TVC-Hocking Federal Hocking (0-6) @ Eastern (3-3)

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Re: TVC-Hocking Federal Hocking (0-6) @ Eastern (3-3)

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Did they put them in game 5 when they usually play Alexander?

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

No, due to league changes Alex and Fed Hock were slated to play the first game of the 2010 season. So it's game 1.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Well if Alexander agreed to play in week 1, and FH changed their minds and scheduled RV in week 1 instead, then I see your point. I would be upset as a fan if I were you in that case. The FH v. Alex game was a huge rivalry from what I have been told.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

The home and away series with River Valley was a done deal long before any expansion of the TVC Hocking. The AD and I discussed this last February when he was mulling over the offer to play Monroe Central, as a one and done deal, for this year.

The RV deal was inked long before the addition of SG and Wahama, so don't call the AD stupid. He's not a fortune teller or prophet....... :roll:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

steely, thanks for clearing that up. I figured there was a valid explanation for this.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Steely Dan wrote:The home and away series with River Valley was a done deal long before any expansion of the TVC Hocking. The AD and I discussed this last February when he was mulling over the offer to play Monroe Central, as a one and done deal, for this year.

The RV deal was inked long before the addition of SG and Wahama, so don't call the AD stupid. He's not a fortune teller or prophet....... :roll:

I saw an ad for a lady in Parkersburg who claims to be a prophet. Maybe fed should hire her as AD... :lol: She says she reads palms and as a hobby.............spotlights!

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

Well Steely dropping Alex is not a smart move. And I wasn't meaning that Murphy (the man) is stupid I called dropping Alex stupid. Just my opinion, which is still allowed here I thought

Do you really think FH will get the crowd for the RV game that they get for the FH-Alex rivalry? This is a game that should have been saved.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

baldeagle wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:The home and away series with River Valley was a done deal long before any expansion of the TVC Hocking. The AD and I discussed this last February when he was mulling over the offer to play Monroe Central, as a one and done deal, for this year.

I saw an ad for a lady in Parkersburg who claims to be a prophet. Maybe fed should hire her as AD... :lol: She says she reads palms and as a hobby.............spotlights!

Word on the street is that they already have a prophet on the coaching staff. He will soon be back in his old spot. He must see some wins coming down the road IMO. :lol:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Wow, some of you guys know way too much about prophets and fortune tellers.... :lol:

Now Jay Kay, in theory, absolutely, I agree, ending the series with Alex is not desireable. However, theory and reality are two different things.

The AD was put in a position of having to scramble to get a one game, one year agreement to fill an open spot that was created by Athens joining the TVC Ohio. Fed Hock lost their home-and-home with Belpre because of Athens joining the TVC, so the Lancers picked up Bedford Chanel last year, and was not able to get a home-and-home for this year, thus Monroe Central. BTW, financial, the Lancers made out pretty good going to Woodsfield to play.

Now, without alot of warning, the TVC Hocking adds South Gallia, and then turns around a couple of months later and adds Wahama. Both schools will be participating in the 2010 sports season. That left alot of difficult decisions for the ADs to make. The RV deal was already inked, so I imagine it had to be honored. Something had to go, as there will be eight league games next season, which leaves two non-conference games, one of which is RV.

Working in the two new schools kind of leaves the existing league schools in a quandry, and typically, non-league games are played earlier in the season, not later. I imagine with Alex being week six of the season, the odds of continuing that series got pretty slim. Least, that is my take on the situation.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

who is the lancers other non league game next year?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

whompascat - Don't hold me to this, but I believe that it is Fort Frye, like week #2 or #3.

scorekeeper1
Riding the Bench

Post by scorekeeper1 »

since this was a Fed. Hock. vs. Eastern thread let me throw this out there. From what I know with the new schools coming in, Eastern will need a week one game and they had to drop R.V. maybe if they could get back together that would give Alex. and F.H. a chance to continue to play. Just a thought. But I did see where the Eagles were still looking for a week 1.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Weather conditions may be somewhat of an equalizer in this game. Good luck to the Lancers tonight. Leave it all out there on the field.

lil red
Waterboy

Post by lil red »

Game Day!!!! Lets get back on track Eagles!! I see a big WIN for the Eagle team tonight! Maybe all the girls will be painted like the boys have been for the volleyball games! Great to see the student section back! :mrgreen:

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

21-7 Final Score...FEDERAL HOCKING WINS!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Monkey is off your back Lancers! Congratulations.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

WOW :!: I figured Eastern would run away with this one. :oops:

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Congrats to the Lancers. Keep it up.

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

Fed took care of the ball , Eastern didn't.. To me that was the ball game.
Then Eastern runningback #12 i think went out with a leg injury and they had nobdy else that could run as hard as him.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

now we will have to hear eastern fans talk about the best team didn't win.

congrats to the lancers on thier first win.

Return to “Football”