Week 3 Ironton @ Chillicothe

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

fightingtigers45
S

Re: Week 3 Ironton @ Chillicothe

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Tigers win. I dont want to predict a score, as Ive been way off both games.

I will need a ride back home if any Tiger fans are interested.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

we may have room 45. Lets talk wednesday night.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Thank you. Will do. See you then

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

fightingtigers45 wrote:Tigers win. I dont want to predict a score, as Ive been way off both games.

Sorry 45, you can always go to Columbus with me!

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Ironton should win this game handily.

Ironton - 42
Chilly - 7

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Chillicothe can play D like they did last week in the 1st half they might keep the score down.

cavalierfan1995
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan1995 »

first of all

palidan:you want to talk about a missmatch how about the chiftans vs the raiders.thats a missmatch.

the raiders will have you sleeping with the fishes by the half.

second:the cavs have four games at home. they need to take advantage of this.

this game will be close the cavs win by 7.

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

A lot of folks have commented for the past several weeks that Ironton has a dominant team this year capable of making a deep playoff run. That may be true, but the actual on-field results have been less than scintillating. To date, Ironton's opponents are a combined 1-4, and the average margin of victory has been only about 10 points.

I have witnessed both Coal Grove (in a scrimmage) and Russell run the ball up and down the field on the Ironton defense for multiple first downs. Against Russell, it seemed like Warner and Lawless were making almost every tackle (total of 27 between the duo), but other guys need to step it up. While the defense looked good against Wheelersburg, the offense failed to sustain any time consuming drives for scores, and instead relied on 2 big plays. The kicking game is at best a work in progress.

I think this team has talent. However, Coach Lutz stated in his pregame remarks last week that it may be Week 5 or Week 6 before he knows how good this team can be. No doubt, barring significant injuries, this team will get better from week-to-week. But all good teams get better as the season progresses. If the Tigers want to be a serious playoff contender, they may need a steeper improvement curve to compete with the likes of Coshocton, Bishop Hartley, and Portsmouth West.

So I am not predicting a blowout of the Cavaliers. Having not beaten them in Chilli since 1961, any win on Friday will be a good one. I'll take a nail-biter if the defense and kicking game can make some strides.

It would also be nice to loosen up the all-too-familiar 9-10 men in the box scheme with some earlier throws to the ends and backs - nothing heaved 25 yards down the field, just some dinks and dunks to keep the Cav defense honest. Tommy W. looks to have a pretty good arm, is heady, and can make a play with his feet if we roll him out of the pocket. Lawless looks dangerous downfield if we can get him the ball, and it would be nice to swing a few quick throws to Tres in open space to see what he could do. We need to polish up that kind of a game plan for later in the season when the rushing yards may be less plentiful.

To date, our offense has been pretty much a "last man standing" slugfest. That may work for now, but what about against high-powered Ashland (3-0), Gallia (2-0), Alder (2-0), Bishop Hartley (2-0), or in the postseason? To become dominant this year, we may need as much flash as we do smash. And that's kind of a sacrilegious belief around our town this time of year.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

When I peer down into southern ohio football I always find Ironton fans to be passionate and highly informed football fans. When I heard what happened to Chillicothe Friday night it I thought well they woke some body up a little bit. I find it sad that they could not play two halves again, but, I got hold of their film and saw them give what may end up being an undefeated Big Nut team ( their division id the weakest in the OCC) all they could handle for 2plus quarters. It appeared to me that if the CAVS do not fumble a snap on 3rd and short the Nut would have been busted. So, Ironton fans, I could see a lopsided score in your favor but it will not be until late. If the score is lopsided, the game will actually be closer than the score shows. Someone texted me last Friday that the Big Nut fans believed the game would be over before half time, not so much huh. Ironton takes the CAVS lightly they will get beat.

Better luck next year Canes fans! :lol:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

fightingtigers45 wrote:Tigers win. I dont want to predict a score, as Ive been way off both games.

I'll give you a ride home as long as your "MIAMI" buddy isnt with you........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TTK wears that Miami jersey around the trailer park like everyday is Halloween........... :-D :-D

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:

I'll give you a ride home as long as your "MIAMI" buddy isnt with you........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TTK wears that Miami jersey around the trailer park like everyday is Halloween........... :-D :-D
That hurts a little bit more from you TTT. And don't worry, I'm on my way to Columbus after this game.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

TigerTownKid wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:

That hurts a little bit more from you TTT. And don't worry, I'm on my way to Columbus after this game.
dont worry, you are still my favorite paper-boy, whose mom and dad passed your paper more than you........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I still luv u little fella....... ;-) ;-)

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

This is just call out TTK week this week isn't it?! :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

pembrook burrows III wrote:A lot of folks have commented for the past several weeks that Ironton has a dominant team this year capable of making a deep playoff run. That may be true, but the actual on-field results have been less than scintillating. To date, Ironton's opponents are a combined 1-4, and the average margin of victory has been only about 10 points.

I have witnessed both Coal Grove (in a scrimmage) and Russell run the ball up and down the field on the Ironton defense for multiple first downs. Against Russell, it seemed like Warner and Lawless were making almost every tackle (total of 27 between the duo), but other guys need to step it up. While the defense looked good against Wheelersburg, the offense failed to sustain any time consuming drives for scores, and instead relied on 2 big plays. The kicking game is at best a work in progress.

I think this team has talent. However, Coach Lutz stated in his pregame remarks last week that it may be Week 5 or Week 6 before he knows how good this team can be. No doubt, barring significant injuries, this team will get better from week-to-week. But all good teams get better as the season progresses. If the Tigers want to be a serious playoff contender, they may need a steeper improvement curve to compete with the likes of Coshocton, Bishop Hartley, and Portsmouth West.

So I am not predicting a blowout of the Cavaliers. Having not beaten them in Chilli since 1961, any win on Friday will be a good one. I'll take a nail-biter if the defense and kicking game can make some strides.

It would also be nice to loosen up the all-too-familiar 9-10 men in the box scheme with some earlier throws to the ends and backs - nothing heaved 25 yards down the field, just some dinks and dunks to keep the Cav defense honest. Tommy W. looks to have a pretty good arm, is heady, and can make a play with his feet if we roll him out of the pocket. Lawless looks dangerous downfield if we can get him the ball, and it would be nice to swing a few quick throws to Tres in open space to see what he could do. We need to polish up that kind of a game plan for later in the season when the rushing yards may be less plentiful.

To date, our offense has been pretty much a "last man standing" slugfest. That may work for now, but what about against high-powered Ashland (3-0), Gallia (2-0), Alder (2-0), Bishop Hartley (2-0), or in the postseason? To become dominant this year, we may need as much flash as we do smash. And that's kind of a sacrilegious belief around our town this time of year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------very well put, basically the same thing i've been trying to say for years, but i get bullrushed for it, yes. if we want to advance. we will have to loosen up these teams that pile anywhere from 9 to 11 men in the box, to stuff the run. good line protection, and a well placed pass, that should loosen their bowels a bit. thats how we can compete with the teams you mentioned and beyond. GO TIGERS, ROLL THEM CAVS. this is gonna be closer, than everybody is predicting, i gaurantee it. unless we open up a can.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

I'd say that would do the trick this week Bait. I rember talking to someone in Chilly after last year's game, didn't Ironton have multiple TD passes against Chilli's defense last year? Probably would work again this year, wouldn't you think?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i hope so buckcraze. cause after this week, the schedule hits the proverbial fan.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

BABYFACE wrote:IRONTON WONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS WEEKS GAME, OR ANY OTHER GAME ON THEIR SCHEDULE THIS YEAR, WHAT HAPPEN TO THAT BRUTAL SCHEDULE YOU ALL USED TO PLAY?
Is that a serious statement?! You must not know anything about Ashland, Jonathan Alder, or Bishop Hartley :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

I finally have my internet back after a week with a broken modem. The new one arrived today :122245 :122245

Anyway......

GO TIGERS GO!!!!!

Go Bucks!!! (TTK that was for you)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TigerTownKid wrote:
BABYFACE wrote:IRONTON WONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS WEEKS GAME, OR ANY OTHER GAME ON THEIR SCHEDULE THIS YEAR, WHAT HAPPEN TO THAT BRUTAL SCHEDULE YOU ALL USED TO PLAY?
Is that a serious statement?! You must not know anything about Ashland, Jonathan Alder, or Bishop Hartley :roll: :roll: :roll:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------thats an understatement tiger town kid. he needs to look at joe eitel's standings which are out. i love haters. :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 -------------------------------------- no , i thrive on it.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

YTB, I've learned to do this to people like that............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh and :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “Football”