OVC (1-7) South Point @ (1-7) Rock Hill

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: OVC (1-7) South Point @ (1-7) Rock Hill

Post by fuzzhead »

There will probably be over 40 points scored in this game.
This will be the best game in Lawrence County this friday. These certainly aren't two of the better teams in the area, but if you like offense, there will be plenty of it out in Pedro.

Then next week, Lawrence County football fans will get a real treat as Coal Grove will take on Fairland at Patterson Field/Lemaster Stadium for a winner-take-all showdown that will give the winner the OVC crown outright and almost certainly a playoff berth. Any Tiger fan who would miss this game that's literally right down the street and go up to Warren and watch Ironton absolutely demolish the Warriors is out of his/her mind.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

TIGERS90 wrote:Bob's winning ways are what drew in those players...

You don't see many kids flocking to other schools or other coaches locally for the right reasons...they know that they will get coached and learn what they need to know in order to have a chance at the next level...Not many programs can do that in the state...let alone in our area...

I know that kids at every school try their hardest to win...and the coaches do everything they are capable to do to teach them...but you have to have the ability to teach the kids how to play...in order for them to win...no matter how good they are...coaching in my opinion is at least 50 percent of winning...if not much more...

From what I remember..Lutz has had one losing season at 3-7 since he came to ironton...now can anyone tell me that he always had talent...I don't think so...

No disrespect to Bob Lutz at all, he is a great coach. However, when you run a base 5-2; cover 3 and a full house T on offense, yes, you have to have talent.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

no more Ironton talk on this thread

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

mattash wrote:no more Ironton talk on this thread

best post on the thread so far.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

guess we will get points either way from this game. good luck to both teams

flapjack
Waterboy

Post by flapjack »

Haven't seen the pointers play this year but I have seen the Redmen play a couple times. All that I would say to Rock Hill is that the middle of the field has been open all year, Davenport is very talented when given the chance to operate in the open. Blagg also has a nice pair of hands, McCollister is 6'4" give or take an inch. Lets use the whole field this game, also do you remember when Davenport returned punts and kick offs?

Trojan Explosion
Freshman Team

Post by Trojan Explosion »

rock hill 27-26

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

winchell wrote:

You don't see many kids flocking to other schools or other coaches locally for the right reasons...they know that they will get coached and learn what they need to know in order to have a chance at the next level...Not many programs can do that in the state...let alone in our area...

I know that kids at every school try their hardest to win...and the coaches do everything they are capable to do to teach them...but you have to have the ability to teach the kids how to play...in order for them to win...no matter how good they are...coaching in my opinion is at least 50 percent of winning...if not much more...

From what I remember..Lutz has had one losing season at 3-7 since he came to ironton...now can anyone tell me that he always had talent...I don't think so...

No disrespect to Bob Lutz at all, he is a great coach. However, when you run a base 5-2; cover 3 and a full house T on offense, yes, you have to have talent.

Hey! Lutz runs a cover 2 shell under neath that 5-2 :122249

Anyway, Rock Hill has shown flashes of being a good team, they are probably the best 1-7 team I have ever seen (that doesn't mean much however, lol)...I think they are better than South Point...35-21 Rock Hill

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

sider wrote:
winchell wrote:

Hey! Lutz runs a cover 2 shell under neath that 5-2 :122249

Anyway, Rock Hill has shown flashes of being a good team, they are probably the best 1-7 team I have ever seen (that doesn't mean much however, lol)...I think they are better than South Point...35-21 Rock Hill

Yeah, you are right about the cover 2 shell, however, no one goes balanced against Ironton so they are usually squirmed into a 3. :-D

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

RH-34 SP-6

brhs07
Waterboy

Post by brhs07 »

Woah RH whipped some tail tonight :-D

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

WOW! The real Redmen showed up tonight, The defense really stepped up tonight.. Also Great Special team play tonight for the Redmen.

OVCfan
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan »

Way to go Hill. Congrats to Coach Knipp and the Redmen!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Good win for the Redmen! Now beat River Valley next week and get ready for next year! Hopefully things are on the upswing out in Pedro! :-D

Go Bucks!
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks! »

mcstephen10 wrote:u really think sp is going to score 12 points rh D is not that pretty

sp 34

rh 20

if they can hold on to the ball unlike the fairland game to many fumbles

SP was lucky to get 6. A bogus pass interference call gave them 6 points. I was impressed with #5, he runs hard and played after getting knocked around all night. RH defense was swarming, some young kids got on the field and made big plays. Overall, nice effort all around.

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

I have to say, I saw this game being alot more competitive... SP gave RH ever reason in the world to put them away in the first half. But blown opps. have been a problem all year, just glad to see that didnt haunt us in the 2nd half. The defense was much better this week. Bodies flying to the ball is a wonderful thing in football. This was the type of game everyone loves to see.>>> HARD HITS EVERYWHERE! :twisted: A "W" next week against the Raiders would mean a 2nd place tie for OVC, given Coal Grove beating Fairland. So keep on, keepin on. And enjoy your LAST WEEK, Seniors!

GO REDMEN!!!

Go Bucks!
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks! »

Fans were expecting to see a strong running game when the South Point Pointers faced the Rock Hill Redmen Friday.

They got what they expected, but it didn’t come from where they expected it.

Rock Hill had its biggest rushing performance of the season with 303 yards on just 33 attempts as the Redmen beat the Pointers 34-6 Friday in an Ohio Valley Conference game.

Way to go RH...set the tone for next season....Seniors lead the way to turning it around.

Return to “Football”