D4 - Region 15: (#8) Alexander at (#1) Amanda-Clearcreek

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

acespop
Waterboy

Re: D4 - Region 15: (#8) Alexander at (#1) Amanda-Clearcreek

Post by acespop »

TIGERS90 wrote:
falcon01 wrote:Ac probably would have won the region if they're coach would have been more worried about staying healthy for the playoffs.. Instead of trying to run up the score on a BAD team because it's " senior night". Well they got caught up in it and list their best player and heart and soul of their team. I bet now they wish they would have just played young kids after the first quarter last week.

Ac will probably still demolish Alexander, but then things will get tough for them. I can't see them beating ironton or Heath.

As I said earlier...they weren't on the same level as Ironton before they lost their big back...they just didn't have the whole team...they have three good linemen on the offensive line...and one of those linemen is a good linebacker...They are a good team...just not what many are trying to believe they are...

Dilley was a big back...and was really quick for his size..would have started on any team in the region...however...had there been a decent team on the other side of the field...he wouldn't have gotten the yardage that he ran for against them...not close....many of the things they got away with last friday would have been shut down by a decent team...

I didn't say that 88 was the primary reciever...actually it seems that 32 caught most of the passes...however...they almost always passed the ball when 88 entered the game...

Also...yes..there were many starters in the game mid way through the fourth quarter...everyone around me were talking about it and asking why...especially after dilley was hurt...

Every opposing big talker has said the same thing " our defense can stop them" but NOONE has. Ironville won't either. You must have been listening to the BC sideline or as I said before at the wrong game. Starter's sat even the back-up kicker was used LOST ONE. 8 differant guys caught balls from two( yes the back-up played and 4 complete threw passes) quarterbacks. You don't know much do you?

acespop
Waterboy

Post by acespop »

tigger90 you should worry about Heath. tou might not make it to an Amanda match-up.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

I have always thought that amanda has had a good team in the past...as they have...this year's team just didn't impress me...maybe I was wrong...but my buddy that traveled to watch amanda play last saturday is from piketon...and he wanted to see amanda's team...partially because of the coach..seeing he is from piketon...We wanted nothing more than to come away from there thinking the best for Amanda as a team...but after watching them...We both weren't very impressed...sorry...Hopefully we are both wrong...I don't believe we are...but maybe we are...however...even with the big back...I wasn't impressed...I was impressed by the kicker...he is a good one...and #32 is a solid player...your second back has some quickness....but I can't see it working out much further...not too many teams will play as bad of defense as did carol

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

Its very easy to get on here and second-guess a coach when a starter gets hurt in a basically meaningless game.....

However, it is very different when you are in that coaches shoes and it is senior night and you have kids that you have watched grow and develop through the years and now it is "their time to shine" and you want to jerk them out of the game and say "get ready for next week"??????

Sure that looks like the right decision now, after knowing that the kid got hurt. But that is not a very easy call to make without the luxory of hind-sight.

What if you take a kid out early to save him for next week and he breaks his leg walking across the street the next day? Now as a coach you are thinking "This kid will never play again, and I stole his last great moment as a football player by taking him out too early".

It just isn't as easy as it seems. Nobody wants to lose a starter, but you also hate to rob kids of an experience that they have worked so hard for, just because you are worried that something bad MIGHT happen......

acespop
Waterboy

Post by acespop »

tigger90 you watch Amanda. play a 2-8 team then advertise that you know how to stop us. 66-13 What more did you expect. 100 yard runs on every play. The talent across the field wasn't there so by your logic Amanda can't play. That is as bad as your scouting report. You have no credibility. Your buddy whose he Pete Carrol, Mack Brown. You guys have memories from years ago that measure the size and speed and heart of Amanda 's team. The '99 team threw for less than 550 yrds. and won a state championship.
And maybe some of the team's Ironton play were strong compared to ironton. But Logan beat Hamilton Township 49-7. Amanda beat HT 45-6. And guess who beat Ironton 21-7. Kinda shows the level of your schedule.

Get ready for the STOMP

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

acespop....your wasting your time with the great tigers90...he knows all...even when a team beats them 4 years in a row....gives them no credit....his tiggers not that tough...can't pass at all and gonna get them beat too...wouldn't take too much his account of ACES.....went to fairfield union game and was impressed.....hope the tiggers do get to play with Amanda...hopefully at Logan....but don't think they will make it....Heath will BEAT them...and good.....GOOD LUCK POPS.....ACES LOOKIN GOOD TO ME.....show them 1 guy is not going to matter....these boys are tough....a 78- GRAD AND PROUD OF IT.....GO ACES....BRING HOME ANOTHER ONE ;-) oh thats right the tiggers are only ones who have won one.....kinda like the 60's browns with the great one....living in the past...70's...oh my :shock: :-D :!:

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

That's why they play the games...all match-ups are enjoyable to watch in the playoffs...anything can happen..especially when you have good coaches involved which we have many...

ccfan
Waterboy

Post by ccfan »

mstangmom wrote:CCfan I got to go to dayton Sat. but doing everything I can to get back in time for this game. If everything I know about the Aces from the past holds true I don't see the loss of one kid on the field stopping them from obtaining thier goal. Been awhile since I made the trip to the PIT, where would you suggest is the best parking for people who are just coming to watch?

Don't know if you've been here since the new HS has been built, but that is where the majority of the parking is at. If your getting here last minute you could try above the field at the new gradeschool lot as well (off of school st.). Oak st. (in particular) is one of a few sidestreets above the field where you might find a spot and a easy walk down to the field, (also off of school st.)

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

acespop wrote:falcon01 I don't know who you support but would you ask your seniors to sit out senior night. You have hub disease. The starters knew they were done after the first half. Heck on my senior night we snuck back on the field because the reserve were going to let up a score in the last minute. Mr. Dilley got hurt in the second quarter by a kid who wasn't man enough to take him on and threw a helmet into hsi ankles.Any player can be hurt on any play. I believe Alex lost a starter on week 8. Coach Hinton has my vote as coach of the year in the state going 3-7 to 10-0.

I was under the impression that he broke his femur (thigh bone)?!? Is that correct, or no?

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

judge_smales wrote:
falcon01 wrote:Ac probably would have won the region if they're coach would have been more worried about staying healthy for the playoffs.. Instead of trying to run up the score on a BAD team because it's " senior night". Well they got caught up in it and list their best player and heart and soul of their team. I bet now they wish they would have just played young kids after the first quarter last week.

Ac will probably still demolish Alexander, but then things will get tough for them. I can't see them beating ironton or Heath.

That's a horrible thing to say about one of the best coaches in the state of Ohio. It happened about 6 minutes into the second quarter, every coach would still have his starters in then. That could have happened on the first play of the game.....

Offense wins games DEFENSE wins championships!!!!!

GO ACES!!!!!!!

Judge,
But, you are forgetting that this very (eerily) similar thing happened back in 95'. Last game of year or early in playoffs??? I don't recall. I do think that Hinton is a very good coach and it is football. But this makes two stud running backs who have been injured similarly in games where the outcome had already been decided. Not trying to knock BC in any way....but does anyone think they were going to make a comeback in that game?

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

GUYS THERE WAS STILL 6 MINUTES IN SECOND QUARTER.....give coach a break...was probably last series he was going to play....happens in football...you'll see how they rally around him and coach.....big mistake to take them lightly.....hopefully tigers90 ...get to find that out ;-) Aces will be fine.....and a tough team to beat...this defense is a toughie....so lay off the coach....he's one of the best in ohio and has proved it :shock: :-D :!:

acespop
Waterboy

Post by acespop »

The news I have from my player is Garren broke both the tib and fib. He will be having rods inserted this week to minimize time in a cast. He might be able to return to competition for our third wrestling meet.

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

Alexander head coach Sean Arno was a guest on the "Sears Sports Fan" on 970 WATH-AM earlier tonight. Brian Boesch and Bryan Levin had a chance to talk with coach Arno about the game with the Aces.

You can listen back to the show at this link:

http://thesportsfan.mypodcast.com/2009/ ... 54983.html

Thanks!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

score???????

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

Saturday game 7pm will be broadcast on power 105.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LEROY wrote:Saturday game 7pm will be broadcast on power 105.

I can't keep track any more

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Orange and Brown wrote:
LEROY wrote:Saturday game 7pm will be broadcast on power 105.

I can't keep track any more

You were not Alone. I thought the game was being played tonight also :lol: :lol:

ervbaseball13
Riding the Bench

Post by ervbaseball13 »

I don't know why you Amanda fans are giving 90 what he wants. You all are on here defending your team like you should but you all don't have to explain nothing to anyone in the state of Ohio about your football team. We all know already. Those State Championship banners you all have should say enough. When you have a winning program like Amanda in football,everybody wants to be you and everybody wants to beat you. Jealous is a great word to describe it.Telling your record and and explaining things for 90 their is no need for it. Do you really care what that person thinks? Do you think he is right in his acessment of your team? I have not been to a game of yours this year but have in the past and I'm good friends with some die hard Ace fans and have been for a while now so i hear alot about your team and they hear alot about ours(Alexander). Now we don't have to tell each other about our teams we get the pleasure of watching our two teams play. From what they tell me this 90 person is way off. The biggest thing is this game is with Alex and Amanda, not Ironton and Amanda. Both set of fans from Amanda and Ironton should not look past the team at hand or underestimate any team they play. When you do that it seems to always come back and bite you. I been around alot of sports from really young kids to college athletes and have seen a big time player get hurt and crush a team mentally. Seen it happen first hand with our big hitting 3rd baseman in our college tournament, you should had seen the look on our teams face. 90 did say one thing I do like and Chris Berman says it all the time on sportscenter. And thats why we play the games. I will be their to watch the game in support of my team the Spartans but I will be hanging out with my friends from Amanda. Good luck to my Spartans and I hope we show all the people that think this is a gimme game for Amanda they are wrong.

spartacat
Freshman Team

Post by spartacat »

Good luck Spartans! Keep believing in what you have done all season long. You have a school, community and county cheering for you!

GreasyRidgeGuru
Waterboy

Post by GreasyRidgeGuru »

I saw AC at the beginning of the year when they beat my LU Lions. AC will put a good beat down on Alexander, IMO. Dilley is a BEAST, and I hate to hear what happened .. And, I can attest to what the AC fan said earlier about local teams "hating" the Aces.lol I respect them now and am friends with Ron Hinton, but man I hated that school from pee-wee up thru HS! lol ...although back them we beat them(late 80's)
They are a small town and always have been. Yeah, the by-pass may help them in the futue,as someone mentioned, but for the last 20 years or so, they've developed darn good football teams, comprised of small town kids and farm kids. Good luck through the playoffs Amanda CC!

Return to “Football”