Week 5 Portsmouth @ Chillicothe

GAHS7462
All Conference

Re: Week 5 Portsmouth @ Chillicothe

Post by GAHS7462 »

Chilly wins this game!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

If the Trojans don't play 4 good quarters vs. Chillicothe, they will not win......if they do, they can win the game........I don't look for a lot of points......21 points probably wins this game......if Portsmouth wants to keep playoff hopes alive, this is a must win.

GO TROJANS!!! I WILL BE THERE CHEERING FOR THE MEN OF TROY!!!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Battle of two bad offenses. The team with the fewest mistakes and eliminates the stupid penalties wins this one.

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

chillicothe by 3 touchdowns

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

me and mrs. bait was in portsmouth today. called biggdowgg, and ozzie. to see if they wanted to go out and eat, ozz was still working, but after we ate with bd. he took us down to the new portsmouth trojan football field. it is truley amazing. i actually think i like it better than jackson's. 2 beautiful venues. got to talk to coach curt cllifford a bit. really neat visit there. can't wait till the fighting tigers play there. you'll love it. i love what they did with the stones from the ole shoe factory. a plus. :-D

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

always enjoy going into chilly for a game.......hope we can pull one out,and get back on the winning side.....going to be tough though........

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

Last time I went to watch Portsmouth play Chillicothe, was 2002. It rained like pouring water out of a boot!! I was soaked clear through!! We came out with a win, so it was worth it!!

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Philly wrote:Last time I went to watch Portsmouth play Chillicothe, was 2002. It rained like pouring water out of a boot!! I was soaked clear through!! We came out with a win, so it was worth it!!

Philly I think the game you are referring to is actually the 2001 game at Chilli when it poured down rain. In 2002 we had a slug fest with the Cavs down at Spartan that saw us come out with a 25 to 21 victory thanks to 2 4th quarter touchdowns by Jeremiah Bolden the last coming with 1:05 left in the game. Although Bolden sealed the deal for the Trojans it was Craig Felts who lead the way for the Trojans as he rushed 10 times for 197 yards.

I think this years game will be very similar as it should be super close, and come down to who marks last. I can't see anybody scoring more the 28 in this one.

All take the Trojans 21-17

PATTYCAKES
Freshman Team

Post by PATTYCAKES »

After what I heard tonight I will take Chilly 35 to 0.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

you could be right.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Have we lost some players......including 4 starters?

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

That's what the word is. Looks like mainly a hit to the defensive side of the ball.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Portsmouth @ Chilly

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i may have not seen them play but i do know one of the coaches for chillicothe

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth @ Chilly

Post by biggdowgg »

Mad_Dogg wrote:i may have not seen them play but i do know one of the coaches for chillicothe

yeah, but does he claim to know you? :lol:

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

Trojan_FB_Alum, You are right.....I surely remember both games!!

keeping it real
Waterboy

Post by keeping it real »

I think chilly could win this game. They need to get a passing game going. Nothing against the Oates kid but he does not have an arm. I saw chilly play a couple of times. The Netter kid can throw the ball. They need to go back to the 2 QB system they started with. It seemed to be working. On the stats for SEOAL the Netter kid appeared to be doing a good job. The QB keeper and QB sweep is all they seem to do. Does anyone know why Netter isn't QB anymore?

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

I have no idea to who to pick . . . but I can't wait to find out who does!

Good luck to both teams!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

keeping it real wrote:I think chilly could win this game. They need to get a passing game going. Nothing against the Oates kid but he does not have an arm. I saw chilly play a couple of times. The Netter kid can throw the ball. They need to go back to the 2 QB system they started with. It seemed to be working. On the stats for SEOAL the Netter kid appeared to be doing a good job. The QB keeper and QB sweep is all they seem to do. Does anyone know why Netter isn't QB anymore?

Don't really know, but doesn't he play LBer--that would take a lot out of anyone to do both

keeping it real
Waterboy

Post by keeping it real »

nore, your right he does play linebacker. However, it seems that in Logan country I know you guys have alot of kids that play both ways in some important positions and it just seems like it was working for them. He is a pretty big kid though. I just wondered if he was hurt or something? Well,anyway good luck to the rest of your season. Hopefully, the cavs can turn things around and change some things and get a win. This should be a pretty tuff game for both teams. At this point to close to call.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

He could have a great chance of playing LB in college and would rather just stay at the position that will take him to the next level.

Just never know?

Return to “Football”