Tribune: River Valley has standing invitation to join TVC

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Tribune: River Valley has standing invitation to join TVC

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Check out the last sentence of this article in the Ironton Tribune that talks about Marietta leaving the SEOAL....

http://www.irontontribune.com/news/2009/dec/04/marietta-next-exit-seoal/

River Valley — a member of the Ohio Valley Conference — has a standing invitation from the TVC.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Tribune: River Valley has standing invitation to join TVC

Post by Orange and Brown »

I wonder if that is true or not. Hard to say.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I am not surprised by the statement and I think it will happen in a couple of years. I also think they will go into the Ohio along with another team to keep the number of teams at an even number for scheduling reasons. If TVC can get enough teams to form 3, 6 team divisions, then I think they will be in the middle division.

JMHO

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

It's about time River Valley joins the TVC. They should have been in the TVC ever since the school was formed in 93. The school is right in the middle of TVC country. It has never made sense for them to drive to Lawrence county for every league game.

Go Bucks!
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks! »

RV would be smart to jump to the TVC. The travel just does not make sense for them, esp. when you start talking volleyball, basketball, baseball, and softball. If this move would happen, what would happen to the rest of the OVC....CG, RH, SP, CH, and Fairland? Since all the schools are playing the top dogs in the SOC now...CG-Minford/ Valley, SP-Burg, Fairland-West, RH-Valley/ West/ Burg, Peake-West....why not try a merge with SOC I and SOC II?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Go Bucks! wrote:RV would be smart to jump to the TVC. The travel just does not make sense for them, esp. when you start talking volleyball, basketball, baseball, and softball. If this move would happen, what would happen to the rest of the OVC....CG, RH, SP, CH, and Fairland? Since all the schools are playing the top dogs in the SOC now...CG-Minford/ Valley, SP-Burg, Fairland-West, RH-Valley/ West/ Burg, Peake-West....why not try a merge with SOC I and SOC II?

I have been barking up that tree for years. I think it makes a lot of sense to do that merger, then you add in Ironton and Portsmouth and you have yourself a nice southern Ohio conference with two or even three divisions.

tony181stewart
Riding the Bench

Post by tony181stewart »

that would be great if they joined the tvc, it doesn't make any sense why their in the ovc anyway

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

but who would the O.V.C. get to replace them

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Matt52 wrote:but who would the O.V.C. get to replace them

Well it would be tough finding another school, but to be honest if River Valley left would the O.V.C. even miss them??

thirtytrap
Freshman Team

Post by thirtytrap »

Their football history has surprised me, arn't they the two combined schools of Kyger Creek and North Gallia?? I may be wrong but if they are the two old schools I can remember back in the day when they both were pretty good at the game.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Matt52 wrote:but who would the O.V.C. get to replace them

Well it would be tough finding another school, but to be honest if River Valley left would the O.V.C. even miss them??

it would be tough schedule wise b/c who could we play week 6 ironton? we would get crushed

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

If River Valley does leave, the OVC should send an invite to Oak Hill. They are located on rt. 93 not far from Rock Hill so travel shouldn't be a problem. I know they play most sports in the SOC 2, but for football they are a member of the SOC 1. Oak Hill needs a better conference for their football team, and if the SOC 2 isn't going to let them in for all sports why not move to the OVC. That would give the OVC an even 6 teams which means no open dates late in the season.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

or symmes valley would be good but the question is can they compete with everybody else but almost beat peake in football so maybe they could

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Daniel Larusso wrote:If River Valley does leave, the OVC should send an invite to Oak Hill. They are located on rt. 93 not far from Rock Hill so travel shouldn't be a problem. I know they play most sports in the SOC 2, but for football they are a member of the SOC 1. Oak Hill needs a better conference for their football team, and if the SOC 2 isn't going to let them in for all sports why not move to the OVC. That would give the OVC an even 6 teams which means no open dates late in the season.

Not to disrepect River Valley, but on the way to the playoff game against the Oaks this year I told my wife I would rather make this trip every other year than going into Gallia County.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

Symmes Valley there getting better in every sport leave soc to scioto county schools and leave lawrence to O.V.C. (except ironton)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Daniel Larusso wrote:If River Valley does leave, the OVC should send an invite to Oak Hill. They are located on rt. 93 not far from Rock Hill so travel shouldn't be a problem. I know they play most sports in the SOC 2, but for football they are a member of the SOC 1. Oak Hill needs a better conference for their football team, and if the SOC 2 isn't going to let them in for all sports why not move to the OVC. That would give the OVC an even 6 teams which means no open dates late in the season.

I've been saying this on here for a LONG time. Oak Hill is about the same size as the rest of the OVC and they were in the conference for a LONG time.
The Symmes Valley thing has been tried and it failed miserably. Symmes Valley is in a good conference for them with schools that are their size. They can't compete on a regular basis with the OVC in football. I don't get why people can't just let this idea die.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Wasn't Oak Hill at one time in the OVC? And if I remember correctly it did not work out too well for them. Also, Oak Hill is right where they want to be in football. It is not like they have totally dominated the SOC I ranks, and there is a BIG difference between I and II, just ask Valley.

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

The OVC was created at a meeting in Oak Hill in the 1950's. Wheelersburg has also been an OVC member. Other members at one time or another include Symmes Valley, Ceredo Kenova, Wayne, and Buffalo-Wayne.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

IMO It would be best if RV would leave the OVC!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I'd like to see RV just go indie for a while and build up the program; that won't happen, but to me it would be the best choice for at least a while.

Return to “Football”