Northwest (2-5 @ Minford (5-2)

bushmaster24
JV Team

Re: Northwest (2-5 @ Minford (5-2)

Post by bushmaster24 »

good win falcons.... our thoughts are with the BROWN kid...

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

E_Waugh wrote:Falcons get another win...

Minford 42
Northwest 14

Pretty close E_Waugh....46 to 14.

Yes, prayers to Tyson Brown.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Good win for the Falcons, good to get some younger guys experience. Falcons will have a tougher time against waverly next week. Let's hope Minford can keep things rolling and get a golden football.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Glad to see Minford get the win...but what bothers me is they gave up the same amount of points to Northwest as they did Wheelersburg, and gave up more points than West could put up. Maybe it was playing down to competition, but the Falcons should be in full stride right now. Waverly will be a tough game, as it will be @ Radigier field(spelling) and the Falcons have struggled to win there. They had better straighten it out this week, and get back on track, Waverly will be tough but Valley is going to be hard to beat.

Get it together guys.

Lets Go RED.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Congrats to the Falcons on another win. 6-2 (should be 7-1) and full of momentum heading down the stretch.

What happened to Brown from Northwest?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Jesco White wrote:Congrats to the Falcons on another win. 6-2 (should be 7-1) and full of momentum heading down the stretch.

What happened to Brown from Northwest?

Brown who was trying to play out his senior season with a torn acl(week 1), broke his leg in two places. I hear surgery is scheduled for the morning. Prayers are with this young man and his familiy. The issue is with a torn acl, it may not be strong enough for the rehab his leg is going to need, so the issue is what surgery will be done first. Again my heart goes out to this young man.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Congrats to Bleeding Red's team!
Minford looks like they're picking up momentum.

ballin'fan
Waterboy

Post by ballin'fan »

Black Panther wrote:The Burg showed some class last week in playing the jv from late in the second quarter on.Otherwise they could have put an 70 spot or more on NW.Hopefully Minford will show the same class,but somebody this year will really lay it on NW and not show mercy.Yes,get NW out of soc 2 for footballl,not only are they embarrasing themselves they are embarrasing the conference.

Whose embarrassed? We our proud of our team, they have more heart and class then over half the teams in this county, certainly more class then the Minford team we played tonight? NW managed to score two TD's on their first string defense! and yes Burg did show class, however, I don't believe JV went in until after halftime, they started running a few new players in and out, but full JV team did not go in until bottom of third quarter or top of fourth! and if I am not mistaking we scored on their Varsity, not their JV..so "Black Panther" worry about embarrassing yourself..because Northwest Mohawks hold their heads high with pride! We may not win but when they play they play with heart and when they leave the football field, they leave with dignity! That is nothing to be embarrassed about!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Prayers definitely go out to young Mr. Brown. That is absolutely terrible. I hope someone will please keep us posted as to his progress on what is going to be a very long road.

ballin'fan
Waterboy

Post by ballin'fan »

Incognito wrote:I can gurantee Minford will not run the score up against them. If they come out on fire expect the starters to be out by the 2nd quarter. Too much football to be played to get a player injured in a game like this. Besides Coach Daniels is a class act and will do whatever he can to keep it from getting too ugly. This isnt a jab at the Mohawks because they will come to play, it just wont be enough to keep the game close. Coach Daniels and the Falcons get one step closer to that Gold Football and a play off berth.

Black Panter I agree something should be done about Northwest, but you have to remember they are the largest school in the county. They double some enrollments with current SOC I schools. Granted they lose to those teams,but I hear there is some talent coming up out in McDermott. Moving them down to SOC I could cause a problem similar to what Oak Hill is in now. Big school,good talent, angry small school conference. Its a tough situation all around.

Thank you Incognito for seeing the situation as it really is! The largest school in the county with "34 football players"! The district is just too big, too spread out, can't get the numbers! A team of 35 going up against schools with 60 plus players...we do have talent coming up as well as talent on the field right now, The Brown Boys, Ellis, Horsley..all great ball players just spread too thin, and Black Panther, you don't think those 35 kids wouldn't like a chance to win?? I agree, it is a tough situation all around!

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

ballin'fan wrote:
Black Panther wrote:The Burg showed some class last week in playing the jv from late in the second quarter on.Otherwise they could have put an 70 spot or more on NW.Hopefully Minford will show the same class,but somebody this year will really lay it on NW and not show mercy.Yes,get NW out of soc 2 for footballl,not only are they embarrasing themselves they are embarrasing the conference.

Whose embarrassed? We our proud of our team, they have more heart and class then over half the teams in this county, certainly more class then the Minford team we played tonight? NW managed to score two TD's on their first string defense! and yes Burg did show class, however, I don't believe JV went in until after halftime, they started running a few new players in and out, but full JV team did not go in until bottom of third quarter or top of fourth! and if I am not mistaking we scored on their Varsity, not their JV..so "Black Panther" worry about embarrassing yourself..because Northwest Mohawks hold their heads high with pride! We may not win but when they play they play with heart and when they leave the football field, they leave with dignity! That is nothing to be embarrassed about!

Coach Daniels is a class act! Don't know what your referring to, but Brent never runs up scores on anybody and has showed nothing but class.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ballin'fan wrote:

Certainly have more class than Minford?
How about the guy in NW's stands that was screaming at the refs and coaches the entire game? Or Mr. Vastine who kept marching up and down the fence screaming at the ref and talking about how he is a professional ref and the refs sucked. It got so bad that the ref asked a member of the chain gang to go get the cops.

Good luck to NW the rest of the way.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

talk about class, i talked to a couple of minford players at breakfest tis morniing.. and they told me that the parents of the injured player came over to the sidlines saying you guys are cheap shots!!!! and were pointing at coaches and players while saying this .. it got so bad a ref that saw this play told these young men to move to other end of field... that it was a northwest player that hit him... i know emotions run high but to point and tell young men that they are cheap shots is PITIFUL!!!!!!

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I agree bm24, the young man was takin out by his own player, this is tragic and I hope for the young mans full recovery. I can assure you that Coach Daniels would not allow a cheap player to stay on the field and by no means was this Minford cheap shotting N-West.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Northwest is in the blame game mode. Its time to get them over to the SOC I before its too late. I credit their coaches and kids for sucking it up and playing hard, but their fans need to chill out. For parents to act like that is a terrible thing.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

MuletownManiac wrote:I agree bm24, the young man was takin out by his own player, this is tragic and I hope for the young mans full recovery. I can assure you that Coach Daniels would not allow a cheap player to stay on the field and by no means was this Minford cheap shotting N-West.

That is true and before someone wants to cut on Minford, I personally saw several Minford fans with tears in their eyes when it became evident what had occurred. No one (fans, players, or coaches) wants to see a player get hurt.

Bleeding Red wrote: For parents to act like that is a terrible thing.

As for parents, that is one thing I DO NOT miss from my coaching days. I loved the kids but hated dealing with all the "expert" parents and their "extensive" knowledge of the game. I can only imagine the embarrassment some kids feel when their parents act like idiots. I am a firm believer in some people only exist to serve as a warning to others.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

What? I thought all parents were sports gurus and their kids were always the best althlete o the team who should never under any circumstance be taken out of the game!

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

i personally know the parents of Tyson's and it doesnt sound like them to do things like what are being mentioned.....now there are parents at Northwest that if they jumped on the field to fight an 8th grader i wouldnt be surprised. So it couldve been one of those parents (Hopefully it was)

and note to fellow Northwest fans: ITS THE FACT THAT THE OTHER TEAM IS JUST BETTER THAN US. NOT THE REFS.
I learned the hard way about blaming refs in the form of an $80 fine @North Adams.

One more side note:
i predicted the game @ 43-14 (OH SO CLOSE).

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Why was this kid allowed to play with a torn acl to start with?Dosen't seem real smart to me..

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Its his Senior year..if he can live with the pain...whos to tell him he cant suit up? I think it was very admirable, and I wish him the best.

Return to “Football”