Site Admin

WK4 Marietta @ Warren SEOAL Game

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

marklduckworth
Freshman Team

Re: WK4 Marietta @ Warren SEOAL Game

Post by marklduckworth »

My advice is to get there early. This will be a huge crowd in the "Bowl" at Warren High school. It may be a record crowd. As I left P-burg South last night, there was a huge buzz among the Warren faithful. This will be a great game between 2 rivals. The excitement and emotion of High School football in the fall is tremendous. Good luck to all !!!!

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Has Warren learned how to win? The early evidence would point in that direction. Warren must keep focused. Big local game and Marietta is looking for a way to add meaning to their season. Defeating Undefeated Warrn would provide that.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Warren wins this game they just might go 6 and 4 this year.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

I don't think Marietta wants to be playing Warren right now. They have tons of momentum and Warren is looking for a win against Marietta at home for the first time in years. I would be willing to bet the farm the South team Warren played last night is every bit as good as PHS if not better and look what PHS did to Marietta. This should be one hell of a game and one hell of a crowd. Should be crazy....

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Noreply, at this point Warren is shooting a little higher than that. Say 7-3 or 8-2, thanks for the enthusiam though.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

This should be the SEOAL game of the week.

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Post by ronnie88richards »

To say South is as every bit good as PHS is unheard of, when PHS plays South they will win by 2 TD's +. Congrats to Warren though from a belpre guy I was excited to see they beat South I've heard last night from a couple guys behind me at the PHS game saying they keep loosing players from South because of the coach pretty bad for them to start out 0-3 I heard they lost 4 players from week 2 going into week 3. I'm going with Warren in this one by a TD the home field advantage is what will make the difference.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Warren probibly could win this one anyway but Marietta has a ton of injuries and I think Warren will win pretty easily.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

PHS is 2+ touchdowns better than South why? They both lost to Brooke by the same margin, with South giving up much fewer points. Fergerson is just as effective as Wasogna at this level. I give South the nod, and if not very very close. Definately not 2 scores. Regardless Warren should be heavily favored in this one.

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

First of all, not knocking Fergerson, but he's nowhere as good as Wasogna. And I'm interested in finding out the results for PHS and Parkersburg South after they play, but I like Parkersburg's chances. I would even say they will win by 3-4 touchdowns.

Warren is doing well and I'll be the first to congratulate them, but with their easy non-league schedule, it's like this every year. They get out to a good start. Marietta has some things to work on. But I look forward to this game, seeing as it's one of the few I'll get to catch this year. This game will be much closer than years past, and I believe Warren has a good chance to snap their long losing streak in the series.

And hardrock, I can't see Warren going 7-3 or 8-2 this year. Maybe if they keep improving like they have been, two years or so down the road it could be attainable. But that's a stretch for this season.

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

i can't wait for this one...i think it is going to hard to top the game lastnight but it might just happen friday night...warren should have won the game last year but a td catch by venham was ruled out of bounds when he clearly had a foot down in bounds and this years team is much improved from last year thanks to Welsh...if warren plays like they did in the first half last night marietta will run away with this one...but if warren plays like they did the first 2 games and the second half last night they will win by 3 or 4 touchdowns...any updates on Hess' knee...i heard he might have tore an acl...thats not good news and i hope thats not true...its going to a great football atmosphere...it will be the biggest crowd of the year so u better get there early if you want a seat...
...go one...

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

bankshot,

I was standing by the fence right in the endzone last year, and while Venham had a foot down he didn't have control of the football yet. It was a good call for the non-TD.

Warren's problem last year was poor tackling in the secondary. Led to some real long runs.

They need to tackle much better this year in order to win.

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

Ok, ok, ok. I always try and be positive and say good things on this site. I want all teams to be successful even warren, just not when they play Marietta. I am a Marietta supporter and will always be. I will do anything I can to help them in anyway. I think Warren is having a good season and I am happy for them. I am sure that they are riding high from their 3 wins. I think Belpre is having a hard time at it this season Morgan as well. South has just not got off to the start anyone thought they would.
Ok on to the part of this that people may not like. I am not trying to be rude or attack anyone’s character or intelligence. But if you are not a diehard South fan there is no way you can think south is in the same league as Parkersburg. You can’t get rid of the records of any of the teams, Parkersburg’s problem is defense. Most of all, the pass. Wheeler ran for 92 on them and tested that run defense, I will tell you for sure those yards were hard running yards. South is has a talented runner but a power runner, his yards will not come easy with Parkersburg. I know he put a 100yds on Warren but the D at Parkersburg is better than Warren's. Even considering there passing problems and also considering that Warren shut out its first 2 teams. That is not a slam on Warren just being honest. Oh I almost forgot, the back at Parkersburg has no comparison to any running back in the State of WV. If Warren thinks they would like a crack at him he will be at p-burg on more year put them on your schedule and see if you can handle him. You will be sad and go home thinking WOW he is the real deal.
As for the Warren, Marietta game, the Tigers will be down about 6 starters; 3 of them o-linemen. I cant be sure if those numbers are exact but I am sure that there are injuries to key players that may hurt the tigers. On paper the new and improved “bigger, faster, stronger” Warriors are 3-0. We also beat Morgan and Wheeler set the school rushing record. Warren shut them out. Big deal, both teams showed Morgan that they can’t handle either of us. Then Warren played Belpre, ok I wish we would have played Belpre instead of Parkersburg, but Warren fans have said that South is better than Parkersburg so I guess that is Warren’s way of saying we have not played anyone. Warren’s opponents are 0-9 combined. They are playing some real Talent. Marietta’s opponents are 4-5 combined. Morgan sucked and I am sorry to say that but its fact. They will get better but they are not there yet. Parkersburg is an offensive team. 2 D-1 prospects and a nasty o-line. New Philly, can’t say much but wow. Talent all over the field. There back is amazing. Here is a note from that game. New Philly’s #33 scored td’s on a Kickoff, 2 Passes, Punt return, and 2 Rushing td’s. New Philly would beat Parkersburg by 25, South by 35, Morgan and Belpre both teams together by 100, and Warren by 30. They are very good and will go deep into the playoffs.
I heard a Marietta Coach say last night he was a realist. I think I am too. I think with all the injuries and everything else Marietta will still beat Warren. I do think Warren will be the favorite and will come in confident. This is the question, Marietta comes in beat up and ready for Warren to knock them out for the first time in Years. If they can’t do it, if Warren still can’t beat the Tigers. What is next for warren?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Warren goes to 4-0 .

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

bigcat did a good job of creating a lose lose situation for Warren and a win win for Marietta.
apparently If warren wins, Marietta was banged up so it was expected because Warren is favored
If Marietta wins it was expected because Warren hasn't played anyone,they aren't any better than last year

This is excuse building is something Warren fans have done for the past 6 or 7 years, so lets just pretend that post didn't happen.

The only thing that matters is who wins. Injuries are part of the game, previous opponents won't play a factor in the final outcome.

If Marietta wins, they are a better team
If Warren wins, they are the better team

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

swamisez, the fact is i speak the truth. You sound like warren posters year in and year out. "This is our year, This is our year." Warren just may beat Marietta, the fact is they just may beat our Jv team with a few starters. That is fact, Injuries are part of the game, that’s the best thing you said. It does not make it anyless true. Here is one more fact, it is a lose lose for Warren. All the pressure is on Warren and P.S its not my fault who is on there schedule. My post did happen and it is the truth. I painted a picture that is the reality in Marietta. So the question is and only for you to answer now is; All eyes on the "improved" Warren team. What happens if you cant get the win. Is this game the measure of your season. It is not for Marietta. We tried to measure up to some tuff Non seoal teams and came up short. You can forget about the games already played if you want but they are the only way to measure ware tour team is. ware are the warren warriors? Better than Belpre, yep. Better than Morgan, yep. better than South, yep. Better than the Tigers, well you may be. Friday Warren will have to prove it to me. Some people have said on here that it will be a big advantage for warren to be at home. You cant get more people in your house than Parkersburg had. That crowd did not hurt us at all. #5 did not need the crowd. One last thing I never said Warren was not much improved. I just feel that they were good last season. You posters make it sound like they went from little league now to the Steelers. Warren is dangerous every season. When I played for Marietta, Warren had there own 7 or 8 year streak and won a share of the league title. I will also say one more time I want Warren to win every week but one. I wish them well and I think they are moving in a good direction. Are the Middle school teams sending them teams that fill in. This years Middle school team not as good as last season.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

The irony that you are downplaying Marietta's ability coming into this game is eerily reminiscent of what Warren fans have done for the past 7 years. When Warren fans did this, it was viewed by Marietta fans as being simply an excuse for not being good enough to beat their rival.

Now it seems the tables are turning,
last year similar excuses were echoed when players for Marietta were suspended. Now this season it is injuries. To these excuses Warren fans can turn a deaf ear. Each program is at the point where there are no excuses to give, because without a win in this game they are relegated to being the least of the cellar dwellers in a league that punishes the also-rans.

Both Warren and Marietta will be equally let down if they do not win this game. The bottom line is this game is the measuring stick for each team because of their combined lack of success in the SEOAL. To insinuate that Marietta measures itself against greater opponents is laughable. New Philadelphia, Dover, and Hilliard Darby were put on the schedule when Marietta believed it had turned the corner (2004). The same thing happened to Warren in the late 90's early 2000's when they scheduled Parkersburg, Steubenville Central Catholic, and Mount Vernon. Each team over scheduled and each has paid the price.

Friday's game is the most important game of the season for both teams, and whichever team loses will more than likely count their season as a disappointment. That is what rivalry games do.

Best of luck to both.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Would like to see Marietta win but all things considered...think Warren will take it. Luck to both..would like to see this one.

WarriorMom
Waterboy

Post by WarriorMom »

I agree this should be a huge crowd for Warren. Everyone I know and talk to are planning on being at this game. You better be there when the gates open or have reserved seating and parking if not. Last night at South there was more Warren fans then PSHS fans. And all night the Warren side was fired up and cheering for our team, even when they looked flat and were down 14-0. Most of us didn't even have a voice left this morning. This is the most excited I have ever seen the Warrior faithful. We are behind this team 100% no matter what. Finally we are turning the corner, our players are excited and expected to win by the couches and most of all by THEMSELVES.

This is a huge game for both teams. It’s like the Ohio State vs Michigan game in September. Both teams will give it there all and play hard no matter how many injuries there are on both sides. This will be a closer game then you think, both teams are proud and will leave everything on the field. I’ll be there cheering for my Warriors and watching what should be a great game.

Return to “Football”