R19: 5) Wheelersburg vs. 1) Fredericktown@ Nelsonville York

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

BigOrangeOne
S

Re: D5 - R19: (5) Wheelersburg vs. (1) Fredericktown

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Orange and Brown wrote:
RT.33 Runs through the middle of the state!! We are not in the middle of nowhere!!!

But we don't live in the middle of the state!! :shock: :shock: :lol:

BigOrangeOne
S

Re: R19: 5) Wheelersburg vs. 1) Fredericktown@ Nelsonville York

Post by BigOrangeOne »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: You can drive from Nelsonville to downtown Columbus in one hour.

Nor do we live in Columbus. :shock: :shock: :lol:

I think the real problem is WE live in the middle of nowhere and have to drive up 27 hollers, across 32 ridges and across 42 railroad tracks TO GET TO RT. 33 !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I am very sorry that both schools will have to come so far for a game. I will tell you that we will do our best to treat you well. We have a nice facility and we are excited to be hosting this week. Have a great time and let me say Welcome to Nelsonville!!!!

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Orange and Brown wrote:I am very sorry that both schools will have to come so far for a game. I will tell you that we will do our best to treat you well. We have a nice facility and we are excited to be hosting this week. Have a great time and let me say Welcome to Nelsonville!!!!

Thanks OnB. I'm sure you treat all folks well and I have no doubt the "Burgites" will enjoy being there.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This pretty much seals the deal for me. I'll be there for sure. I'll see who I can round up to come with me to support the Burg. Oh geesh, you never know! Demaniac - Opportunity #2 to meet me. Burg Grad 77 - We will meet up again.

This week, I'll be on the visitor's side with all of the Burg faithful!

Go Pirates!

football
Waterboy

Post by football »

Neutron Man

Maybe you should change you post to saying the burg can't win and they can't do this or that. Seems to bring some luck maybe. Just a suggestion lol. Should of been talking about what the Burg does well. And do it well they do

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

football wrote:Neutron Man

Maybe you should change you post to saying the burg can't win and they can't do this or that. Seems to bring some luck maybe. Just a suggestion lol. Should of been talking about what the Burg does well. And do it well they do

Amen- i always wondered which team he supports :-D

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Glad to hear it wasn't just me, and I'm an outsider. :roll: :roll: :roll:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Very interesting matchup.
I should be there! Since the Burg plays on Friday and Ironton plays on saturday, maybe I should just get a motel room up there and spend friday night there. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations wheelersburg on a great victory, here's where those brutal schedules help. keep on rockin. from this tiger fan. ytb. :-D

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

football wrote:Neutron Man

You Guys are Great!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I ALWAYS give criticism, And follow it up with but I hope they win. I also posted several times after the how good they looked. And pointed out a lot of positives, but also negatives that should be watched for next week.
I guess I am the only one here that knows how to see a bad in a team when its not all berries and balloons.
Every game has weeds and stick pins! Nobody wants to pick em out though. It's just well they won regardless of how pretty.

So let's get one thing clear people and mark it down so we don't forget. I do root for Burg and always will, but I will continue to point out what I think is negatives. If that is a good luck charm, GREAT!! I hope it works!! If what I say offends you, sorry. I am not intending to offend, just bring up my view of the game.

This week, I think Burg will do very well. Though the passing DEF could use some work. I talked to 2 Burg Parents today, won't mention names, but they to also think there is a few flaws in their game that probably will cost them in the playoffs. Pretty much the same views as I have. I hear it a bunch. I guess I'm the only one who gets on here and voices it though.

Go Burg!!
Go Burg!!
Go Burg!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yeah and you said that the lack of a passing defense will cost them the game. Well, that is the second team this year that has thrown for over 200 yards against them and they are 2-0 in those games.

Like I said on the other thread, Burg has always had that bend but don't break attitude towards a passing team. Look at all of those great passing waverly teams they have played over the years. They more than held there own against them.

I think that whoever plays the Burg probably is not worrying about how they are going to score but rather how are they going to stop the Burg from scoring? How many teams have had 3 players rush for over a 100 yards in a game? You key on one and hold him to under 50 yards that one or the other of the three that rushes for over 200 yards. I would venture to guess that the Fredericktown scouts left that game the other night shaking there heads on how they were going to stop the "three-headed monster"

Good luck Pirates. Is it Friday yet????

tony181stewart
Riding the Bench

Post by tony181stewart »

fredericktown will be to much for the burg. Fredericktown 43 - wheelersburg 27

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Yeah and you said that the lack of a passing defense will cost them the game. Well, that is the second team this year that has thrown for over 200 yards against them and they are 2-0 in those games.

Like I said on the other thread, Burg has always had that bend but don't break attitude towards a passing team. Look at all of those great passing waverly teams they have played over the years. They more than held there own against them.

I think that whoever plays the Burg probably is not worrying about how they are going to score but rather how are they going to stop the Burg from scoring? How many teams have had 3 players rush for over a 100 yards in a game? You key on one and hold him to under 50 yards that one or the other of the three that rushes for over 200 yards. I would venture to guess that the Fredericktown scouts left that game the other night shaking there heads on how they were going to stop the "three-headed monster"

Good luck Pirates. Is it Friday yet????

It would be difficult for the Freddies scouts that's for sure!
Burg showed them a great game.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I have heard rumblings about Woodward a lot over this year, espicially about the offense, I've questioned him myself...but the man has won two playoff games in two years, can't be too upset with that, and if he wins this one he went as far as Lewis did in his tenure...He has the team to be able to win the region, Ridgewood looks great this year, if they beat Oak Hill (like I feel they will) that would be a tough game for Burg, but if they beat the Freddies (probably the best team in the region right now), I think they get over the hump and win the region...Burg must, by all costs, have good deep kickoffs and good punts from Whitley and Lang...they also need a big play or two from Craigmiles, he is one of the fastest D5 players I have seen, honestly...So, burg has the talent, and the experience to win this one...but, the thing that separate really good teams from the great ones is the ability to keep going through the grind, that is what ended West last year, in my opinion...I think Burg peaked just at the right time to make a deep run...

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I dont think the Freddies will win by that much, if they win. They have a really good runner in #23 and a pretty solid QB. But I dont think he is quite as good as Dierkes is.

Also, a 3 headed monster is a sider name. We need to rename it.

I liked Lang running friday night. Really is hard to figure a scout team to portray Lang, shank, and Craigmiles. Maybe Hall will have a huge game this week.

Anywho, our oline needs to pay attention all week to the coaches and learn from the films. They are doing a real good job right now but they cant go in this one thinking they will dominate. Coach Beal for F will have the dline submarining us every play and we will need to adjust quickly. Unbalanced lines and quick pitches may work real well in this game.

Freddies used that quick hitter to their TE well against us a few years ago. We need someone to stand this guy up at the LOS. And our tackling must get alot better. Guys have to wrap instead of thinking the kid will go down with a hard hit. I just cant stand that! We could have lessened the blow friday night if we were able to bring the guy down on first contact. Too many times in all games! Cudos to Jeb and Zack on the dline last friday. Dierkes did make alot of plays for MC but in alot, he did it because he was pressured out. We just need to do a better job of coming up to make a stop. Should be easier this week. Dierkes was unbelievable.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

How about the SPEAR! /\ We have the spear, Craigmiles, Shank and Lang!!HAHA. That'll be the Freddies new slogan, "Stop the Spear"!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

sider wrote:I have heard rumblings about Woodward a lot over this year, espicially about the offense, I've questioned him myself...but the man has won two playoff games in two years, can't be too upset with that, and if he wins this one he went as far as Lewis did in his tenure...He has the team to be able to win the region, Ridgewood looks great this year, if they beat Oak Hill (like I feel they will) that would be a tough game for Burg, but if they beat the Freddies (probably the best team in the region right now), I think they get over the hump and win the region...Burg must, by all costs, have good deep kickoffs and good punts from Whitley and Lang...they also need a big play or two from Craigmiles, he is one of the fastest D5 players I have seen, honestly...So, burg has the talent, and the experience to win this one...but, the thing that separate really good teams from the great ones is the ability to keep going through the grind, that is what ended West last year, in my opinion...I think Burg peaked just at the right time to make a deep run...

Couldnt agree more. One thing for certain, the farther you get into the playoffs the more the adjustments during the game are critical. Burg did a good job vs MC with multiple looks on both the offense and defensive sets. If they can keep that up, look out.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I would think that most of the NY fans who attend this game will be pulling for Wheelersburg, and most NY fans will sit on the home side........so you guys should hear chears from both sides of the stands on Friday night! :-D

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

I would think that most of the NY fans would stand and save the seats for the fans that are directly involved!

Return to “Football”