D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) Ridgewood at Lancaster

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

buckeye21
JV Team

Re: D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) Ridgewood at Lancaster

Post by buckeye21 »

rico suave wrote:i guess slone wasn't waving to the crowd all game long like last week. he is a little too cocky for his britches. he is good but as an outsider watching him last week it turned me against him. just play the game and be done with it but he was trying to bring attention to himself all game last week. what goes around comes around.

Slone may have came off that way to an outside observer but the kid is far from cocky and most of the team was waiving to the crowd so if you say that he was trying to bring attention to himself then I guess the rest of the team was as well. They were all excited because it was our very first playoff game and they all have seen and been through the struggles that the football team has went through in the past. He is a great kid, does great in the classroom from what I hear, and works his butt off everyday on the football field. Next time your run your mouth about someone at least know something about them!

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Let me remind everyone again that these are kids!!!!!! I can't believe the stuff I hear people say about kids playing a game. As buckeye21 said, You don't know the kid at all. He is a great kid, a great student. He is a very respectful kid and not cocky at all. It amazes me how some get their kicks tearing down kids.

People should be saying what a great game it was played by two very good football teams. Both teams played extremely hard. Both communities should be proud. Instead we get people who just want to criticize kids they have never met because they are jealous, envious or have some kind of vendetta against the school or the team.

Good luck Ridgewood in the regional finals.

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

Congrats Oaks on a good season.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

demaniac1 wrote:
mikenmike wrote:
Da Bears wrote: I say their speed isn't that much greater than Oak Hill's but the Oaks strength and balanced offense will give them the edge.

You will be surprised at how fast ridgewood is. I didn't think that they would be any faster then burg until I saw them play :oops: .

I agree with the FIRST statement! :12223 .

OAKIES, from the STOKIES, HAMMER!!

GET THE WIN!!

Looks like you should have agreed with the SECOND statement! :lol:

Congrats to the oaks on a great season. Could be a scary good team next year

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

It wasn't really Ridgewood's speed on offense that beat Oak Hill. It was the speed of their LB's that caused the problem. I am not saying they're not fast, but I don't think they were any faster than Burg. Blown coverages hurt Oak Hill more than their speed on offense. #5 was pretty much contained on offense. He was an outstanding defensive player though.

I still believe that Oak Hill and Minford are as good as Ridgewood. Ridgewood just made made a couple more plays against Oak Hill. Minford shot themselves in the foot when they played Ridgewood. That is just my opinion.

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

sider wrote:Barring disaster or mental breakdown, Oak Hill will be scary next year...possibly challenging for the region...I could see them, West, and Burg all in the mix next year

sider.... what kinda dream world do you live in? thinking West will be any better next year as long as they keep that awful head coach. Unless we wait until we have another group of seniors who have been held back at least one year like we had in "08 this coach will never beat playoff calliber teams...JMHO

CONGRATS OAK HILL ON A GOOD SEASON

BeatsInThaSoutheast
Waterboy

Post by BeatsInThaSoutheast »

anybody who says nothing should be said about refs, must have been watching a different game?
did you not see the holding they were not calling? and the time they were running off the clock, calling in bounds when it was out.
oh well great season. GREAT SEASON OAK HILL!
OAK HILL FANS LOVE THEIR SPORTS SO WE SHOUT AT WHO WE WANT!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I dont have a dog one in this fight, I am from Piketon, but if and this is and if, if Oak Hill would have kept running between the tackles this game would probably have been different. No offense to Ridgewood, but they didnt have a player over 6'0, 170 it looked like on defense. Oak Hills offensive line was big and strong and when they ran down hill, Ridgewood had trouble. Now, Ridgewood could get the corner on that jet sweep and they made nice adjustments to it by tucking it inside the TE in the 2nd half. However, I thought the better team was beat, and out coached.

As for the refs, they didnt decide this game, but that head ref definately showed himself, after he missed that obvious hold by Ridgewood with them on the 20 in the early 4th and came to the sideline in a dead sprint to confront an assistant for Oak Hill then threw the flag which looked like an unsportsmanlike on the assistant, then after 5 minute discussion with the head coach changed it to a sideline warning! lol

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Last night was the first time I had been able to watch the Oaks this year. I would say that I picked a good one to watch.

I needn't say anything about Slone. The kid does a good job and has the right stuff. I also thought #78 (I think his last name was Cannon) really looked like a player for the Oaks last night. #32 also runs well for OH.

Ridgewood was just frakkin' FAST!

The refs are just the refs. By now anybody on this forum has probably seen enough high school football to know that there are good crews and bad crews, as well as bad refs mixed with good refs on crews. That's just the way it is.

It was amusing how the Referee came charging over to the OH sideline at one point in the fourth quarter. I think it's safe to say that his handling of the disputed call left some room for improved professionalism, no? :oops:

I was really disappointed in my fellow Oak Hill fans when they booed their own coach and his decision at the end of the first half, though. :122247 :122247

Things definitely continue to look rosy for the Oaks next season.

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Post by DASANI »

Keep your head up oaks. GREAT SEASON. Westen Hale you are a TANK! The oaks WILL be back next year mark my words.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:I just got back from this one and I.M.O. the better coached team won this one.

Oak Hill was much better than I thought they would be.

Ridgewood seemed to know where to be almost all of the time on defense but came up a few steps short a lot.

Being I had no dog in this fight I can say the refs did a nice job from what I was able to see.

Ridgewood is FAST! it seems like watching them you are holding your breath for someone to break away.
Their Defense is fast as well! Wow!
Oaks did a nice job! Congrats on a great season.

Some of the moves by the coaches baffle me too!
Field Goal when the kicker hadn't come close to making a kick all night?
Having Ridgewood rekick before half. don't think it would have mattered.

Oak Hill looked pretty fast to or maybe they just kept taking the right path to the ball.

RHSIVCSOCI&IICHAMP
Waterboy

Post by RHSIVCSOCI&IICHAMP »

This message is not a direct attack on any specific fan of the south eastern football threads, IT IS FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!! The WOOD didnt have anyone on defense over 6 ft, 170 lbs, they were smaller, and oak hill did smack them around. They got up EVERY TIME! Quit crying about the refs! BOOOHOOOOOO! You Lost!

As for Minford and Oak Hill still being as good as the WOOD, OBVIOUSLY NOT!

From where I saw the game oak hills players and coaches seemed to be very classy and respectful. As for your so called "fans"....... not so much!

Shame on all of you who brought out the boooooo birds at half time and throwing your coaching staff under the bus already. I am sure they did exactly what they thought they would need to do to WIN!

WOODS 2009 season accomplishments thus far: 6 out of 7 last IVC Titles, 7th straight playoff appearence, and now SOC I&II CHAMPS

Next are the Freddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I am not going to get into specifics just cause I don't want to think about the game very much. lol I am one of those fans that losses stick with them for a few days and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I will say however that these two posts sum everything up pretty well. Was there bad calls absolutely. And it wasn't that there were many bad calls they were just at the exact wrong time for my Oakies. When you get down to it though Ridgewood stepped up when OH was in the redzone 3 times. But anyways could posts by these two gentlemen or ladies give or take a few thoughts.

KarlAgathon wrote:Last night was the first time I had been able to watch the Oaks this year. I would say that I picked a good one to watch.

I needn't say anything about Slone. The kid does a good job and has the right stuff. I also thought #78 (I think his last name was Cannon) really looked like a player for the Oaks last night. #32 also runs well for OH.

Ridgewood was just frakkin' FAST!

The refs are just the refs. By now anybody on this forum has probably seen enough high school football to know that there are good crews and bad crews, as well as bad refs mixed with good refs on crews. That's just the way it is.

It was amusing how the Referee came charging over to the OH sideline at one point in the fourth quarter. I think it's safe to say that his handling of the disputed call left some room for improved professionalism, no? :oops:

I was really disappointed in my fellow Oak Hill fans when they booed their own coach and his decision at the end of the first half, though. :122247 :122247

Things definitely continue to look rosy for the Oaks next season.

eagles73 wrote:I dont have a dog one in this fight, I am from Piketon, but if and this is and if, if Oak Hill would have kept running between the tackles this game would probably have been different. No offense to Ridgewood, but they didnt have a player over 6'0, 170 it looked like on defense. Oak Hills offensive line was big and strong and when they ran down hill, Ridgewood had trouble. Now, Ridgewood could get the corner on that jet sweep and they made nice adjustments to it by tucking it inside the TE in the 2nd half. However, I thought the better team was beat, and out coached.

As for the refs, they didnt decide this game, but that head ref definately showed himself, after he missed that obvious hold by Ridgewood with them on the 20 in the early 4th and came to the sideline in a dead sprint to confront an assistant for Oak Hill then threw the flag which looked like an unsportsmanlike on the assistant, then after 5 minute discussion with the head coach changed it to a sideline warning! lol

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Also good quotes by the coaches

Ridgewood
“You know, I’d rather not start games like that,” Ridgewood coach John Slusser said. “I’d rather we jump out like 20-0. But our kids are resilient kids. Oak Hill is, too. This game could have went either way. Oak Hill is every bit as good as we are and. It was a well played game between two good teams. Tonight we just made more plays. If we played tomorrow, it might be different.”

Oak Hill
“Hats off to Ridgewood,” Phillips said. “They’re a real good team – as good as advertised. I felt like we could have played better and I’ll take responsibility (because) we could have coached better. They’re a hurting bunch right now, but there are hundreds of teams in this state who would like to be at 11-1 right now with a chance to win their conference championship.”

“The bottom line is the sun’s going to come up tomorrow,” Phillips said. “We’re going to take a week off, come back and hit the weights, and see if we can go a game or two further. That’s the dream. That’s what we talk about. That’s what we set forth and we’re not stopping until we get there.”

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Congrats Oaks on your season..Congrats Ridgewood and good luck next week. Think it will be Ridgewood on top.

paramedic192
Waterboy

Post by paramedic192 »

Great Season Oak Hill!

Once an Oak
Waterboy

Post by Once an Oak »

Like a previous post stated, I thought the difference in the game was the way Ridgewood took the corners away from our sweeps and the coverage on our receivers. Though extremely fast on offense, Ridgewood did a nice job of neutralizing a couple of our best areas. I was really impressed with the kicker. I thought all season that Kyle did a great job, but that kid was very impressive. From the stats that I read in the Telegram, the game played out fairly evenly. So given even stats, it comes down to a few crucial plays. They made 'em, we didn't.
Thanks for a great season Oaks and Coaches.

Return to “Football”