Ashland (4-0) @ Ironton (3-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Pepsiman
JV Team

Re: IRONTON vs ASHLAND

Post by Pepsiman »

Better look..........closer..........to.........Ky topics......on here.............

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Pepsiman wrote:Better look..........closer..........to.........Ky topics......on here.............
uhm.. Nahhh... 5 years as a SEOP and I'm pretty proud of it.. I've met many nice people from these forums. BTW I also give Southern Ohio insight too :12223

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

Your Ohio....insight is good..........and welcomed.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

this tomcat team poses a real threat to Ironton and I'm an I-town supporter, if the Tigers can keep this game close thru 4 quarters they have a real shot to win, but INMO the defense has to be on their a-game.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ashland can't beat them bad enough to satisfy me. hope they drill them good. MD

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

ManitouDan wrote:ashland can't beat them bad enough to satisfy me. hope they drill them good. MD

Your post disturbs me MD.Why all the hate?

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I think Ironton has been playing it close to the chest in the first 3 games just to get to this game.
This is a big game for Ironton and Lutz knows it look for more offence in this game from the Tigers.
Go Ironton

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

just because the sun should'nt shine on the same dog's rear end all the time ( and I'm pure bred Ky'ian lol) not that hateful I just got carried away MD

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

This game will be all about containing the Ashland quarterback and Ironton controlling the clock. If Ironton turns the ball over, they will lose this game. Ashland will score and Ironton must continue to control the clock and score with them. This is the most talented Ashland team most likely since the State title team of 1990.
I am glad to see Ashland returning to the program they should be. This is a great test for an Ironton team, that if they make a playoff run, they will have to be prepared to face high powered offenses like Ashland's.
Ashland will certainly be favored in this by at least 7 points. I cant pick against the Fighting Tigers. I will go with Ironton 36-34.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

The inability Ironton has shown in three victories to control their drives into the endzone for a score, mis-cues, turnovers, and basically hanging around and playing at the same level of their opponent MUST stop here. Some say LUTZ has deliberately played it close to the chest, in preparation for this game, as to not show ashland much. This is not typical LUTZ coaching decisions. I hope its true, because even with a 3-0 start, Im frustrated after each win. I feel something is missing. The sustained drives are there, but more often this year, without a score... Usually because of a 15 yard penalty or turnover. This cannot happen. Nothing i have stated can happen.
IRONTON has used the usual offense, with just enough yardage to win the games. Nothing special. The backs used are the core. BUT there are several more that could be mixed in, MORE.
I think this will have to happen more next week. Utilize all of those amazing backs. I also think Waginger will prove his leadership abilities with a more intact passing game, and some clever running... We can hang. But can we finish? Its a must and a picture that needs brushed clear to know if we can handle the MEAT of this upcoming schedule.... good luck tigers.. stay healthy...

E WAUGH.... YOURE EXPOSED... GIVE UP. WE SMELL YA... AFTER THE PERHAPS UNDESERVED "ITS JUST ASHLAND" STATEMENT... YOU OUTED YOURSELF WITH THE THREE VARIATIONS OF THE SMILEY FACES... YOUR A TOMCAT ON FIRE, AND YOU WILL GET BURNT ON THIS BOARD....

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

for the record, E Waugh has been on here for a while,I have seen him post some very good things about Ironton over the years, he has not been on as much as he was a couple years ago , but I think I remember him talking back and forth with Jesco White from Valley.

and I remember also, that he was always a big stats person.

the_onlooker
Waterboy

Post by the_onlooker »

Let me preface this post with the fact that i am pulling for ironton big time. i spent many years down on the river and now live up in northern ohio (so if you would like some info on northern teams, i'm your guy) however, i'm not a 100% sure that i believe ironton has been sand bagging for 3 games waiting for ashland to roll into town. under lutz ironton always has and will be a running football team so im not quite sure what they would be hiding, that secretly they are a spread football team? dont think so. this is a very talented squad i just dont think they have gelled quite yet, and its that simple. maybe it will take a rivalry game for them to do so. hopefully they come out and play up to their potential and really put a beating on ashland.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Gotta go with A-town here...

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Pepsiman wrote:Nobody wants.........opinions on Ky......football............get it nobody........cares.......
then..........why did............. you...............schedule ................ them ??????????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

This is the first of three losses on Irontons schedule. They lose to Ashland, Jonathan Alder and Hartley this season. Mark it down.

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

biggdowgg wrote:for the record, E Waugh has been on here for a while,I have seen him post some very good things about Ironton over the years, he has not been on as much as he was a couple years ago , but I think I remember him talking back and forth with Jesco White from Valley.

and I remember also, that he was always a big stats person.
Indeed! I went to Ashland, but I have absolutely nothing against Ironton :)

Yes I did discuss insight on anything SOC.. Also Valley insight with numbers of fellow posters.

Did some stats here and there though :)

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

It doesn't happen often, but Ashland has to be a huge favorite in this game. I mean, after all, look what they did to Russell, which gave Ironton fits.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

AHM wrote:This is the first of three losses on Irontons schedule. They lose to Ashland, Jonathan Alder and Hartley this season. Mark it down.
there goes the neighbor hood... :122246 :mrgreen:

pbuck
All State

Re: Ashland (4-0) @ Ironton (3-0)

Post by pbuck »

Ironton wins a sqeaker IMO

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

85inside wrote:This game will be all about containing the Ashland quarterback and Ironton controlling the clock.
this post SHOULD HAVE read....

"This game will be all about over by the end of the first quarter." :lol:

Return to “Football”