Freshman Team

Re: Week 3 Warren @ Athens

Post by whsbeernuts04 »

4th and goal..... for all the marbles possibly.........WARREN TIMEOUT hahaha

whsbeernuts04
Freshman Team

Post by whsbeernuts04 »

4th and goal...... lets try this again...... for all the marbles possibly.........

whsbeernuts04
Freshman Team

Post by whsbeernuts04 »

PASS CAUGHT but didnt get feet in WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW Warren wins 34-28

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

What a game!!

whsbeernuts04
Freshman Team

Post by whsbeernuts04 »

Best HIGHSCHOOL football game I've ever heard in my entire life no matter who won this game HOLY.........COW....... (understatement hahaha)
Last edited by whsbeernuts04 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to the blue

whsbeernuts04
Freshman Team

Post by whsbeernuts04 »

Leffingwell - 21-43 326 yrds passing..... 5 td's 3 int's overtime 3-3 21 yrds and TD pass....... over 650 yrds the past 2 games.... they are saying if they would have caught more passes...... 400 yards tonight easily. Crazy stats. Athens plays Pburg South i think next!?!?!? Warren plays Portsmouth next!!

whsbeernuts04
Freshman Team

Post by whsbeernuts04 »

Just looked at the warrenwarriorfootball.com site...... based on that.... Leffingwell is already in the top 11 if not top 10 in passing yds in a season.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Get'em next week Dogs!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

What a great football game. The Warriors deserved to win this game but Athens is every bit as good as Warren and had the ability to win the game. Athens finally put together a complete game and nearly won the game in regulation.Good luck to Warren the rest of the way. Bulldogs keep grinding and working hard and wins are sure to come.

Native Warrior
Freshman Team

Post by Native Warrior »

Congrates to the Warriors! Thanks for the updates Beernuts. Great job by the announcers at 105.5...

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Listened to the last 3 minutes of this game and then lost the signal heading back to Cbus from Logan.

Great broadcast from 105.5 and a great game. Congrats to the Warriors on a big win!

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Athens starts out the season 0-3 with another close loss. No need to worry bulldogs TVC play will begin soon enough. It will still be Athens vs Nelsonville for the title.

whsbeernuts04
Freshman Team

Post by whsbeernuts04 »

.....based on what i heard i think Athens had every bit of a chance to win this game....... both teams shot themselves in the foot at times...... both teams made big plays at times....... Athens was one foot in bounds away from tying and potentially winning this game on a XP in overtime. Could have gone either way.......when it comes down to it I root for my Warriors but this was a GREAT GREAT game by both teams.... Athens will have a good season for sure! Warren has a tough schedule mostly the rest of the way..... guess we'll see how that plays out. :-)

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Just a couple of observations, as I was at Rutter field to watch this one......

First half, holy crap, what a mess. What, three fumbles, one interception, and at least 10 penalties combined???? Every play was painful. I texted LEROY at halftime and told him that I just witnessed 24 minutes of complete ineptitude when it came to HS football. I was questioning myself, what was I thinking to drive 30 miles, pay $5.00, and see such a crappy half of football???

Well, tale of two halves, and then some, obviously.... LOL!

Thanks for an entertaining evening, first off........

OK, just a couple of comments. Warren had better fix their perimeter defense, or they are NOT going to win too many more games. It looked like a 4-3, a time or two a 5-3, but, get past your ends (who don't move very well laterally), and it is Katy bar the door. Fix it or the rest of the season is not going to be too much fun. Also, improve your tackling. Make your tackles, this game never goes to overtime.

Athens - Gutty play all around. Your QB seems to be struggling a little bit this year, vs. last year when I saw you guys play a couple of times. Your O-line seems improved, and your D-line is also improving.

Your defensive backfield, well, it needs some work. I'll be kind and leave it at that.

Warren - Honestly, your bright spot? Your QB. Best HS QB I've seen in over 20 years. Too bad some of his nice throws were dropped, or bounced off of the receivers hands into the DB's hands. The kid is the real deal. He stays healthy, watch out. And the Fivecoate boy, I'm impressed. He made some tough catches and took some big hits tonight.

Ended up being a great game, everyone got their money's worth. Good luck to both teams the remainder of the season.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Based on the first 2 pages of this thread I would say one of two things is true (or perhaps both):
1. Warren isn't as good as all the posters here thought they were,
AND/OR
2. Athens is quite a bit better than people assume they are.
Last edited by Tyler_Durden on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Fantastic showing in The Plains tonight by both teams. Athens is tough and gritty and nailed down a Warrior offense to its lowest points scored all season ;)

I want to give credit to Grant Venham...who is such a threat as a receiver teams have to double cover him and open up some lanes for the equally athletic Jeremy Fivecoait, who had a great night. Leffingwell looked great in the second half...Warriors' D still looks shaky, but held its own during the 4th quarter. What more can you ask!

I wasn't so sure we could start 3-0 before the year began...and now I think that 4-0 could even be possible. Great showing, Big Blue, best of luck against Portsmouth next week.

Athens...you won't be winless for long...at least I hope not, secondary points are great!

walley777
Waterboy

Post by walley777 »

On the edge of my seat for the last part of this game! Lots of things to work on but I saw so much good stuff happening too. Austin Henthorns tackling (this kid gives 110% always!), Not sure why others were so impressed with Fivecoat tonight...several drops, tackling/defense not great, didn't (not couldn't) run out of bounds. Not as good a game as the last two for him. I was impressed with Grant Venhams interception, scoring, catches, and of course his punts.... they don't come more athletic then him! Andrew Vincent... young kid doing well...several catches, TD, strong defense. Jeremy Hastie... great to have him back! His presence was key several times throughout the game. And Dylan Leffingwell... so impressive, dead on accurate most of the time, super QB!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Warren - Honestly, your bright spot? Your QB. Best HS QB I've seen in over 20 years.

Really? No disrespect to this kid but you must not have seen Angle or Conrad from Logan, Gregory from Athens, Johnson from Gallia,or Humphries from Jackson, in my opinion all of them were better than this kid and they all played in the last 10 years. He does throw a good ball on short and intermediate routs but the deep ball needs work and he tends to throw a little behind the receiver alot (that's what caused both tip ball INT's). Warren gave the kid excellent protection during the game allowing him to sit back and wait for coverage to break down and to his credit he took advantage of it. The young man is better than average but has some work to do to be in the discussion with the players above in my opinion. Let's hope he progresses nicely and makes that happen.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Great heart by both teams. Athens has some great skill players and controlled the line of scrimmage. But Warren gave Leffingwell lots of time to throw the ball, and for a sophomore, the kid is really good. I saw him hit a couple "deep" passes so I'm not sure what A-Town is talking about there. Venham was Venham...he is going to get his plays. Vincent had some big catches too. Even though Fivecoait dropped a couple passes he made some incredible plays and fought for and got the extra yard. Austin Henthorn was Warren's player of the game in my opinion. He made big tackle after big tackle when no one else on the defense seemed to be able to. He also protected Leff in the pocket by abusing the first pass rusher to get thru the line. Goodluck to Athens the rest of the season...wins are on there way.

Return to “Football”