DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I don't see why the state wouldn't want the two best teams in the state finals but then again god forbid a catholic school not be in the finals

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:I don't see why the state wouldn't want the two best teams in the state finals but then again god forbid a catholic school not be in the finals
Man it don't matter if we're playing this Friday or next Friday either way we have to play em, so let's just do it now!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If it is Coldwater, why not somewhere in Columbus? 95 miles for Burg to Grove City and 108 miles for Coldwater

Here is a pic of Xenia's stadium. Nice home side but not a very big visiting section which shouldn't matter for the Burg, they should be the home team being the higher seed

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Nice Pirate logo in the middle of the field.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

COngrats Burg..Continue to represent...I heard the traffic was backed up to the Dairy Queen....At the end of the day, it's all about the kids playing the game....Congrats to ZT on a very fine season....undefeated going into a regional finals game is a great accomplishment for any school...

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote:Nice Pirate logo in the middle of the field.

I see that now. That is very nice.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Xenia is a pretty central location.
I hope to make this one.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Just throwing it out there, Waverley was way to small for the game tonight!!! Lol
Went to the Jackson/Zanesville game was telling my wife I predicted the burg/ZT game to have more people do to location. Curious as to how many were there and was there anything done by Waverly to add to the seating??

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

It was insane packed!! 4deep all around the fence and every seat was full!! No extra seating...

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

They said 5500 was in attendance and someone had mentioned that the stadium only held 3500.

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

greygoose wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Just throwing it out there, Waverley was way to small for the game tonight!!! Lol
Went to the Jackson/Zanesville game was telling my wife I predicted the burg/ZT game to have more people do to location. Curious as to how many were there and was there anything done by Waverly to add to the seating??
Waverly did nothing to add to the seating. If I had to guess, easily a few thousand were there. The seating situation was a joke in my opinion.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:They said 5500 was in attendance and someone had mentioned that the stadium only held 3500.
5500 tickets sold that's not counting kids below kindergarten. Lol man that's a lot of people!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BobSugar wrote:
greygoose wrote:
Waverly did nothing to add to the seating. If I had to guess, easily a few thousand were there. The seating situation was a joke in my opinion.
That's a shame but definitely lessons learned they will have to address that by next year if they want to continue to host, at least host games of this magnitude, because with the teams in southern ohio along the river, waverly is a pretty good site when facing teams from Chillicothe and up.

Burgbacker85
Waterboy

Post by Burgbacker85 »

I have no idea why it mater who or where we play. Just like in the NCAA basketball tournament... Well not the playoff system for college football travel is longer for some than others and the bracket is set from the beginning. That might mean the best teams play before the finals. It doesn't matter. It's time to get focused of Coldwater. We get one more week of football. I'm happy with that.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I couldn't imagine Waverly ever getting another regional championship game to host. The parking was horrible too. But I will say. It was a great atmosphere. Being 6'4" I didn't care to stand in the 4 the row. I can see over most anyone.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:They said 5500 was in attendance and someone had mentioned that the stadium only held 3500.
5500 tickets sold that's not counting kids below kindergarten. Lol man that's a lot of people!!
WOW been at Waverly's stadium and that's just way to much for that stadium to hold but really with that number, Jackson is about the only stadium that was going to hold that. Told my wife they'd have more people then Jackson/Zanesville never heard a number the stands were almost full but I was on the home side and still was plenty of spots to be had, anyone who was standing along the fence simply chose to. Just around me within 4-5 rows in front of me was open seating for 15-20 people and that was just one small section. Hope Waverly takes something from this with 2 teams being so close together and so many schools in a small area you have to know everyone is going to come rolling in. Not going to be like that each time but that game was the perfect storm.

Football44
Waterboy

Post by Football44 »

So zt had 3 hurt lineman but still moved the ball pretty well so how is wheelersburg ganna stop the back to back to back champs?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Football44 wrote:So zt had 3 hurt lineman but still moved the ball pretty well so how is wheelersburg ganna stop the back to back to back champs?
ZT had 35 yards in the second half.. moving on...

Football44
Waterboy

Post by Football44 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
Football44 wrote:So zt had 3 hurt lineman but still moved the ball pretty well so how is wheelersburg ganna stop the back to back to back champs?
ZT had 35 yards in the second half.. moving on...
But they moved the ball well in the first half

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Moved the ball? They got shutout and barely had 100 yards. The only lineman that I heard was out was the center.

Return to “Football”