GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: Week 3 Reynoldsburg @ Logan

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

LoganLocos wrote:SPEED

SPEED

SPEED

Reynoldsburg had it. Logan didn't.

Throw in 3 Interceptions, 2 blocked punts, and a kick-off return for touchdown and it adds up to an ugly night of football.

It's funny, Reynoldsburg will probably lose to both Pick North AND Lancaster this year, and that is a reflection on just how poorly Logan played.

But the truth is Reynoldsburg was a better football team.

Hard to tell what Logan really has this fall. The purple will put their 34-game SEOAL on the line at Jackson next week, and it would be hard not to pick the Ironmen at this point.
At this point. Exactly correct. I think your just hurting right now. You will surely be thinking more clearly in a day or two.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Spamony -- sorry. Not wishful thinking. Logan should have matched up better than this.

My only comment as I didn't listen or watch the game ( I was out at a hot game in NEO) is that I was aware the Burg had speed & some athletes. Sounds like Logan shot themselves with turn-overs & bad special teams play which is out of character for them ( 3 INTS, 2 blocked punts & a kick-off returned for a TD). Hey, they got a butt kicking, & I was sure they would have matched up better than that, and they should have, but they didn't. No excuses here....... they obviously had a bad night & played a better team than they are. You can't makt taht many mistakes and win a game. This is odd like several years ago when they lost their non-league early then stormed thru the SEOAL for a title.

As Locos said, at this point its hard to tell what Logan really has -- the non-league schedule has really been tough, but other than a good second half with Lancaster, Logan has been outclassed with North & Burg. I can't imagine the SEOAL teams matching up with Lancaster, North or Burg, so we'll see how Logan fares in the league.
Last edited by Paladin on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

And I even heard Reynoldsburg could have had another TD but fumbled on the Logan 2 yard line earlier in the game,,,,Locos any info on Grahams leg, it could mean the season for the chiefs...

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

C-Bolt -

No idea on Graham.

I really don't think one player will make or break the season. In all honesty, McCarty looked pretty good running the football after Graham went out. No doubt Graham can/would have a great season, but all isn't lost with him IMO.

Kelly Long also went out with an injury, maybe a collarbone as he was in a sling in the 2nd half.

Still some dropped passes, especially early in the game. Logan had a hard time giving Jurgensmier time to throw as well, probably their worst night too IMO.

This is the time that LEADERS stand up and make a difference. Will be interesting to see how this team bounces back from adversity.

Both of those teams were a part of the current SEOAL winning streak and became SEOAL Champions. How will this group be remembered? They have a big test on Friday night.

Reminds of 2004 when the Chiefs started 0-3 (and eventually 1-5). That team had a ton of talent, but because of some bad breaks and chemistry issues struggled early.

This game reminded me of the Gahanna-Lincoln disaster in 2005 when the Lions whipped the Chiefs 48-0.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I like McCARTY too but Logan is not a speedy team to begin with and to lose Graham who looks like hands down their fastest player it could get really bad for Logan,,,If Long is hurt maybe they'll try Gaven at QB more often at least get him some experience because he looked pretty decent over at Sheridan.....I agree with that game with Gahanna it is eerily similar,who did Logan play after that? I know one year everybody was down on Logan and it looked bleak like now and Logan went down to Jacktown and pulled out a tough 21-14 decision and it was all downhill from there,,wouldn't it be something if that happened this year too!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Thats as bad a game as Logan has had in years . 3 INTs, 2 blocked punts and a kick-off for a TD.

And, I'm somewhat surprised with the D, which looked to be a strength htis year. What .. 35 points, 24 points & now 47 points ? You can't win games giving up points like that.

Jackson could be interesting if the Chiefs are hurt & missing people.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Was 47-7 final score?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

yes that was the final,,,,Paladin The defense worried me now that you know who has retired,he was the master of disaster for opposing offenses and its hard to replace someone like that, but he had a rough rocky year himself his first year so I guess theres always hope

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Amyx was a good coach. But its stil a 5-3 D that they play. Nothing has changed much except for personnel. An 8 man front should be better against the run but not so far. I'm not going to whine because the first 3 teams Logan has played are VERY good.... solid....tough..... speed..... and playing very good schedules themselves.

But reality is the SEOAL begins and there I can't imagine anyone being as good as the 3 teams we have played. However, with injuries now a fact of life, the Chiefs have to deal with it and get ready. No one hands you anything . The question is -- how good or bad are the Chiefs ?

Answer is next Friday.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Nothing against the current players or coaches; they are fine quality kids and the staff I'm sure is working hard to come to grips with the slow start. But I hope some Logan posters are over that "we don't rebuild, we reload" mentality. Yes, sometimes you DO rebuild. Sometimes you do take your lumps.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote:Nothing against the current players or coaches; they are fine quality kids and the staff I'm sure is working hard to come to grips with the slow start. But I hope some Logan posters are over that "we don't rebuild, we reload" mentality. Yes, sometimes you DO rebuild. Sometimes you do take your lumps.
I don't think any Logan posters truly expected to be ANY better than 1-2 at this point. Last night was one of the worst performances from an execution stand point that I can remember. Add in a tough opponent and you get a very disapointing performance.

"Rebuilding" is relative. If rebuilding means 4-6, I think that would be an underachieving. Ir rebuilding is 6-4, then have it.

But 6-4 most places is a pretty good season. That would be rebuilding at Logan.

Coming into the season I expected a 6-4 or 7-3 season. Call that rebuilding, call it re-loading, but I still think those numbers are possible.

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

I was at the game and what i seen was receivers afraid to catch the ball and running backs running straight into the pile instead of bouncing it out.On defense a lot of whifs on trying to tackle.this teams needs to scrap the playbook and start over and if your qb isnt producing set him down it couldnt have gotten any worse than what it was.I think they are going to struggle in the league also if they dont go back to fundamentals of the game.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

mab43bac wrote:I was at the game and what i seen was receivers afraid to catch the ball and running backs running straight into the pile instead of bouncing it out.On defense a lot of whifs on trying to tackle.this teams needs to scrap the playbook and start over and if your qb isnt producing set him down it couldnt have gotten any worse than what it was.I think they are going to struggle in the league also if they dont go back to fundamentals of the game.
the poor tackling is what is eating me up the most about this team. hap-hazzard hitting a player and thinking that all you need to do to get them down has to stop.

LoganAlumni99
Waterboy

Post by LoganAlumni99 »

Not looking good. I was one of the people predicting a 6-4 season, but now it looks like 3-7 or 4-6 is not out of the realm of possibility.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Has anyone noticed when opposing teams get in the redzone its almost always an easy touchdown,never was like that here that I can remember,but I'm like Paladin I can;t imagine anyone being tougher than the three headed monster,although the Zanesville game does have me a little worried now....

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Awww - Logan lost again!!! How about if I call your team the "chieftoons" - just a joke?? You know like all you Logan posters call Ironton's team the "tiggers"? The Ironton Fighting Tigers are 3 -0!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

caglewis wrote:Awww - Logan lost again!!! How about if I call your team the "chieftoons" - what a joke?? You know like all you Logan posters call Ironton's team the "tiggers"? The Ironton Fighting Tigers are 3 -0!!
Excuse me, I NEVER called them the tiggers so get off this "all you Logan posters". Good for your team. Hope they make some noise in the postseason. Logan AND Ironton have had down years and both will in the future. Both teams will also have some great teams. Enjoy it now. By the way, I do believe Logan and Ironton no longer play each other....what's your point?

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

we all knew people would be like this when Logan had a down year ,just because they owned everyone in this league for so many years.It all comes back around,,,,

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

caglewis wrote:Awww - Logan lost again!!! How about if I call your team the "chieftoons" - just a joke?? You know like all you Logan posters call Ironton's team the "tiggers"? The Ironton Fighting Tigers are 3 -0!!

:lol: Yep, lucky for you were not on your schedule to hand you a 5th strait. BUT, you have 7 or 6 more games on us at that point so we'd STILL have to hear how great you used to be.........

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

i seen boy s who didnt even want to play last night,no heart at all -none.going to be a long year, we are spoiled in logan and yes i will say it not the greatest coaching either.we dont have the talent to run the spread we need to go back to running the -i form-thats what we have the talent for.

Return to “Football”