D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

gunit
Freshman Team

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Post by gunit »

Good Luck to Burg.... Wish the game was closer

Love the comment about whichever team wants it more will win..... one of the goofier comments I hear from people about sports teams..... haven't seen many cases where teams do not want to win :122245

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Image vs Image

Once an Oak
Waterboy

Post by Once an Oak »

It is a long trip to MC, but it'll be a great trip back to the Burg. I'm looking forward to the Burg moving on to the second round. Congrats Pirates!

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

IMO I think that Shank, Craigmiles and Lang can run with the Dierks boy, should be a great game.

Question though:

If Burg wins and Minford wins does that mean they would meet in the second round? Not wanting to look ahead but, that is a just a little more motivation.

Good Luck Burg......

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

MuletownManiac wrote:IMO I think that Shank, Craigmiles and Lang can run with the Dierks boy, should be a great game.

Question though:

If Burg wins and Minford wins does that mean they would meet in the second round? Not wanting to look ahead but, that is a just a little more motivation.

Good Luck Burg......

burg and minford would not play each other till the regional finals

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Ur right MD, my typo.

Steely, understand the rushing and passing stats. Most times they were out by half. I just dont know how to compare competition in this game. I know one thing though, after week 1 Burg has made alot of adjustments on defense, especially with the loss of bendolph and holbrook (tho he's back) and things have stabilized and gotten better imo. Again, can either team run the ball and how do you make those adjustments to get that going and when do u make them. As for the passing attack, again im sure MC doesnt wanto throw the ball if they dont have to. But I do like our chances of containing and corraling Dierkes, especially from our DEs. There will be alot of film watching this week. Will be hard for both teams to have legit scout squads for practice. Burg is pretty deep in some crucial areas and that will help us.

I guaruntee it will take a series or 2 for either defense to get used to the speed of the game based on whom they have played for the last several weeks.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

demaniac - Again, I am in complete agreement with you on this one. Comparing competition and outcomes is nothing but speculative. If you try and stick strictly to the facts and leave emotions and opinion out of the assessment, one should come to the conclusion that this is going to be a toss up game.

During the regular season, yea, I make whimsical predictions on here and poke fun every once in awhile, but when it comes to week 11, I refrain from this behavior.

If you've made it this far and are playing week 11, your team deserves respect, regardless of what league you are in or who you have played.

I'm anxious to see where the game is played, and look forward to seeing the folks from Wheelersburg again. Best of luck to the Pirates Friday night.

I'll probably be the only guy in the crowd wearing Federal Hocking garb Friday night, so shout out if you see me!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg's run defense has been just about lights out since the Minford game. After that game they made some adjustments and the run defense has been very strong.

The pass defense has more than held its own also. Valley came in with a QB who had thrown for over 1,000 yards and they pretty much shut him out.

Burg should be able to match up with them pretty well, can they matchup with the Burg?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

yabba - I believe so. If you stop the run, MC can throw the ball very effectively. Dierkes has a very strong arm, and is pretty accurate. For a HS QB, he does a good job of reading through his progression. He's certainly not a lock on one receiver type of QB.

I really expect this to be a very good game, and will be really surprised if it is settled by more than seven points.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

BURG.

pirates09
Waterboy

Post by pirates09 »

It all depends really on what burg teams shows up on Friday. If the team that played Valley shows up Burg by 3 or 4 TD's if the burg team that played minford shows up then it could be a very long bus ride back to the burg and a very early basketball season.

Burg 49
MC 13

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Da Burg wins in a close one 28-21

blue devil
Waterboy

Post by blue devil »

It's official. The game will be played at Marietta College.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

Turf!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

blue devil wrote:It's official. The game will be played at Marietta College.

Where did you see that at? There is nothing on the OHSAA website that says where it is being played at.

Stu Pedasso
Waterboy

Post by Stu Pedasso »

Good luck Pirates, show the northern part of the state what southern Ohio football is about,hopefully we can all enjoy a week 5 re- match in the regional finals.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Nice turf field. Marietta College uses this field along with Marietta HS. Older stadium but newer turf and track.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Good Luck to The Burg!!! Make us proud!!! I don't know much about MC, but I know alot about The Burg, and if you put them on Turf, it will be a trackmeet. And my money will be on The Burg. I hate that you have to go so far away, but you have a great team, and you will be able to handle it.

Good Luck, show them how we play football, down here on the River!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:

Where did you see that at? There is nothing on the OHSAA website that says where it is being played at.

i just called the school and they told me the game is at marietta college. it is about a hr closer

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

Bushy Tail Butcher wrote:
.... show them how we play football, down here on the River!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

Monroe County is located on the same river isn't it ?? :)

Return to “Football”