D5 - Region 19: (#6) Ridgewood at (#3) Minford

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#6) Ridgewood at (#3) Minford

Post by NewEra »

Daniels and Co will have em coached up for this game. I look for the falcon defense to play the best game all season. I'm interested to see who if anyone is specifically keying on Conrad.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

IMO it will take a concerted group effort to contain this young man...I know that we can contain him its just that you have to be relentless, no arm tackling. I know that he was injured earlier in the season with an ankle problem, I believe thats why you see a slight decline in his numbers there for a few games. Minfords defense "can" be nasty at times and enjoy laying the wood on RB's when they get their chances, so this should be a very interesting matchup.

I wonder how good their defense is :?:

Once an Oak
Waterboy

Post by Once an Oak »

Congratulations and good luck Falcons. Represent the SOC with a win. You've had a great season----keep it going.

junedawg14
Riding the Bench

Post by junedawg14 »

Is the playoff bracket out yet?

Stryker
Riding the Bench

Post by Stryker »

The brackets are out on the OHSAA web site.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Ridgewood

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Well ridgewood looks to have played a soft schedule, but in the playoffs everyone is good and you don't go 10-0 by mistake. I've heard that they run a wing-t offense at times, but I read on the coshocton tribune that they put that running back at QB, basically they just get him the ball. It sounds like if we can stop him we can stop them. If Minford could handle pendleton and schankweiler, I have a hard time beleiving this kid is better than those two. His stats are off the charts but if we only had one running back instead of the four I'm sure we'd have one with unreal numbers too. I think they home field is going to be huge in Minfords favor this week, It sure is tought to make those long drives and play all in the same day. Let's Go Red, take another step forward this week for this team and the progam.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

They have and will use Conrad in the Wildcat.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Ridgewood runs a traditional wing-t...they like to trap and counter you to death, they use misdirection in the backfield to confuse the defense...Minford must stay at home, even though they playa chaotic style of defense...Conrad is their best player...he ran pretty well against West...they like to talk a lot of trash on the field, Minford must keep their head, and they have a very nice punt fake where the snap goes to the up back and the up back throws the ball to the tight end on a 10 yard seam

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

if they run the wing-t they will have more than 1 back so you cant only worry about him. sounds like they have a good line. Minford must have a good game on defense and the offense needs to keep Ridgewood guessing. the Falcons still have a part of there offense they havent used much this year that could open things up more. good luck Minford.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Well we made it, and I am so happy that my Falcons have a home playoff game. Even though we only played half a game last Friday, we are in!!
It feels good to be playing at Home, hopefully, we will not let the whole SOC II down, this week. We will have to play 4 quarters, if we are going to win in the playoffs.

Congrats to all area teams that made the playoffs. It really looks good for our area to have so many teams in. And it looks like, with the match-ups, that will should have a few schools make the second round.

I don't know much about Ridgewood, just what I'm reading from the Sider's. But I do know how good my Falcons can play, when they want to, and I think that they can pull this one out. I think that if we come out and play D-fense, like we can, our O-fense can win the game.

And a Huge, Thank You, to all area posters, for your support!!!! It feels good to see some of you, on here, with kind word for my Falcons. Hope you can make it to the game, we can use all the support we can get!!!

If you can make it, Minford is planning a WHITE OUT, for Friday, so wear your white, and help us out!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Its very simple. The Conrad kid is their Mr. Everything. If we arm tackle in the backfield like we did the second half against Valley, he will run all over us. The ends and D line must stay at home, keep containment and break down and make tackles. Our blitzing worked well against Valley but we didnt make the wide open tackles in the backfield. The kids were jacked up and there was alot of overpursuing.

I watched Ridgewood's highlights. They look good. Very athletic. The Conrad kid looks to be good size and is fast. Cant let him see daylight. IMO he is going to get yards....just contain what he is able to do to us and keep him in front of the secondary.

We are going to have to play 4 quarters of solid football. No doubt we can do it. The fans and community will be cheering hard for the Falcons Friday night!

I will take Minford 21-14

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Red, you are right. The Coach blitzed, and put people in the backfield all night. But, they didn't make the tackles. I've never seen so many missed tackles. It doesn't do any good to make a great call, by the coaches, if you don't make the play.

If the running back is that good, our D-fense is really going to have to step it up!!!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

If its the wing -T they run Minford should know all about it since they run it too. But like said earlier, Minford has 4 RB to carry the ball, a running QB and two great WR. If all they got is the Conrad kid it shouldn't be hard to press them to go to their other RB to force them to win the game. They only played two teams with winning records. They must be sick of coming to SE Ohio every year by now. Go Falcons!
Minford - 28
Ridgewood - 14

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Well season number 2 starts today. It's the playoffs and anything can happen now. I think Minford shouldn't have too much trouble stopping the wing-t since the coaches and players know it very well, of course that same logic could work against Minford as well. The Falcons just need to have another good week of practice this week and I think they'll be fine on friday.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Ridgewood RB is listed as 5'10" 185lbs. He looks pretty fast on the links. I would say he is a type of runner like Shankweiler from Burg....about the same size and a faster, shifty runner.

But unlike Burg, I dont see a Craigmiles and Lang in the backfield to go with him. Looks like if you control #5 you control Ridgewood :122249

They do run alot of counters and traps. Minford LB's and DE are gonna have to step up and make tackles. We must play defense alot like we did against West and eliminate the one threat and make another player from Ridgewood step up if they are gonna beat us. I am sure that their back is gonna get through the line no matter how well we play D, so the safety and corners have to make tackles and eliminate huge runs.

Bushy- I sure would like to see #7 from Minford playing LB this week! Putting him beside #27 makes it really hard to run the ball against our Falcons!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

I look for Minford to be ready. This is no time to rest on past laurels and they know that. The only game that matters is this week's game. Ridgewood's primary back is not as big as Pendelton, but I would say he is faster and more explosive so the arm tackling won't work. Tackle like we did against West and the defense will do fine. You cannot dismiss the other backs (Landis and Wiggins) though because they have had good seasons as well (Ridgewood rushed for 3,000+ yards), but it is obvious who needs to be contained. As far as offense, Minford just needs to focus on what got us here and continue to execute, sustain blocks, and play to the last whistle. Minford has played a tougher schedule and I think that will be a major plus in our favor.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

According to the brackets, If Minford wins Friday they will play the winner or Oak Hill Coal Grove winner. How great is that! Neutral sites would be Jackson, PHS or Ironton either way less than 1/2 drive to watch them.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

marshallman wrote:According to the brackets, If Minford wins Friday they will play the winner or Oak Hill Coal Grove winner. How great is that! Neutral sites would be Jackson, PHS or Ironton either way less than 1/2 drive to watch them.

IF we take care of business Friday night we have a nice road to avenge the loss earlier in the year to OH or play CG again, both good teams, then to the Regional finals to hopefully rematch Burg.

I think we can shut down Ridgewoods Mr Everything and pull out the win.

GO FALCONS!

Stu Pedasso
Waterboy

Post by Stu Pedasso »

I feel this falcon team truly controls it's own destiny,one game at a time, playing with the zeal they have shown at times during conference play, but it has to be for all 4 quarters.I am so proud to be a falcon alumnus and wish them well , I see them winning the region, but only if they believe and want it,. will it happen. I believe ,but to read jjhuddle so does Ridgewood,I am so tired of the lack of respect for the S.O.C. , I would like to make a believer out of these northern fans.

Return to “Football”