by our tailgate at the corner of 8th and Waller...

for your FREE Scioto Ribber RIBS......sponsered by Glockner Chevrolet!! :!: :!:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

WHO?!?! in their right minds would stop and tailgate with your bunch at the corner of 8th and WALLER? We all know the way you guys treat visitors! waller is right!

Return to “Football”