SOC All-League Honors

muletownmom08
Waterboy

Re: SOC All-League Honors

Post by muletownmom08 »

ThurstonHowellIII wrote:yes indeed...cant see how a first year varsity player and sophomore can get it ahead of well deserving juniors and seniors. too bad that factors other than on field play go into picking the conference and district teams. not trying to get anything started but there are some glaring oversights and others that well i'll just leave it at it makes you shake your head.

you are killing me, just because a kid is first year varsity doesn't mean he doesn't deserve 1st team, wish you would quit your whinning, and no i don't have any kids even playing on any of the teams, but give the kids the credit they deserve!!!!!!!!!!!, congrats to all the kids

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

wow, sounds like someones little jonnny didnt make it... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i
Last edited by bushmaster24 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

muletownmom08
Waterboy

Post by muletownmom08 »

bushmaster24 wrote:wow, sounds like someones little jonnny did make it... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i

i really wish you people would learn to read, no as i said before i dont have any kids playing on any of the teams, my son graduated a long time ago, played football since third grade and no he didnt make any soc team and no i am not bitter, i just know how much these kids from every school loves the game and puts the time in and deserve any credit they get, no matter what grade they are in.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

not you mommmaaa, the THURSTON III comments
Last edited by bushmaster24 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

muletownmom08
Waterboy

Post by muletownmom08 »

bushmaster24 wrote:not you mommmaaa, the TRUSTON III comments

my bad, sorry

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

lets here it THURSTON III.... how many sophs are u talking about . what team lets hear ... dont be SHY!!!!! iam looking right now you made it ...tell me your your changes ???? for future recommendations????
Last edited by bushmaster24 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

ThurstonHowellIII wrote:yes indeed...cant see how a first year varsity player and sophomore can get it ahead of well deserving juniors and seniors. too bad that factors other than on field play go into picking the conference and district teams. not trying to get anything started but there are some glaring oversights and others that well i'll just leave it at it makes you shake your head.

Well by your standards the heisman should only go to a senior or junior evey year. Obviously the west fans are just all upset because their precious little "d1 athlete", "best rb/lb ever from this area" didn't win a award. If you would have watched Tyler gaines this year then you would have realized how valuable he really is to minford, and is very deserving of the award. The difference in him and pendleton is minford fans didn't run their mouths about how great he is, not to mention he actualy plays with class.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

ThurstonHowellIII wrote:yes indeed...cant see how a first year varsity player and sophomore can get it ahead of well deserving juniors and seniors. [b]too bad that factors other than on field play go into picking the conference and district teams[/b]. not trying to get anything started but there are some glaring oversights and others that well i'll just leave it at it makes you shake your head.

Judging by your posts on this thread and others you are chaffed about Mr. Gaines making the team and the honors he has garnered. Which in my opinion are much deserved. He is an integral part of a defense that slowed down a powerful Burg attack and The GOAT in Pendelton. I believe he led those games in tackles and would end up leading the team at the end of the year. I would have to look at other stats he may be in the top 5 in the area. If you would have seen him play you would see that he was everywhere on the field. So your statement about on field play is far from logical its downright idiotic. You better get used to hearing his name because you are going to hear it alot in the upcoming seasons.

Panther85
Riding the Bench

Post by Panther85 »

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

mikenmike wrote:

Well by your standards the heisman should only go to a senior or junior evey year. Obviously the west fans are just all upset because their precious little "d1 athlete", "best rb/lb ever from this area" didn't win a award. If you would have watched Tyler gaines this year then you would have realized how valuable he really is to minford, and is very deserving of the award. The difference in him and pendleton is minford fans didn't run their mouths about how great he is, not to mention he actualy plays with class.

Gaines is very good player, he had an outstanding year, but isn't saying a kid doesn't play with class is a little uncalled for? I know West football, is known for doing some things that are frowned upon, but I have never know Trevon to do anything dirty, or even celebrate after a touchdown...

And about West fans running our mouths about Pendleton, I'm sure Minford or any other school would be excited to have him too, hes has all of the physical tools, all of the mental tools, he works hard in the weight room, and hes a good leader and kid...not mention he just rushed for 1400 yards and had 90 tackles...I think thats something to be excited about, players like him don't come around all of the time.

It is a very big accomplishment winning such an award as a sophmore congrats to him, you have the right to brag a little...hopefully he'll only improve

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

my comment had nothing to do with the young man as I am sure he is a good kid. it is the system and it dont look good when someone gets an award and it just so happens a parent and a cousin i believe are the coaches. we could go into some of the reasons for the stats but i wont as the kid should be happy for his year. it is the system and no i had no kid in the running. just looking at it from the outside. apparently some of you that are posting are friends and family. be happy for the success but i still say there had to be jrs and srs overlooked when you look at ALL of south-east Ohio.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Howell you are coming across like a childish idiot. Just stop. I am not from Minford so I could care less but I have read your posts on here and other threads about this and you need to stop. You act like the Minford coaches get to pick the winner. They may get to suggest someone but they cant make people vote. I believe the boy had like a 100 tackles on the league champion's team. So settle down and drop it. No matter how old he is he obviously had a great season so stop trying to diminish it by acting like a big baby. I believe sometimes these awards lose some merit because they are handed to seniors who aren't as deserving as a soph or junior. So look at that side of the coin. As i said, I don't have a dog in this fight but it is what it is so get over it. The falcons had a great season and if the Gaines boy was there best defensive player then who are you to say he wasn't? Obviously a lot people did think he was and they have a lot more say so than you.

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

thurston is the guy on the baseball forum awhile back moaning and groaning, his kid got cut or didn't play because of the baseball coaches, so he just needs to vent all the time, really don't have a clue and probably wasn't at any games!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

little doggy wrote:thurston is the guy on the baseball forum awhile back moaning and groaning, his kid got cut or didn't play because of the baseball coaches, so he just needs to vent all the time, really don't have a clue and probably wasn't at any games!

Maybe his kid should get better if he wants to play. What school was it?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Black@Orange wrote:I'm not arguing about West not getting enough players on the team. I'm not arguing about player of the year awards. So stop putting words in my mouth. I type what I want, you type what you want. There are some questionable selections from top to bottom. I will not call out anybody, that should or should not be on it. But there is a few on the team that are not even better than their teammates. Just because you're a senior, it shouldn't give you a spot, over someone more talented. And I am not a sore parent. So again, stop making me something that Im not.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Come on. Everyone knows that West has good players too. Look at the previous winners of the SOC II, then the runner up, etc. Normally, the winner has the most selections. Because they WON! Then the runner up, etc. It is just the way it shakes out.

Now I can say with certainty, that when West played Minford, one LB shined in that game and he wasnt wearing Black and Orange. The award is well deserved. Especially being a sophomore.

Not saying that West's LB isnt a football player....everyone knows he is. But lets not point fingers and act crazy.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

sider wrote:
mikenmike wrote:

Gaines is very good player, he had an outstanding year, but isn't saying a kid doesn't play with class is a little uncalled for? I know West football, is known for doing some things that are frowned upon, but I have never know Trevon to do anything dirty, or even celebrate after a touchdown...

And about West fans running our mouths about Pendleton, I'm sure Minford or any other school would be excited to have him too, hes has all of the physical tools, all of the mental tools, he works hard in the weight room, and hes a good leader and kid...not mention he just rushed for 1400 yards and had 90 tackles...I think thats something to be excited about, players like him don't come around all of the time.

It is a very big accomplishment winning such an award as a sophmore congrats to him, you have the right to brag a little...hopefully he'll only improve

Im not trying to get anything started but........Are you serious about the dirty plays? I watched him against portsmouth, valley, and minford and in the minford game he had several cheap shots on Oesch and in the valley game he was involved in alot of dirty shots (valley players were to) maybe it was just those games but he showed that west "attitude" in those games.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

ThurstonHowellIII wrote:my comment had nothing to do with the young man as I am sure he is a good kid. it is the system and it dont look good when someone gets an award and it just so happens a parent and a cousin i believe are the coaches. we could go into some of the reasons for the stats but i wont as the kid should be happy for his year. it is the system and no i had no kid in the running. just looking at it from the outside. apparently some of you that are posting are friends and family. be happy for the success but i still say there had to be jrs and srs overlooked when you look at ALL of south-east Ohio.

So because a kid has a parent that is a coach he should never be aloud to win a award? I guess we might as well not allow kids whos dad's coach college football get a scholarship to play either should we? You need to get over yourself. Whats the reasons for the stats? Im really interested in hearing what you have to say. Let me guess the coaching staff wanted this kid to get all the tackles so they put him in position to make almost every play this year? If so why didn't he run the ball this year to? You are a ignorant a$$ hole and need to get a clue.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Black@Orange wrote:I'm not arguing about West not getting enough players on the team. I'm not arguing about player of the year awards. So stop putting words in my mouth. I type what I want, you type what you want. There are some questionable selections from top to bottom. I will not call out anybody, that should or should not be on it. But there is a few on the team that are not even better than their teammates. Just because you're a senior, it shouldn't give you a spot, over someone more talented. And I am not a sore parent. So again, stop making me something that Im not.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Come on. Everyone knows that West has good players too. Look at the previous winners of the SOC II, then the runner up, etc. Normally, the winner has the most selections. Because they WON! Then the runner up, etc. It is just the way it shakes out.

Now I can say with certainty, that when West played Minford, one LB shined in that game and he wasnt wearing Black and Orange. The award is well deserved. Especially being a sophomore.

Not saying that West's LB isnt a football player....everyone knows he is. But lets not point fingers and act crazy.

I haven't said one word against Gains, I would love to have him at West. Quit trying to speculate on who I'm talking about. It seems that the Minford fan are the ones that are trying to defend the selections. I have no problems with the poy awards. And as far as Minford goes I think Kimble was well deserving of first team honors. But he made second team. And I don't know a coach in the SOC that would not start Dereck Roeback (W) or the Brown brothers (NW) on their teams. Again I will not call any player out that I don't think is deserving.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

[/quote]

Im not trying to get anything started but........Are you serious about the dirty plays? I watched him against portsmouth, valley, and minford and in the minford game he had several cheap shots on Oesch and in the valley game he was involved in alot of dirty shots (valley players were to) maybe it was just those games but he showed that west "attitude" in those games.[/quote]

Every man to his own, I have known a fair share of West players to be cheap, I never known Pendleton to be one, I have seen some hits be borderline, he hates to lose and plays with a lot of intensity, I'll give you that, you could call some stuff borderline, but I personally classify dirty as punching, blatant late hits, arguing with officals, starting fights on the field...even though that has happened at West, I've never seen Pendleton play like that. Thats just my opinion though, what one man classifies as dirty, one classifies as pushing the rules

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

sider wrote:

Im not trying to get anything started but........Are you serious about the dirty plays? I watched him against portsmouth, valley, and minford and in the minford game he had several cheap shots on Oesch and in the valley game he was involved in alot of dirty shots (valley players were to) maybe it was just those games but he showed that west "attitude" in those games.[/quote]

Every man to his own, I have known a fair share of West players to be cheap, I never known Pendleton to be one, I have seen some hits be borderline, he hates to lose and plays with a lot of intensity, I'll give you that, you could call some stuff borderline, but I personally classify dirty as punching, blatant late hits, arguing with officals, starting fights on the field...even though that has happened at West, I've never seen Pendleton play like that. Thats just my opinion though, what one man classifies as dirty, one classifies as pushing the rules[/quote]

Watched Pendleton alot on film, he doesnt take cheap shots. he loves to finish tackles though! WOW!

Return to “Football”