Gallia Academy 2010

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Re: Gallia Academy 2010

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

I wish the Devils luck. I hope they can get back on track and make another playoff run. I wont go as far as to say 8 wins but they will definitely make some noise

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Anybody have a 2010 GAHS grid schedule?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

2010 Football Schedule

8/27/10 Athens A

9/3/10 Hillsboro H

9/10/10 Wellston H

9/17/10 Marietta A

9/24/10 Ironton A

10/1/10 Logan A

10/8/10 Chillicothe H

10/15/10 Portsmouth H (Homecoming)

10/22/10 Warren A

10/29/10 Jackson H

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

no less than seven wins

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

7 or 8 wins...... The program must be turned around already..........LOL.... Craig Wright named the new AD..... Glad they kept it in the family.... First order of business should be to get Meigs & Point back on our schedule... Oh well!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

superblue wrote:7 or 8 wins...... The program must be turned around already..........LOL.... Craig Wright named the new AD..... Glad they kept it in the family.... First order of business should be to get Meigs & Point back on our schedule... Oh well!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that they need to drop the games with Hillsboro and Wellston, and renew the long time rivalries with Meigs and Point Pleasant.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Will they have the Back Bone!!!A new ad does not make a football team 5-5 at the best.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

gahs4ever wrote:Id like to see us drop Ironton. They dont think they need the SEOAL to survive, but next year 40% of their FB schedule is against SEOAL teams; GAHS, Portsmouth, Chillicothe, Jackson. They cited travel as one reason for leaving. If the SEOAL drops them like they dropped us it will be interesting to see how far they will have to go.

As it is they have Jonathan Alder and another (?) Columbus area coming in for two more games on their schedule. It will be interesting to see if they make the return trips in 2011. I may be wrong but I believe long time opponents Ashland, Russell, and Wheelersburg round out the schedule for next fall.

I feel exactly the same way, but it won't happen. Ironton's biggest rival is Portsmouth so they will never drop them, and Gallia is the only other school in the SEOAL to consistently play them over the years. The game is good for Gallia and Ironton as far as travel, gate, and competition goes. Jackson and Chillicothe don't have as much history with Ironton so it would be very interesting if they opted to play someone other than Ironton in the coming years. Then Ironton would be in for some scheduling nightmares considering there aren't many of the OVC and SOC schools that will play them. I could see some long road trips to Kentucky, West Virgina, and northern Ohio, or maybe they will just stick with an 8 or 9 game schedule every year.

I kind of get the vibe that Ironton thinks they are the Notre Dame of southeastern Ohio. The way Notre Dame thinks they are too good to be the Big Ten's 12th team, and the way Ironton thinks they are too good for the SEOAL are very similar. Neither one has any football titles since the late 80's, and both love to talk about how great they were in the past. The similarities between the two are almost uncanny. I feel like the SEOAL should boycott Ironton, and the Big Ten should boycott Notre Dame.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Family or not Craig will do a good job.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

IRONTON BRINGS A BIG GATE.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

BBallin fool wrote:Will they have the Back Bone!!!A new ad does not make a football team 5-5 at the best.

Who the 5 that gonna beat them?

I need to save BBallin's quote to the disc for future reference....lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meigs? No way, they dropped us. Point? Maybe instead of Wellston. Ironton? Keep them on, good gate, win/win for the Devils. If we beat 'em, mucho points, if not, oh well.
To drop them because of the league thing is childish, IMHO.

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

We signed a two year deal starting this year with Vinton County and will be starting the next part of a deal with South Point starting this year. Our first open date in the schedule will not happen until the VC deal is over. We have 7 conference games and three OOC games with VC, South Point, and Ravenswood.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

When GAHS had material in the old SEOAL, there were posters on this site that wanted the Blue Devils to "raise the bar" in both football and basketball. After Portsmouth, Ironton, Chillicothe and Zanesville came into the league, the Blue got the s kicked out of them and some blamed the coaches.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Jottings wrote:When GAHS had material in the old SEOAL, there were posters on this site that wanted the Blue Devils to "raise the bar" in both football and basketball. After Portsmouth, Ironton, Chillicothe and Zanesville came into the league, the Blue got the s kicked out of them and some blamed the coaches.

Gallia has played Portsmouth and Ironton in football and basketball non league games for years so them being added to the league is no excuse. In football Gallia is way behind in the Ironton series(who isn't), but if I'm not mistaken they lead the Portsmouth all time series. I'm not sure where the basketball series stands with either one. Chillicothe was another great addition to the league IMHO. There isn't much history between them and Gallia, but they are going to force everyone in the league to step up their basketball game. Zanesville came and went. I really don't know why they were invited in the first place because they are not a southeastern Ohio school. They are better off in the ECOL. Even after all the new additions Logan still rules football so nothing has changed there. I really have no complaints about the new league. If Gallia wants to be a champion they are going to have to play the biggest and best schools in the southeast district. Because that is exactly what they are going to see when playoff time comes. If they want the big gates I suggest somebody look into getting Meigs and Point Pleasant back on the non league schedule.

As far as blaming the coaches goes I just think Gallia is on a down cycle of athletes. They just don't have the game breakers walking the halls of GAHS right now, but I wouldn't look for that to last for long. Gallia usually has some of the most talented kids in the southeast district. People forget that the first year this new league existed Gallia finished third behind Logan and Chillicothe in football. They lost close games to both, and beat Ironton for the first time in forever. Granted Bob Lutz sat out that season, but Gallia still won. The old regime in football was fine as is the new one. Although I didn't agree with the old regime's defensive philosophies the offense was fine for the most part. They experienced problems when they tried to run the offense through one player instead of spreading the ball around. The new regime needs more time to prove itself then I can give an opinion. Basketball is going to struggle until there are some changes IMHO. I think OZ is a great coach, and knows how to instill discipline in high school kids. He has shown many boys what it takes to be a man over the years, but his offensive system is outdated by about 50 years. Teams are going to continue to run Gallia off the court.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Just wondering Daniel...what years in football did your Blue Devils try to run their offense through one player?

The General
All State

Post by The General »

How players play at GAHS in the last few years has been a problem along with the physical and mental toughness that it takes for kids and programs to be successful. No question about that. But I can assure you that the problems have ran a lot deeper than than that in the past few years in certain sports at this school and it makes it very difficult to overcome.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

The General wrote:Just wondering Daniel...what years in football did your Blue Devils try to run their offense through one player?

Several, and it cost them when they played someone who could exploit it. We shall leave it at that.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

No..Daniel...back up your mouth and your perceptions..give your audience some specific answers. And while you are at it,what aspects of the way they played defense didnt you agree with?...Sorry...it is not really your mouth.It is your fingers. :122245 .Dont leave it Daniel..Put it on here. Come on. You seem to have some insight... :12223

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Daniel!!! Got your back!!!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Still waiting, which 5 teams are going to beat them?

Return to “Football”